[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LoL or DOTA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: DvaGenji.jpg (106KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DvaGenji.jpg
106KB, 810x1080px
So after the Contranarian thread earlier I got to thinking it's been a while since I last attempted DOTA2, and I've been playing enough Heroes of the Storm to know how MOBA's generally work, but I'm not sure which one to check out, League, or DOTA. So without any memes, I want to know what are the Pros and Cons of these two games? Should I REALLY worry about MOBA Player Toxicity? Is it that big of a deal to remember shops and shit?
>>
>>379255370
The only pro of lol is that its easier. To me personaly, that is not even a pro.
Go play Dota.
>>
>>379255370
assfaggots are shit. play fighting games
>>
>>379255370
Playing LoL will feel really fun for a thousand hours. Then you will shake your head, sigh and realise "these games all feel the fucking same, and me experimenting with characters, builds and lanes is super discouraged!"

Playing Dota will feel like utter trash for 100 hours, then you'll start considering it one of the best games ever made.

In other words, start with LoL. Don't "work your way up" to Dota unless you feel the shallowness.
When you make the switch, if you do, you'll have 100+ unlocked heroes from the start waiting for you on Valve's servers.

But remember: starting out in LoL is FUN then it becomes SHIT.
Starting out in Dota is SHIT then it becomes FUN.
>>
>>379255725
Sounds good, I'll try DOTA first, then League later on. Thanks!
>>
>>379255768
Oh changed my mind, that sounds even better.
>>
>>379255370
you always have to work together so toxicity is guaranteed. Better you play with friends who are as good or better than you. You'll have better times than playing alone.

LOL is simple while DOTA is a bit more complex. So if you are up for a bit of a learning curve play DOTA. If you want an easier game to learn play LOL.
>>
Heroes of the Storm = Beginner
LoL = Intermediate
Dota = Expert
>>
>>379256359
DOTA = Special Olympics
>>
>>379256451
Too many peruvians in US servers
>>
>>379255768
You forgot the third step of dota
>starts SHIT
>becomes FUN
>you become DEAD INSIDE after a couple thousand hours
>>
>>379255370
Is there a name for a girl intidimating a guy like that? I find that hot.
>>
File: 1496152581546.jpg (50KB, 858x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496152581546.jpg
50KB, 858x1024px
Heroes of the Storm is better if you just want something quick, easy and relatively fun.

LoL is super shallow compared to Dota, has a shitload of heroes and a cancerous meta and player mentality. Not to mention a shitty art style.

Dota is a lot harder than the former two, also has a shitload of heroes (all free) and better cosmetics if that's your thing. Honestly, though, being able to mix and match set pieces instead of buying single skins is pretty good.

One big problem with these games is the fact that you will have to deal with shit heads fairly often if you play solo. In HoS you can potentially keep your team in the game through shared XP and being smart about map objectives. LoL has a meta that players are basically railroaded into, so even shitters are bound to fall in line to avoid reports and shit. Dota, though, those first 100-150 hours will have you dealing with third wolders screeching in broken english as they make your games crash and burn in hour long sessions.

>MFW some Dota games lasted a good hour and fifteen minutes, even though you knew it lost from the first 10
>>
>>379256824
Honestly, nowadays I feel like the shitty fanmade cosmetics outweigh the actually good cosmetics, and that's a shame.
>>
>>379255370
I actually started playing HotS a couple of moths ago, and I'm actually enjoying it. I wasted 4000 hours in Dota 2, and patch 7.00 killed it for me. After not playing any ASSFAGGOTS games for a while I tried HotS 2.0 because they were handing out heroes for free. I have to say this game may be on par with Dota in terms of fun and actually may be better in some aspects. Games are usually only 20-25 mins long, and no farming is nice. The objectives on the map force the teams to fight each other, and give the team that obtains them a nice advantage. My complaints are the lack of depth and not enough heroes
>>
File: IMG_0101.jpg (76KB, 566x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
76KB, 566x566px
You will hate DOTA for thr first 100 hours, love it for a bit, realize you wasted 1200 and you're still 4k, become dead inside, and slowly trudge your way through South American sludge to the top only to realize the trench doesn't end, crying about how you don't enjoy the game but can't stop playing it because vidya is shit now.
>>
>>379255768
Dota is literally LoL now, waiting for everyone to realise that and move to a private server of previous versions of the game
>>
>>379256824
Just do yourself a favor and stay away from MOBAs. You get into this fucking trap of chasing MMR. If you're looking for something to scratch that competitive itch stay away from MOBAS.
>>
>>379257215
> Yup, 5k Hours to get to top 200 in north + south america only to have to deal with professional faglords like artour and BSJ who throw games. MOBAS are a huge waste of time.
>>
>>379257321
I wonder why teamless high mmr players don't join a team to make some buck. I mean, you worked so hard to make it to 6-7k, why not try to profit from it?
>>
>>379255370
Lol
>horrible community
>flavor of the season meta
>stale as fuck meta
>no thinking outside the box, stick to meta
>easier last hitting
>solo carrying is rare

Doto
>Russians
>variable meta and whacky builds(that are hit or miss)
>lasthitting is hard
>harder(more skills and active items)
>horrible community
>snowballing of single chsracter

Hots
>braindead community
>no lasthitting
>no build variations
>cool objectives
>snowballing of whole team.

Tldr play any other game,
I've played lol for few years. Doto for 2. Hon for 1 and hots for 1

Pure waste of time. No matter how git gud you get you will lose.
>>
>>379257624

Where I live compounded with working full time and having to support my wife through college. Now I'm coming up on 30 and probably too old. I stopped playing about a year ago, and it was the best decision I've made in awhile. It was very unhealthy for me.
>>
>>379257678
Not only will you lose but unless you have the demeanor of our lord jesus christ it just slowly breaks you as a person. You become bitter, you play games to chase that high of going balls deep behind 2 towers to kill the shitstain that talked shit in all chat after getting lucky with a regen rune. For every 1 GOOD game you will have 6 terrible ones, where even if you win you're in a pissed off mood.
>>
Problem with these games is you usually get some guy who think they are hot shit, and singlehandedly going to win the game for you - once in a while they are right. But far more frequently they are probably doing the worst, but the reason they are doing badly is because apparently the whole team is supposed to jump at their beck and call.

Honestly the best games are when people are not shitty and actually communicate.
>>
>>379258017
DOTA is probably the only game that makes me actually angry, mostly at myself, for not being good enough. Maybe it's the time investment, maybe it's the fact your ranked.

When you have a good game its fun, and feels great when you have a win, it's just a pity you can't get a good game outside of ranked, otherwise i'd happily play unranked.
>>
File: 1418091837248.jpg (298KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1418091837248.jpg
298KB, 1462x1462px
>>379257678
>last hitting

why are you praising the most retarded mechanic of mobas?
>>
>>379255370
Neither.
Play a real game you worthless piece of human waste.
>>
>>379257249

Esports is too ingrained in dota 2 for players to switch to older patches of the game. Current players are used to the meta constantly evolving and changing in the course of 6 months when it used to be years between meta shifts if you played from the beta.

Conidering how pretty much every game I play has up to date meta builds the current community would get very tired of the same meta over and over.

The only thing i could see would be some sort of mod which shuts off all shop features, cosmetics and other cancerous shit.
>>
>>379255370
dota
>>
>lung cancer or ebola
hmm.. tricky
>>
>>379258017
That's me playing blackjack. I lose a few hundred and feel like shit then win a few hundred and feel angry and dead inside and just gamble it all away in a hand or two.
>>
>>379258714
It gives you something to do and is a measurable way to improve. You know how many last hits you have and can work on getting more to instantly improve your play, it's one of the best mechanics in a MOBA and it's why HotS is so shit since they don't have it.
>>
>>379259426
What constitutes as a real game in your opinion, you meme spouting retard?
>>
>>379258714
I am not praising it.
I am pointing out how it works in those games.

>>379258017
So fucking this.
Removing mobas from my life was my greatest decision.
>>
>>379256557
This. I don't know a single person that plays dota a lot and doesn't hate themselves

>>379257249
oyu are literally wrong
>>
>>379257143
this, Hots is like they took all the needlessly boring parts out of Mobas and just made a game about team fights.

of course, that's not going to be everyone's peice of cake because some people like complexity for the sake of complexity. but I'm having more fun in the short time I've played Hots than in the hundreds of hours I put into LOL and dota .
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.