[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone still play this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 461.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
461.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hows it doing? I left because of the lag and hackers at the time but I still get nostalgic over it every few years and want to start playing again.
is it worth paying it today?
>>
>>379287261
Dead as shit and going more and more p2w.
>>
>giving money to theybreakgames juices
>>
>>379287984
>gibing bucks to werl the banana turd man
>>
File: 1494210735475s.jpg (2KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1494210735475s.jpg
2KB, 125x119px
>>379287261
I still play semi-regularly since I'm in a high scoring outfit, but the game really has taken a turn for the worse because of Wrel becoming a dev and construction. Don't come back. You won't like it.
>>
>>379288694
What outfit
>>
>>379288910
The #1 outfit in the game
>>
>>379289115
Diglet?
ELME?
>>
>>379288694
wrel became a dev? what did he change?
>>
>>379289248
http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/outfit/N

>>379289297
He removed thermals from vehicles, fucked over infantry gun ranges, gave light assaults a free weapon that lets them ruin fights, introduced p2w implants, weeb weapons that are either super useful (masamune) or garbage (yumi), while he whiteknights on reddit and ignores all constructive criticism given to him.
>>
>>379289809
fuck, he uses to be entertaining too. guess i'll just write off PS2
>>
>>379289809
>masamune
>yumi
Did he actually add weapons with those out of place names? Why? What else have they ruined since the construction update?
>>
>>379291419
They're pushing an update that 'revamps vehicle combat'. The prowler has a twice as long reload now, the halberd no longer one shots infantry, the dalton will not one shot ESFs anymore making it useless. Meanwhile infantry AV is going to get stronger.
>>
>>379291819
from when I played vehicle where objectively better then infantry and dominated them in zergs across the continents. is the revamp not a good thing?
>>
>>379292064
You must have played a very long time ago. Vehicles, particularly tanks, have become super weak as it is. Any tank that runs HE will get slaughtered by a single AP tank. Thermals being gone makes target acquisition harder. Most everybody has two bricks of C4 and will kill you fairly easily.

Making them worse is not the answer.
>>
>>379292452
stooped playing when woodman shut down.
>>
>>379289809
Godfucking damn it this is why we keep these MEME YOUTUBERS OUT OF MAKING GAMES. FUCK IM MAD
>>
File: 1486506136664.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1486506136664.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>379289809
imo the lattice system and continent locks were the end of the game. forcing us to play systematically in an MMO.
game was god tier before that, yeah it had ghost capping and there was always a 2v1 clusterfuck on the map but it was fun as fuck

>mfw guild recruit me for piloting a galaxy full of max for a drop over an amp station
>>
File: 1476466613598.png (44KB, 741x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476466613598.png
44KB, 741x527px
>>379289809
>He removed thermals from vehicles, fucked over infantry gun ranges, gave light assaults a free weapon that lets them ruin fights, introduced p2w implants, weeb weapons that are either super useful (masamune) or garbage (yumi), while he whiteknights on reddit and ignores all constructive criticism given to him.

I think I need to laydown for a second. Powerhungry youtubers are some of the most hilarious people on earth.
>>
>>379291819
... well, on the one hand, there's no reason the Dalton should have ever been able to one-shot an ESF...

On the other... well, the game was fucked from launch, and only been screwed at best sideways, more often made worse.
>>
>>379288694
>22 players
a paltry sum desu.
>>
>>379292452
>Tank runs anti-infantry gun
>Loses to tank running anti-tank gun
>This is somehow a bad thing.
>>
>>379292712
Problem is, and always has been, that there're too many bases, and too few of them are interesting to fight in.

They brought in the lattice system, but nothing of what made it work in the original planet side.

Like towers giving the offense a harder to retake spawn point near a major facility.

Nanites running out in a prolonged seige, giving the offense a win-condition, and forcing the defense to take and hold the base exterior.

Fewer major facilities that provided a more tangible benefit to the war effort...

And... you know, more maps that made for a shifting front line, and wasn't a permanent three way free for all clusterfuck.
Was actually extremely rare for more than two sides to face each other at a time in the original Planetside.

Of course, the game was fucked from the get go, with the free-to-play game design decisions.
>>
>>379293783
You misunderstand the point I'm trying to make.

Choosing to make your tank HE (which is what people complain about) leaves you incredibly defenseless to another tank. This means that HE isn't ran nearly as often as AP. People will just opt to use their AP guns to farm infantry via direct hits.

HE hasn't been that great since 2013. It's mediocre at best.
>>
#buzzwasright
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.