[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a flaw: you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (46KB, 694x593px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
46KB, 694x593px
Name a flaw:

you can't
>>
I cannot get spooked by video games anymore
>>
Penumbra was better.
>>
>>379264605
2spooky2get past the beginning
>>
>>379264605

you can't shoot
>>
I got honestly bored while I was searching for the alchemical shit to make the red blob go away and didn't play again.

Number of times I was scared up to that point: Zero.
>>
>>379264605

This game was so good
>>
It wasn't fun
>>
>>379266008
>horror games
>fun
name one
>>
>>379265158
The only correct answer
>>
The fear/sanity mechanic. You have a limited supply of matches and the monster can spot you more easily in light, so obviously the smart thing to do would be to avoid lighting any candles or using the lantern unless I really have to. But I can't do that, because the character gets scared in the dark - the game is essentially telling the player "now you're supposed to be scared".

Making the monster averse to light would've been a much, much more effective way to force the players to use matches and oil.
>>
>>379265158
>>379265949
you cant tell me you dont get scared by playing this game the first time and alone in a dark room. thats just lie. playing with friends or at daytime i didnt get scared as well. but damn...alone and in the dark...shit was scary as fuck.

>>379265278
the first game had really shitty gameplay but the story was ok. the second game: hell fucking yes. nice gameplay,nice story and nice end.
>>
The last few hours had no new scares and the puzzles became drawn out
>>
Once the gimmick of how the game scared you wore off, it wasn't very fun anymore. Puzzles were pretty easy too.
>>
File: 1464097712216.jpg (28KB, 264x244px) Image search: [Google]
1464097712216.jpg
28KB, 264x244px
>>379266654
the flaw is that it desensitized me to scary games
>>
>>379266121
silent hill 1-3 are just as solid when you aren't scared of them as the first time when you are fighting the urge to turn the lights on for the entire playthrough.
amnesia is a walking simulator after the first playthrough.
indeed, silent hill games find ways to creep you out long after you think you are done with them, when you start looking at cut content/camera hacks/finding stuff you didn't know was there the first time.

like the black figure behind the grating in the apartments of SH2. made my fucking skin crawl when i found out about it. never even saw it, but it was there, looking back.
>>
Game gives you a ton of tinderboxes, even though lighting things makes it easier for monsters to spot you, and unlike the lantern, you can't light these things off.

Monsters are too predictable, most of the times, the game tricks you into thinking they're always roaming, when they typically spawn only when you make some progress or solve a puzzle.

They're also predictable because of the music changes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.