[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg (40KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg
40KB, 256x330px
What went wrong?
>>
>>379273518
Other than shitty combat and the cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved it was okay.
>>
nothing
>>
>>379273518
Muh edge
>>
Music licenses ran out. They can't sell it anymore.
>>
>>379273518

it went from an open world thing to a linear thing. but didn't have competent gameplay (or wirting) to make that work
>>
>>379273518
wouldn't have been bad if it would've taken Stephen Kings dick out of its mouth. Don't know why people praise that hack so much.
>>
>>379273518
They didn't make a good sequel, the original was good in the game play department and phenomenal story wise and atmospherically. They really need to make more games like this.
>>
>>379273671
Die in a fire. Cliffhangers can work done right and it was one of those. Not every ending needs to spoonfeed everything.

What went wrong was console exclusive for at least a year and releasing on the same day as Red Dead Redemption. Nothing would top RDR on release imo and horror is a niche.
>>
File: japanese lucifer b.jpg (43KB, 414x408px) Image search: [Google]
japanese lucifer b.jpg
43KB, 414x408px
>>379274083
>the original was good in the game play department and phenomenal story wise
>>
no game with horrible gameplay can be redeemed. unintuitive, boring and difficult gameplay, yes. horrible, no
>>
>>379274220
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>379273518
Not much. It was a fun ride.

I'm glad there's no sequel; it's good as it is.
>ignored dlc meant for 12yo.
>>
Needed either more gameplay variety, or more visual variety in the enemies. Having really simple mechanics works well in something like Silent Hill, where at least you have a lot of weird and interesting visuals. When you've got like 3 enemy types, it doesn't really cut it.
>>
you spend 75% of the game aiming your flashlight on the same three dudes with axes
>>
>>379274108
Woah there, faggot. The game was clearly meant to have a sequel, it just didn't sell for shit so it never got greenlit by Microsoft.
>>
>>379274373
>gameplay
>chinese re4 knockoff with 3 guns, 4 enemy types and the inability to die unless you forget which button drops flares

>story
>"HEY YOU KNOW WHAT'S BETTER THAN BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF STEPHEN KING"
>"I dunno, what?"
>"BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF STEPHEN KING AND POINTING OUT WE'RE RIPPING OFF STEPHEN KING"
>>
>>379274802
Gameplay was fine for a story driven game. I don't see much King in the game, it's a little Misery-esque but they pull much more from David Lynch than anyone else.
>>
>>379273518
It was p. good my lad.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.