[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the power.....of the NEC PC-FX.....sugoi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 144987532.webm (3MB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
144987532.webm
3MB, 600x448px
This is the power.....of the NEC PC-FX.....sugoi
>>
File: 1995_01_PCFX.jpg (1MB, 2600x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1995_01_PCFX.jpg
1MB, 2600x1567px
What did go wrong?
>>
>>379271686
/vr/'s a good thread for this
>>
>>379272101
compaq showed up in japan the following year with windows 95 and a much lower price point on computers.
seriously, it was compaq that actually drove japanese computers gaming and business out of the market.
>>
>>379272101
No 3D
>>
>>379272936
>PC-FX
>computer
>>
>>379272101
LITERALLY can't do 3D even though it was released at the start of 1998, had a built in Motion JPEG decoder that could do 30 images a second, and VN's were very popular on it because of this, and it's lack of 3D support.

Why do you think it went so wrong, and why it had such a specific niche audience of basement dwelling Japanese hikimoris? Not the ones from today that go in public in Akihabara, but the one's from the late 90's with limited internet access that would probably e-mail Anno death threats because their favourite anime had a shitty ending
>>
>>379271686
What fucking game?
>>
>>379272936
Don't forget the part where Microsoft asked the US government to pull WW2 on Japan if they refused to stop producing OS software.

>When the Japanese government announced it would install BTRON PC in Japanese schools, the U.S. government objected. It called the Japanese initiative "actual and potential market intervention" and threatened the move with sanctions. The Japanese, dependent on the U.S. export market, quickly dropped the plan. The U.S. government later withdrew its threat, but the damage had already been done. Nearly all Japanese companies involved in TRON-related activities had canceled their projects.
>>
>>379272954
This PC-FX was a great 2D console which uses CD unfortunately games was starting to move to 3D in 1994. Nintendo and Sony anticipated this and made their consoles marketed at making 3D games. While the PC-FX has great 2D capability with CD quality sounds complete with voices, the Playstation was superior.
>>
>>379273735
Its not a PC you fucking idiots
>>
>>379273735
Fucking Microjews.
>>
>>379274334
Microsoft is the biggest cancer that killed videogames,i don't know how can people deny that.
>>
>>379273701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXvc_XUqfDQ
VAJURA ON VAJURA ON
Man I miss that anime.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.