[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Devoloper practises that make no fucking sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: no, bro, not this time..gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
no, bro, not this time..gif
3MB, 264x240px
>Game let's you capture and use monsters to fight
>Can build a party of your own
>Game's story keeps throwing special/unique monsters at you that are stronger than the regular ones.

>All characters in your party can be all classes
>but stat growth is different with each character
>Therefore, each character will only be useful with certain jobs, regardless of how much you train them

>Play a game for the first time time after lunch
>Free DLC gets added
>ITems/equipment with great stats right at the beggining of the game

>Open-leveled games
>all objectives are already shown on your map/compass right at the start of it
>>
>cooking system with lots of unique recipes that require you to use specific combinations of ingredients
>but it's purely cosmetic
>all ingredients have a fixed cooked value and the dish is always just those values added together
>>
>>379279373
>>All characters in your party can be all classes
>>but stat growth is different with each character
>>Therefore, each character will only be useful with certain jobs, regardless of how much you train them

What games do this?
>>
>>379279573
BotW?
I actually liked that. Found it very useful to just cook some things here and there without having to remember all the recipees. But I agree they could've added some dishes that were unique to specific combinations with new effects

>>379279803
Bravely Default games
>>
>>379279892
the only recipe you need to remember for the entire game is 1 durian
>>
>game has fun
>fun lasts for a good while
>devs put fun behind grind
wtf devs
>>
>>379279803
Dragon Quest 6.
>>
>>379279892
Wtf, no character is not useful in any class in Bravely Default. Sure there are stat differences but they don't matter at all.
>>
>>379280969
>that doesn't matter at all
Try to beat the game in ahrd with Edea as ninja. even best geared, max lvl on both job and character she won't make more than 2k damage on attacks, while Ringabel as dark knight or even Tiz as swordmaster will deal that amount much sooner and without late-game gear.
>>
>>379279803
FF12
>>
>>379279803
I love how FFV did it but it barely mattered at all
The two guys have better physical stats than the two girls but the difference is so puny you can still do whatever the fuck you want with them
Galuf best blue mage
>>
>>379282963
It's literally 1 point. It doesn't even scale.
>>
>>379284767
It's even more insignificant than I remembered then
I wonder why they even bothered
>>
File: 1494679029972.jpg (56KB, 512x642px) Image search: [Google]
1494679029972.jpg
56KB, 512x642px
>>379279373
>RPG has rock-paper-scissors style weakness system
>Every major boss is not part of the system
What is the fucking point then
>>
>>379279803
Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates

Also, some characters are either redundant or completely useless shit.
>>
>>379284996
So that the characters aren't clones, but you still get to do whatever.
>>
>ailments and stayers are basically a death sentence when they hit you
>completely fucking worthless when you use them against the enemy
>>
>>379279373
>>379279803
In my experience most games that do this have an awesome ability or something in a class that you may not necessarily want to spend a lot of time in but is useful to spend *some* time in
>>
File: bettlewhat.jpg (70KB, 520x718px) Image search: [Google]
bettlewhat.jpg
70KB, 520x718px
>>379285298
>RPG game has status effect
>all bosses are inmune to them
>>
>game lets you upgrade your gear
>only gear ever worth upgrading is the endgame gear
>>
File: 1493144827507.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1493144827507.png
75KB, 325x244px
>2017
>still ties physics to framerate
>>
>game has tons of different abilities and spells to use
>just using normal attacks is more effective than ever using most of them
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.