[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is daggerfall worth a try ? since bethesda put it for free?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: latest.jpg (47KB, 641x399px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
47KB, 641x399px
is daggerfall worth a try ?

since bethesda put it for free?
>>
>>379279349
i think yeah

you can also buy a house and a boat
>>
>>379279349
it's free,why not ?

but the only problem that daggerfall has is the combat system,you must be lucky in order to hit something
>>
>>379279524
>>379279665
Todd please go
>>
>>379279878
todd didn't even direct daggerfall
>>
File: Tod Howard.jpg (854KB, 1495x2118px) Image search: [Google]
Tod Howard.jpg
854KB, 1495x2118px
>>379280046
Doesn't mean he won't shill it or any other Bethesda game given the chance.
>>
>>379280285
mate it's for free. They literally get no money
>>
>>379280350
>implying it's not a bitcoin mine
>>
>>379279349
>>379279524
>>379279665
>>379279878
>>379280046
>one IP in thread made all these posts

>>379280285
Dude, that is clearly Associate Produce Tod Howard. He has no relation whatsoever to double-D and he was forced to leave the company because it was becoming too confusing for people.
>>
>>379279349
No

it's a piece of shit that only hipsters like because "look at me im so oldschool XD I play shit old games that don't work im a special snowflake XD"

and that's the only reason they say it's good, because they think that by saying it they're le true hardcore gamers, not because the game is actually any good.

And I love Wizardry 8 before you call me underage
>>
>>379280638
but you can buy a house/boat,that got my attention
>>
File: 180px-DF-Dibella_In_Person[1].png (14KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
180px-DF-Dibella_In_Person[1].png
14KB, 180x135px
>>379279665
>you must be lucky in order to hit something
you might be confusing daggerfall with morrowind

>>379279349
it's actually a really fun game if you can get past the dated graphics. me, I use nostalgia goggles

you will find that once upon a time, western devs didn't shy away from nudity
>>
>>379280638
You are retarded. Now lets move to the point at hand.

Is it worth? Well, maybe if you get comfy with the controls, i think that´s the main problem of the game.
Apart from that, you´ll be fine since it´s a very, and i mean VERY, deep game, with a lot of content and ways to engage diferent situations.
I wish they released the unity daggerfall mod, just to enjoy it one more time and finally end the main campaign.
>>
>>379280953
are there any mods for daggerfall ?
>>
>>379279349
It's really hard to say because the controls and interface have aged really poorly, a lot of people get confused by them and are unable to adapt to such an archaic system. If you can get past that though, then what you will be able to take from Daggerfall is the pure Elder Scrolls experience: telling the main quest to fuck off while you dick about doing whatever the hell you want.
>>
File: Sheogorath's Weapons.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sheogorath's Weapons.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>379280638
But it's actually good.

>>379280790
A boat is great, it makes fast travel across the water fast and free. It is also a house which you can teleport back and forth from instantly unless you're in a dungeon. Even if you're 1000 miles away from the sea, a boat is still just a house in your pocket.
Because of this, a house is useless except as flavor, as Daggerfall homes are really just boats that stay in one town, don't help you fast travel, and don't let you teleport to it unless you waste your recall anchor by keeping it there instead of somewhere actually useful.

>>379280879
>you might be confusing daggerfall with morrowind
They both use a to-hit system based mostly on weapon skill and depending on who you're fighting the hit chance can potentially go very very low. But as long as you're not retarded in neither game will missing ever be a problem.

>>379280953
>>379281365
>controls
They're really not all that different from modern games. The only inconveniences compared to any first-person game to day is:
1. You can't move diagonally.
2. You need to use separate keys for vertical motion when swimming/levitating.
3. You can't move the camera while swinging your weapon.
Those three minor complaints aside, moving around and interacting with the world is pretty much the same as what you're used to, unless you set the control scheme to the awful Ultima Underworld/Arena style where you have to use the cursor to move and turn.

>>379281204
DaggerfallSetup has everything you need: http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
It's mostly self explanatory, just beware that despite what it says, dagskills is not a "fix" but merely a mod that increases the skill and attribute caps to 200. If you want it, great. If not, just uncheck it when you run the setup to install with the vanilla stat limits.
>>
Daggerfall for free?

Sounds like it's time for some VENGEANCE
>>
>>379282526
there you go buddy https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/daggerfall/
>>
>>379280285
Well, everything Todd said in the bracketed part is actually true, so I'm not seeing the problem.
>>
god no, it was a garbage game where the whole world aside for about 4 maps were all made by RNG.
it was todd's version of No Man's Sky, but TES got away with it.
>>
File: todd-howard.png (982KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
todd-howard.png
982KB, 1400x788px
>“Skyrim is our most award-winning and popular one by a large margin. It's the one most people ask us about. We love all our children though,” he says, laughing. “When someone says, ‘I prefer Morrowind’ or ‘I prefer Oblivion’ or Arena or Daggerfall or whatever, that never bothers me. We made each game to stand on its own. They each have their own tone. They do each have their own legacy.”
There you have it. There is literally nothing wrong with liking Daggerfall and anyone suggesting otherwise is going against the words of Todd Howard himself.
>>
>>379279349
YES
But get the Daggerfall Unity mod to make it much more bearable to play.
>>
Serious talk now, are there any gameplay or draw distance mods? Or even graphics mods?
>>
>>379282635
>using the bethesda one
>that includes having to download dos box etc.

just use the simpler one here

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
>>
File: Daggerfall fast travel.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Daggerfall fast travel.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379283409
Eye of Argonia can increase the maximum view distance by roughly a third. Anything further than that will require a new engine like Daggerfall Unity or DaggerXL. There are graphics mods in the form of texture swaps, like the mod that makes the canon Dark Elf NPCs (Barenziah, Helseth, Morgiah) actually look like Dark Elves. But if you're talking about really big graphics mods like Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim have then you're out of luck. Maybe when Daggerfall Unity is finished.
>>
>>379284867
Holy shit
>>
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files

This already contains the patches.
>>
>>379285889
also unofficial fixes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.