[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on CS:GO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 18

File: fb_image.png (12KB, 1200x603px) Image search: [Google]
fb_image.png
12KB, 1200x603px
Never really see a CS:GO on /v/ that much so I decided to try something different

What is /v/'s general opinion on it? Good? Bad? Meh? Reasons? Gimme your review for CSGO, /v/.
>>
>>379290735
playing it right now, its bretty gud
i won a 1v5 yesterday
>>
If you're playing it seriously (i.e. queuing with 4 friends), it's the best CS game.
If you're playing it casually (soloqueuing or jumping into custom servers), it's the worst CS game.
I'd still be playing it every day if they did something about the cheating problem. I don't understand how Valve are always 1 step behind cheat developers.
>>
It's filled with retarded russians fuck them
>>
>>379291494
>cheating problem
what cheating problem? sounds like you're just bad
>>
>>379291803
Cheating still ruins the game if the cheater is on your team. And it's pretty easy to tell when you can spectate them.
>>
>>379292386
yeah, but I seriously can't recall seeing any cheaters in my matches. what country do you live in? I mostly matchmake with russians
>>
>>379291803

that makes no sense if he was bad then he wouldn't be playing vs cheaters

Only after you git gud do you start getting ragers every third game
>>
anybody want to downrank with me? playing with silvers is so much more fun than the tryhards in gold+
>>
>>379290735
Fine to play causally. Awful to play seriously. Way too many retarded gimmicks like spray patterns (that can turn into RNG even if your aim is perfect) and slowing down when shot for me to take it seriously as an esport

Community is the literal definition of Reddit though
>>
>>379293083
>>379291494
>taking video games seriously
nobody does this unironically, right?
>>
>>379290735
Been playing since 1.6.
Overall CS is less thrilling than Rainbow6. Hopefully after Operation Health it'll bring in more players who shun it for netcode and other known issues.
>>
File: 1494539411424s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494539411424s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>379293083

you are just shit at the game lmao
>>
>>379293313
Dudewhere'syourargument?.jpg
>>
It's shit.
>>
File: WhereEvenIsIt.jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
WhereEvenIsIt.jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>379293746
>>
If you browse /v/ you're automatically bad at CS.
>>
Counter Strike (all versions) have absolutely horrendous gun handling/feeling and absolutely retarded shooting/aiming mechanics that people defend for no reason at all. It would be a good game otherwise.
>>
>>379293000
Anything under Supreme-Global is Silver.
>>
>>379290735
it is fine, far from perfect but very playable if you ignore the whole gloves/knives/gun cosmetics cesspool
>>
>>379294256
lower-silver then
>>
Use server blocker to block the Russians. Russians use Stockholm Steam servers, ironically.
>>
>>379294090
Ty senpai
>>
Its a really reliable game as far as quality goes... These days the majority of people that play it are fucking cancer though.
>>
>I don't understand how Valve are always 1 step behind cheat developers.

It's pretty simple. Cheats can't be detected and banned if they haven't been made yet. So it's the nature of the beast that the anti cheat side of the things will always be one step behind.

Tiny changes to the ways cheats are coded make a difference to detecting them.

As far as blatant spinbotting and aimbotting, there are recent changes to the way servers detect these and a LOT more people are getting banned by Overwatch. Go do an overwatch case right now and there's a 50+ percent chance it will be a blatant cheater. Try it.
>>
>>379294228
>it would be a good game if it didn't have all the things that make it distinct from other shooters
I'll put my money on you being shit at the game and not wanting to learn how it works.
>>
>>379294256
this is such horseshit, you can go and watch a global game on twitch and most people still play like retards. Getting a high rank in matchmaking comes down to just playing with others who don't throw games and aren't completely retarded. Playing solo queue isnt the same as playing with 4 tryhards every single game. Even spastics can get high ranks this way, just look at the twitch booby streamers. They have some of the worst movement i've ever seen in my entire life but are eagle+.

My goal was to get Eagle mostly solo (eagle+ is all the same). Achieved that and now i just point at heads in solo q. It's no nice not caring about rank anymore and just shooting at people.
>>
>>379290735
It's a Counter-Strike game. Like that one that was before, only with skins and shit and tweaked balance. It's okay if you like Counter-Strikes.
>>
File: 1495403568014.png (611KB, 710x784px) Image search: [Google]
1495403568014.png
611KB, 710x784px
The game is fun with a group friends who aren't really shit in FPS in general. Then again, any game can be fun with friends.
If you take the game too seriously, you're gonna get some anger issues because you're gonna deal with retards who can't spatial awareness or game sense. The gameplay in itself is fine but sometimes it can get frustrating due to how the guns work, like at times the first bullet not being accurate.
>>
>>379290735
The fact that guns like AK have a cone of fire on single paced shots was the final nail in the coffin to me, shooters are frustrating enough via latency etc that make you frustrated when you don't land a shot you were sure you had, with this cone of fire though the game will randomly decide when you miss, and that's a step too far for me.
>>
High skill ceiling. Counter strafing is one of the better mechanics introduced to the genre. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to shoot people with firearms though. Why just because I am moving does the bullet come out the barrel of my gun diagonally? Especially with rifles that are long as fuck like the AWP and M4. I understand "why," but the shit makes no sense.
>>
>>379296661
its because babbies found it too hard to play real shooting-people-simulators like quake so they made it easy and now CS is the best shooter because nobody plays quake anymore and all other shooters are trash
>>
File: 1468621248567.jpg (16KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1468621248567.jpg
16KB, 401x401px
>>379293746

you are nowhere near good enough at the game to make any sort of judgement call about its mechanics or viability as a competitive title
>>
It's shit.

Doesn't even play like the CS 1.6, CSCZ, or CSS.

It's literally built for competitive, and there's no true Counter-Strike gameplay that we know and love.
>>
>>379296661
Because an element of RNG adds to the "hype" of the game. It becomes a game of who can catch who off guard better rather who's the better shooter.
>>
>>379290735
Meh... I mean, I personally prefer singleplayer games much more, but even taking that into consideration, I don't find CS:GO to be any fun. It pretends to be a skill-based game then some random fucker runs at me spraying and randomly gets a headshot. I do the same, it works 60% of the time. Huh...
>>
>>379291494
>If you're playing it casually (soloqueuing or jumping into custom servers), it's the worst CS game.
holy shit this. Most of my friends I played css and later csgo with moved on to other games, so I tried playing it on my own for quite some time. I can't imagine who could possibly enjoy playing with complete randoms in a """"competetive"""" matchmaking game.
>>
>>379298143
>I can't imagine who could possibly enjoy playing with complete randoms in a """"competetive"""" matchmaking game.
me, but only if I don't take it seriously.
>>
>>379297240
Where did this meme argument come from that a game stops being bad because you're not tip top pro MLG. I am lucky to get a positive KDR in Qusle Live let alone even place top 3, yet, if the game had an active player base, I'd much rather play it than CSGO.

Again, not an argument
>>
>>379291803
>There are retards who still think there aren't shit loads of cheaters in CSGO
holy fucking shit
>>
>>379300409
All I'm saying is I have never seen a cheater in any of my countless matches. This leads me to believe you people are either plain bad at shooting games or you're playing in another region
>>
>>379296661
>Why just because I am moving does the bullet come out the barrel of my gun diagonally

Because it would break the game if you could quickly round a corner and pull off a headshot quickly, these maps are simple, it's not hard to pick out a target and the player movement is slow, it would result in ridiculously short rounds of players just charging into one another.
>>
>>379300604
You do realize there's hundreds of vac bans given out daily and when they fuck up some major cheat there's literally tens of thousands of bans right? The stats are public, it's not like they're hidden or anything
>>
>>379301209
then why don't I ever play with or against any of them?
>>
>>379301394
You probably have, just haven't noticed them if they aren't being super obvious as fuck
>>
cs has always been a fucking shit game

le spray control meme is so fucking cancer

can someone give me a valid reason why its better that the crosshair doesnt follow hit points? no you cant because it makes no fucking sense and fags will tell you it takes skill, its just shit design
>>
File: YzlF7xr.jpg (62KB, 1133x437px) Image search: [Google]
YzlF7xr.jpg
62KB, 1133x437px
>>379301394
Not him but cheat development had come a long way. They're really hard to detect or even notice when watching. It just looks like natural mouse movements. Visit any cheating forum, there are thousands of them.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi
>>
>>379300604

at one point 5% of the playerbase was confirmed cheating. This only counts the people they could detect. It doesn't sound like a lot but that is 1/20 people which means statistically there is at least 1 cheater every other game. If you take ranks into account, most cheaters tend to gravitate towards the higher ranks for obvious reasons, which would lead to the higher ranks having a cheater in each game and a good chance of having multiple cheaters in one game
>>
>>379301394
because you're stuck in silver
>>
>>379301394
Not even him but you have to be completely fucking oblivious if you think you haven't played with any cheaters.

Especially if you don't have that Prime beta shit enabled.
>>
the game is just too easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDOgSmrjZI
>>
>>379301394
because youre blind
>>
>>379301906

lmao

Why aren't you helping hack blizzard servers anon?
>>
>>379302116
he wasnt even trying to hide it lol
>>
File: 18.png (96KB, 277x256px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
96KB, 277x256px
>Obnoxious, overpriced skins
>Obnoxious fan base
>Cheaters everywhere

The core game is solid, and I can pop in for a few casual matches a day and still enjoy it, but Valve has allowed (and encouraged) a lot of cancer to grow from it.
>>
File: jej.jpg (100KB, 1136x633px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
100KB, 1136x633px
This is just too fucking perfect. It has to be some troll trying to milk some stupid kids for all their parent's credit card is worth.
>>
pretty good though not without its own problems
>>
They fucking ruined deagle, fucking faggots
>>
>>379290735
CSGO has the ABSOLUTE worst community I've ever seen

I know shit communities. I've played Dota casually for a few thousand hours.

But Jesus Christ, CSGO takes it to a whole other level.

Literally my first game. My first game. I had the other 4 people on my team all screaming at me in the mic for getting killed first.
Then half of them quit.

That was true for every game I played during the 20 hours I tried to play.

Everyone has mics and everyone is that angry German kid.
>>
>>379297462

retard
>>
>>379305943
The deagle still kicks ass at what it does, it just doesn't outshine all of the pistols and most of the SMG's anymore. I do kinda miss the old deagle, but it's nice to have more than three weapons worth buying.
>>
>>379306245
git gud
>>
>>379306925
I would have liked to but the other people who are just as bad as me have fucking Chernobyl style meltdowns the second they lose ONE round
>>
Been playing a since 2012. Can't what has happened to the game, used to average 4 hours a day and now I barely get 4 hours a momth. Knew skins would fuck the games playerbase up and make it 1000 times more cancerous. All the new map designs suck shit too.

t. angry old man yelling at cloud.
>>
>>379307046
play casual, get used to the mechanics, turn off vsync, play against bots
>>
>>379306702
>'s nice to have more than three weapons worth buying
I'm angered at what they did to UMP. I can't snipe over half of the map with it now! Horrendous!
>>
>>379291494
Did they get rid of servers? I kinda want to buy it but I haven't played since 1.6. How different is it now?
>>
>>379306702
>I do kinda miss the old deagle
R8 my friend.
>>
>>379299663

the simple reality is you don't know what you're talking about

what rank on mm/faceit/esea were you?
>>
>>379307764
Nah there are still servers, but way less than during 1.6 or css days, especially when it comes to custom maps and stuff like aim/awp deathmatch
>>
>>379308670
that's kinda sad. i rememer stuff like aim/awp deathmatch and some autist named nipper having cool maps
>>
>>379301127
Is that a bad thing for the spectators? The games are a best of thirty two-minute rounds.
>>
CS:GO is an okay shooter overrun with cheaters, russians and BRs.
>>
>>379309586
I am one of these
>>
>>379291494
>cheating problem

Valve thrives on cheaters rebuying their games
>>
File: painkid.png (68KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
painkid.png
68KB, 190x190px
CS:GO sucks because the first shot isn't accurate and the spray patterns you're supposed to memorize have variations of randomness to them. It's ironic, this guy made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds

to try and highlight that the AK47 isn't 100% accurate at ranges, but all it did was highlight that you can get into a gunfight with someone and have randomness determine who wins. Who the fuck wants to play a game like that? Apparently millions of people. You can show this video, or literal PROOF inside the game to a CS:GO fan and they will deny it, or say, "But it only happens a small portion of the time!" like that makes it any better.

A game can't be competitive if there is randomness to it. It's bullshit. Imagine if your punches just missed 33% of the time in Street Fighter? People would blast the games ass open and never play it.
>>
>the game actually has a dedicated mode for cheating

thats how shit the game is
>>
>>379310212
Max Payne 3?
>>
>>379310335

he is refering to the hacks vs hacks servers I think

you can test your cheat out vs other cheaters
>>
>>379308626
DMG MM

But please answer my idea about how if someone is "shit" at 2 games but prefers 1 over the other, how does that make his criticisms invalid. Or are you just going to regurgitate shit you saw upboated on r/CSGO?
>>
>>379310810
no i am referring to the overwatch mode
>>
>>379310041
>A game can't be competitive if there is randomness to it.
Dota 2 is a ridiculously popular competitive game, and even the basic attacks of every hero have a variance to them. The randomness in CSGO serves to give each weapon an effective engagement range. You should have a pretty good idea at which range your shots become unreliable, so you can either take the chance, try to engage closer up, or fuck off and call for your buddy to bring his AWP over. If you're trying to use an AK to outsnipe an AWPer from half the map away then you have only yourself to blame when you get fucked.

Shit, I think they could do with toning it down a bit, at least when you're crouching, but whining that the game can't be competitive because every shot from every gun isn't 100% accurate at every range is absurd.
>>
They need to fix competitive, I am LEM and there should be no excuse as to why there are people who don't take the game seriously still playing up in this rank, people like that should be banned just like hackers because they ruin a game and you can't kick because it's always a group of 2 or 3.

AND IT'S EVERY GAME, the last normal game I had was like 3 weeks ago, and I play 3 games every day. Literally every game you'll either get a hacker, or a griefer, someone with 500+ ping, a global Smurf on the enemy or your team hogging the kills, a person that leaves in the first few rounds to "fix his pc" but never comes back, and more of these types of people.
>>
I think the game is ok, theres a huge learning curve and challenge at the start of the game but thats what makes it fun. I honestly love rushing A and B with the pp bizon.
>>
>>379312671
>or your team hogging the kills
Yeah im sure winning must be SUCH a drag.
>>
>>379312671
>Be SEM
>Face the best players to ever grace CSGO
>Be DMG
>Still haven't faced any players nearly as good as the SEMs.
The smurfing needs to stop, ranks mean absolutely nothing when 25% of SEMs are just globals and cheaters.
>>
File: 1496367262020.png (196KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496367262020.png
196KB, 407x405px
>>379290735
its good

but i find i play the same maps too much so i suck at the rest

also fuck people with obnoxious pictures

i fucked ur mom faggot
>>
File: 1432959946110.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432959946110.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>379313270
>but i find i play the same maps too much so i suck at the rest
Wait how is that the games fault
>>
File: csgo recoil patterns.jpg (305KB, 2560x720px) Image search: [Google]
csgo recoil patterns.jpg
305KB, 2560x720px
>>379290735
recoil patterns are fucking retarded
>>
>>379291494
you're just bad + don't realize that the they WANT people to cheat so they can get banned and buy another copy of the game for their alternate/new account
>>
>>379313539
they're the same, genius
>>
>>379313539
Git gud literally learn how to use your weapon
>>
File: 1496376734761.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496376734761.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
bad game
>>
Whenever I come across a toxic cunt in Rocket League, I check their profile to see what kind of person they are. Every time, they have 1k+ hours in CSGO. Every single time
>>
File: TACO.png (1MB, 1287x875px) Image search: [Google]
TACO.png
1MB, 1287x875px
Asking a bunch of weeb shitters what they think of a competitive game? There is a reason DOTA/CSGO/LOL never get posted here.

This place is for talking about your favorite fake girlfriend and trying to convince people Dark Souls games are hard.
>>
>>379291803
i have like 215 wins in competitive and the number of games where there was a cheater was less than ten games. i also play solo and don't have prime matchmaking. this was in the ranks between nova 1 and 3

some other anon said it the best in another thread a long time ago -- CSGO does not have a major cheating problem. CSGO has a major ego problem where people just cannot accept the fact that there are people better than they are without cheating. it's almost literally a special snowflake thing and some of you ITT are displaying it unknowingly. i find the game to be very fun, but i don't know why people unknowingly tie their egos to it

one more thing -- when i point and shoot my gun, my bullets go there. they hit the mark. the game isn't the problem. it is yourrefusal to adjust to the game like a person would with any game
>>
>>379313171
Of course I like winning, but smurfs are a double edged sword, there have been many occasions where I won a game with a smurf on my team and when I que up for another match, the same Smurf is on the enemy team.

Also, I'm serious about banning people who are obviously not trying, I fucking hate those niggers who think this is casual. Especially the ones who think they are the shit with the deag or awp even though they are bottom fragging.

Let's not get started on the teammates who are always afk because they try to fix their ping. When they fucking wait to leave after round starts so that we don't even get a bot, then randomly joins again to check if their ping is better but it's not and repeats the same shit, he then decides to just spin in a circle so the game doesn't kick him and we can't kick him because of course his friend is qued with him. This shit happens like every 4 games

Or how about that one guy that that seems like he is just there to talk back or not even be part of the team. Like everyone will call out, execute smokes and shit and the guy will be on the other side of the map, then we all die and we are all forced to look at this faggot, watching him show off his $40 knife and failing so hard to clutch. This shit happens a lot.

This is why I hate solo queing or even double queing, I need at least 2 friends to have a serious game

>>379313210
Dude, in LEM, it seems like 20% of all players are just Global smurfs on their way up or silvers (no offense) that are for some reason quad with us and are unranked so the game puts them in my team.
>>
>>379312671
Valve cannot into matchmaking, both their heavy hitters dota and csgo have the absolute worst matchmaking experiences i've ever encountered. They give zero shits about the quality of the gameplay, it's ALL about short queues and the fucking market for them. Played dota 2 since it was available publicly and not ONCE has valve fixed any of the issues that the core players point out, they listen to reddit exclusively. Not that it matters anymore, dota has been dead for 2 years minimum.
>>
>>379314073
I dont get that pic
>>
>>379314448
>think they are the shit with the deag or awp even though they are bottom fragging
It always gratifies me to pick up their awp after they inevitably get killed doing some stupid shit and score more kills with it than they did in the match. If I'm really feeling like a dickbag I won't even trade it back to them for a rifle, just to see if I catch a knife to the back. It's worth sitting out a round just for the delicious salt. and I don't even like to use the AWP
>>
>>379312118
How popular the game is doesn't make it a better competitive game. From a strictly competitive standpoint, the only games that are good as competitive games are ones that don't have factors like luck or randomness.

Imagine if your punches just didn't hit 33% of the time in Street Fighter.
>>
File: probant.png (10KB, 517x418px) Image search: [Google]
probant.png
10KB, 517x418px
>>379314836

Some dumb faggot tried to argue that Zowie mice aren't good and only reason pros use them is because "muh sponsor" so that is a pic of a pro using it in his own house.
>>
>>379315095
imagine a $2700 gun in counter-strike not being as good as a $4750 gun
mindblowing ain't it
>>
>>379315095
I was hoping the comparison to Dota would get another point across: They're completely different genres, and different standards apply. A basic punch in street figher missing a third of the time isn't comparable to an FPS with different weapons with different inaccuracies at different ranges. Tired of your AK missing targets at ridiculously long ranges? Pay up 300 more shekels and get the more accurate gun.
>>
>>379315087
Yea me too
>guy thinks he is the shit with the awp
>only gets like 1 kill a round if he is lucky
>always stays back and always blames us for him dying
>take his awp,get 3 kills because I actually know how to awp and I push
>he asks for his awp back because he said he is the best awper.
>I say fuck off
>>
reminder that it isn't hard to adjust to the game instead of complaining about the mechanics. you are the problem
>>
RIP aimtux
>>
if you don't use these in comp, then you are a massive pleb
>pp-bizon
>nova
>XM1014
>specifically akihabara accept AUG
>>
>>379315964
>XM1014
That shit is fucking surprisingly versatile when it comes to shotguns, I had a dude rage out about me using a "noob gun" to kill him, buy one himself, and chase me around for a good 5-6 rounds before finally getting a kill on me.
>see told u it's easy fucking faggot
>>
>>379315964
>nova
Man of taste.
>>
>>379315964
the xm legit has no range fall off its basically a sniper
>>
>>379312118
>If you're trying to use an AK to outsnipe an AWPer from half the map away then you have only yourself to blame when you get fucked.

But what if you don't, and randomly get the kill? not to mention the randomness of these shots play a role on fairly short ranges.
Plenty of games have damage drop off at range, why csgo doesn't I have no idea.
>>
File: 1488780413579.jpg (12KB, 266x209px) Image search: [Google]
1488780413579.jpg
12KB, 266x209px
64 tick is making it worse game than it really needs to be. One of the biggest problem areas it causes is the whole tagging system, as it becomes delayed and stuttery compared to 128 tick.

Playing FaceIt or ESEA is better, but you shouldn't need to do this and they aren't as populated as the official matchmaking.
>>379301127
>Because it would break the game if you could quickly round a corner and pull off a headshot quickly
You can do this though. Because movement speed isn't directly attributed to inaccuracy and even assault rifles have a threshold to movement speed before they start becoming inaccurate, preaiming and popping around a corner to fire is a very effective strategy.
>>379296661
First shot inaccuracy was increased for CS:GO as a means to encourage more varied gameplay where gaining distance using smokes and flashbangs became more important instead of just competing on who can aim the best at distance. I'm not sure if I like this design choice, but in the end utilizing smoke, flash and other nades is more prominent in CS:GO than the previous games.
>>
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that doesn't use SG553 over AK

Disgusting. Shame about the AUG though, it's objectively garbage no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>379318953
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that buy more expensive guns instead of nades
>>
>>379306702
If deagle accuracy would get improved the five-seven would still be a very reliable weapon.

I wish they would do something about the tec9 though, it's way too good in close quarters even for a pistol and absolutely miserable at moderate range.
Right now buying a deagle or tec are one of the biggest dicerolls in the entire game. Shotguns have less RNG than these pistols.
>>
File: csgo.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
csgo.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
csgofags will defend this
>>
>>379319295

why doesn't the slide lock back?
>>
>>379317598
In that case you had to out-aim him, fire before he did, AND have the bullet hit home. You took a chance that was heavily in his favor and came out on top, gg. The point is that it's extremely risky to do so and you can't consistently use an AK to outsnipe someone with an actual sniper rifle.
>>
>>379319295
what is wrong with it
>>
The game is at it's lowest point. Valve don't care about balance. Valve don't care about fixing bugs that have been in the game for years. The only updates are purely cosmetic. Even pros think the game is a joke nowadays.

Personally I hope Valve abandons the game so the community can finally fix it.
>>
>>379318728
>I'm not sure if I like this design choice, but in the end utilizing smoke, flash and other nades is more prominent in CS:GO than the previous games.
Good grenade usage was still pretty crucial in higher tier css gameplay though, the biggest difference not even being the lack of incendiaries/molotovs but that smokes sucked dick.
>>
>>379291494
>If you're playing it seriously
>queuing with 4 friends
something doesn't add up here
>>
>>379319543
It's not as hard as you think just to do it if you roughly know where they are.

It just shouldn't be as hard as it is because most of the difficulty comes from the AR RNG. They have a scoped weapon on you that kills you with one bullet, you have no scope and have to land 4 normal shots on them to kill them. That's a good matchup considering the $2050 price difference between the weapons.
What's not good though is how likely you are to fail at it regardless of your aim and precision and, conversely, how likely you are to still land the shot even if you aim kinda roughly.
>>
>>379319543
>You took a chance that was heavily in his favor and came out on top, gg.

This is all player driven or at least it should be, even if ak's didn't have random cones of fire you would still be at a disadvantage against an AWP so if you did nail everything, round the corner, aim dead on their head and fire before they did the game may still flip a coin and say no, that's introducing complete randomness into a scenario where you are already taking a risk within the design of the game.
Remove the cone of fire and put damage drop off in if you really want to hammer home the dis incentive of going for long range shots with the ak however if you still go for that shot, whether you get the kill or not will be entirely driven by the players and not stapled on randomness.
>>
>>379319936
In CSS landing the shots is significantly easier than in either 1.6 or GO because the hitboxes are significantly larger. For people with decent aim, the AK and deagle became too good for their headshot kill potential combined with their ease to use.

Nades always mattered, but they made a bigger difference in GO because you couldn't just rely on being able to step out and shoot the enemy in the head.
>>
>>379320519
>In CSS landing the shots is significantly easier than in either 1.6 or GO
I've heard this a lot but I can't hit jack all fuck in css while being pretty okay at go
>>
>>379301743
>being this mad about not being able to control spray even though all you have to do is pull down and shake left and right until bodies hit the floor
unless you played 1.5 and the versions before, the game always discouraged spraying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snx00Rwb6_Q
>>
>>379320230
>Remove the cone of fire and put damage drop off in if you really want to hammer home the dis incentive of going for long range shots with the ak however if you still go for that shot, whether you get the kill or not will be entirely driven by the players and not stapled on randomness.
This. Competitive games such as counterstrike having predictable advantage-disadvantage balance like with damage dropoff is definitely preferred to unpredictable disadvantage like random spread.

Cracking shots at extreme ranges using the rifles is still viable strategy due to the high damage range they offer, but ducking to avoid RNG or staying up so you can keep strafing are about equally viable ways of attacking from a position like that and make for a very meaningless choice since what ultimately happens is more up to the game's coinflip than what you and your enemy do.
>>
>>379319939
they need their little buttbuddies instead of being gud and playing solo
>>
File: Yn6L7Pg.png (738KB, 1122x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Yn6L7Pg.png
738KB, 1122x1130px
>>379320805
Try increasing sensitivity. CSS is very run & gun-y compared to the rest. You don't need that microaccuracy you would in other games.
Meanwhile spatial awareness and the need for skills in run and gun become pronounced.
>>
>>379290735
It's fucking terrible and you shouldn't support valve period. But hey! We all know you faggots will anyways so posting this gem as a reminder of what you faggots have done to PC Gaming as a whole.

https://youtu.be/L1QE6ogmSkw
>>
more fun to watch than it is to play
>>
Garbage game, only fun to grief or throw
>>
>>379321593
those GO hitboxes are outdated though my man
>>
>>379322653
sure, but that's besides the point, the current GO hitboxes are not bigger than the old ones.
>>
terrible game

t.3000 hours
>>
>>379290735
>Love the fuck out of CS
>600 hours
>Hate solo Qing
>Friends would rather play League

I play it in bursts when I can get over the anxiety of solo queuing.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.