[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

>only done the placement matches in season 2, got low gold, never played competitive after that
>do placements in season 5, win 8, 2 draws
>again, low gold
>get constantly shit on by people who play like complete garbage and only done their placement matches each season as evidenced by extremely low playtime
>one of them has literally only 8 hours on Roadhog, nothing else for the past 3 seasons combined

Cool ranking system guys. I'm convinced everyone who uses "just work your way up!" is one of those guys too who played like 10 hours per season while the "goldshitter" has to spend literally hundreds of hours to rank up.
>>
>Blog post
>Is a shitter
>Shrek
>Overwatch

Fuck you faggot
>>
>>379284546
I collected hundreds of profiles from players who spend less than 2 hours in the last 2 seasons and still have a rating above 3k.

If you fucked up in season 2 it's over, enjoy having to win at least 50 games in a row to reach 3k which is still considered shit by retarded elitists.
>>
>>379284780
Since when does it carry over from previous seasons?
>>
I used to played casually with no sound and I hit top 1000

nowadays I don't even play the game
>>
>>379285140
Always has.
>>
>>379285663
Got any source on that? Why need placement matches then?
>>
>>379284215
stop playing redit games
>>
I've played season 5 for about 4 hours and I've climbed 300 SR so far.
>>
>>379284215
How can you get shit on in comp by people who only does placement and never plays comp after that?

You don't meet people during comp who are currently doing placements.
>>
>>379286448
You do if you're lower than platinum.
>>
>>379286448
Quickplay.
>>
>>379286227
So it took you 4 hours to have a plus of ~15 wins.
>>
The matchmaking system forces 50% because in the words of Jeff Kaplan "winning is fun". People that aren't having fun aren't going to come back to the game and buy lootboxes. The system rewards playtime more than player individual skill. This is why you see mercy mains in masters with hundreds of hours on the character. They added in special cases for smurfs to quickly move them up in the ranks so they don't ruin the game for the braindead idiots in lower ranks.
>>
>>379285969
You mean reddit games?
>>
>>379286802
I've never met any and even if they shit on you so what. Just mute them.

>>379286937
You get a winning streak bonus if you win several games in a row.
>>
>>379287215
They still drag the team down.
>>
>>379287438
They do, but assuming you're not a toxic player the probability of having toxic shitters in your team is in your favour.
>>
>>379285913
>>379285140
Old video, but I think he's referring to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXFj4-79kQU

I haven't tried OW ranked in a long time, but it does seem nearly impossible for them to make a system that grades you more on personal performance and less on pure wins and loses.

Also the old streak system of losing or gaining extra ELO based on consecutive loses or wins was a terrible system.
>>
OP, stop playing shit games, that'll help
>>
>>379284215
>do placement matches
>win 8/2
>1 of those losses 2 players left on anubis and we nearly won anyway
>get placed in silver
I can't be fucked with this game
play comp I get 3-6 wins in a row, lose 1 and my SR goes back down to before I won.
It's bullshit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.