[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to the Mega Man franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

What happened to the Mega Man franchise?
>>
>>379293901
I remember in middle school, I desperately looked for any lewds of Ciel online, couldn't find any good ones. Even now, there's barely anything. Fuck Japan
>>
>>379293901
Capcom cancelled two MM games in a row. They haven't made another one since but they have released collections of old MM games so people aren't (so) mad at them.
>>
>>379294241
can't lewd ciel she is pure
>>
File: C_UL0hyU0AAZ0Cd.png orig.png (512KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
C_UL0hyU0AAZ0Cd.png orig.png
512KB, 800x782px
>>379294241
My condolences anon.
>>
Capcom tried to make megaman into a microtransaction franchise with mobile crap and buy all upgrades with money, it didnt work so they literally took all support from it.

tl;dr: Its dead.
>>
Why doesn't Ciel get as much love as Roll does?
>>
>>379293901
It was constantly making shit games and people wished it was dead

Then it was killed.
>>
>>379294241
It's a shame cause she's cute.
>>
>>379294823
Two possible reasons:
1.- Because Ciel dun goof and made CopyX, screwing herself and everyone around.

2.- Rollfags are robot fetishfags, Ciel is human.
>>
Capcom couldn't beat the Conman level.
>>
>>379295565
To be fair Conman's level was made to be unbeatable.
>>
>Capcom makes 1 Mega Man game a year
>"Ugh stop saturating the market with shitty sequels
>Capcom takes a break from Mega Man
>"WHERE IS MEGA MAN 12? X9? STAR FORCE 4? MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE!"
>>
It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>379293901
Capcom fricked it up
>>
it turned into a faggy jrpg then died
>>
Oversaturation
>>
I bet Legends 3 would have saved the franchise, especially if they did a quick port of 1 and 2 and put them on the same cartridge or something
>>
>>379297254
As much as I would have loved a Legends 3 I don't think it was actually as much of a a cash cow as the vocal fanbase would have you believe

It just is bad timing that Capcom decided to stop rehashing Mega Man when we actually had a title that wasn't a rehash on the horizon.
>>
>>379293901
Capcom overproduced Mega Man.
Mega Man sales dropped as a result.
Capcom decided that Mega Man was dead, cancelled upcoming games in the series, and basically stuck it on a shelf.

They also tried a few mobile games and currently have an anime planned, to see if there is any interest.

>>379294823
Ciel was in four games, all of which were very difficult, and so less people played them.

Roll was in around 20 different games, plus a cartoons and a bunch of different manga. \Mmore people are familiar with her. More specifically, anything that is generally about "Mega Man" tends to reference the original series, which means Rock/Roll/Light. So she gets a lot more exposure.
>>
>>379294823
There is an artist that makes up for the lack....
>>
what do you guys think about mmx command mission?

just started it. while the game is filled with original characters, i'm enjoying it a lot
>>
Can they just make a new battle network? Just please I fucking need it.
>>
>>379298468
Disappointing. Grindy. Linear. Most of the dungeons were incredibly boring to play through, being mostly the same hallways everywhere and very little to really find, plus the fights were tough but didn't give you much XP. The voice acting and story wasn't terrible (surprising, consider the other PS2-era MMX games) but I hope you are fine with an whiny X. I can understand what his motivations are supposed to be, but just the way he delivers his lines makes me simply not care much about him.
>>
>>379298468
Eh. It's okay. There's not a lot to say about it really.
>>
>>379298468
First few missions are a slog, but it gets better once you have a selection of equipment to choose from and more characters get involved.
Marino is busted as fuck with her hyper mode.

Its decent, but it's a unreasonably grindy game sometimes.
>>
>>379293901
Not profitable. MonHun prints money with no effort on development. Go figure.
>>
>>379298468
Typical unbalanced generic JRPG.
>>
File: mega-man-10-wii-title-68987.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega-man-10-wii-title-68987.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
i feel like a big part that killed megaman was megaman 10.
9's gimmick was that it was another nes megaman. and then a sequel came out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1452454268806.jpg (1MB, 1581x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1452454268806.jpg
1MB, 1581x1342px
Megaman ZX was pretty good, and I'm sad it ended on a cliffhanger in ZXA
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.