[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Prey for Death' mod thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1-0-1496352611[1].png (797KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1-0-1496352611[1].png
797KB, 1280x720px
http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/1/

Caught this on the steam forum. A lot of the cut features remain in the game and some cool dude unlocked them with a mod, along with some tweaks.

>Survival Traumas that need special items to treat.
>Limited fabrication licenses you have to loot.
>No more more glittering pickups or effects when enemies spot you.

Just started playing it myself and it already feels a lot more indepth.
>>
File: 20170606025156_1.jpg (530KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170606025156_1.jpg
530KB, 2560x1080px
>>
>>379262393
Reminds me of when Dishonored 1 got released. I managed to implement a feature where you could knock out enemies by falling on their heads from high enough, all through .ini tweaking.

There was a unique call when you fall on an enemy from far enough, but all it did was stagger dudes, I searched around to find an effect to knock them out and just applied it to the fall-on call.
>>
>>379262557
It's a shame so many games aren't more open to mods. Prey would be perfect with a few tweaks here and there but it sounds like the guy making this thing is limited to existing assets and stat numbers.
>>
>>379262393
but does it make the game any less shit at all?
>>
I told you fucking retards content was cut but you're like no no b-based arkane does no wrong
>>
>>379262393
The mod which lets you disable the disgusting HUD clutter is a godsent.
>>
>>379263128
Mimics are pretty challenging to fight now and the notes say that you won't get the detection chip until much later, so they remain a threat.

>>379263130
>b-based arkane does no wrong
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda made them do the cuts.
>>
File: 1165445.jpg (115KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1165445.jpg
115KB, 680x680px
>>379262393
>>
>>379263857
Explain.
>>
>>379263673
they already told us that they had the trauma system and weapons repair ingame but removed it because it was too challenging for players.

I'm hoping they'll add a survival mode in a patch
>>
>>379265554
Yeah, it would have been great if they could have made it an official difficulty mode.
>>
>>379263130
Content is cut all the time from all games. Of course Arkane isn't perfect, especially with Bethesda behind them, but they game is still great.
>>
>having to install dozens of mods for a game to make it playable
>paid 60$ for it
>fell for Bethesda marketing gimmicks
>can't wait for Far Cry 5 to come out

Sad...
>>
>>379265554

Trauma system sounds cool but seems like it would too time-consuming, much like MGS3's thing. The weapon repair makes sense given that there's tons of wrenchs/guns/gloo around and would encourage players to explore more.
>>
>>379265951
>Implying
The vanilla game is perfectly playable. The mods, which are just dropped into the precache folder, only unlock some old features and add some tweaks.

Don't know what you mean by 'Bethesda marketing gimmicks' but I suspect you don't know yourself.
>>
>>379262393
They will probably release it at a later date as paid dlc...
>>
Thanks OP, just got to crew quarters and I'm bored to fucking tears, this sounds exactly like what the game needs.

So far Prey has been so close to being more than just an ok filler game that won't be remembered in a couple years, but they chose to not give any real difficulty options available and it suffers for it (I think a lack of difficulty options is a problem in the industry, and when it dies get used is some utterly brain dead bullet sponge mode). Kinda takes any edge off any tension which is dumb for the action-horror-survival-esque vibe they were going for. I understand that shit gets cut all the time; that doesn't make it immune from criticism or something, though.
>>
is this a good game?
>>
>>379267464
Yes. Did you like System Shock, Bioshock or Dishonored? You will probably like this then.
>>
>>379267780
don't compare modern game with good old games. also dishonored is shit
>>
>>379268475
This along with Dishonored 1 and 2 is the best we've got in years. If you're too stupid to appreciate it, that's your problem.
>>
>>379268942
shit eater
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.