[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? There are still daily Diablo and PoE threads,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong? There are still daily Diablo and PoE threads, but it seems like everyone has completely forgotten this game
>>
>>379253163
>What went wrong?
nothing. it's a good game. just not something most people will sink thousands of hours in since its SP focused
>>
>>379253163
It's alright but It kinda gets a bit tedious after a while.
>>
>>379253163
It's because GD doesn't have the multiplayer oriented endgame that D3 and PoE do. It has a better single player campaign than both those games though.
>>
every diablo 2 character had a signature move

whirlwind and shouts
multishot, strafe, and OPjavelin
corpse explosion and lagbots
auras and hammers
orb, static, meteor

grim dawn has 20 variations of an increase in autoattack damage: all the shitty diablo clones, including torchlight, keep making this mistake, autoattacking is not fun or interesting
>>
>>379253163
GD is for mainly single player which is fine. also expac soon.
>>
>>379253781
isn't POE spam one ability and stack health or ES LUL
>>
File: CSMotGV.jpg (36KB, 446x640px) Image search: [Google]
CSMotGV.jpg
36KB, 446x640px
>>379253163
Because it took a few steps forward from titan quest in gameplay terms, but the world is two forks of brown/grey and feels empty because of it
also farming for rep/per play missions in a single player game is ridiculous
Also also wheres my super flying bodies and XMAX
>>
How is the co-op?
>>
>>379253781
>grim dawn has 20 variations of an increase in autoattack damage
yeah but it also has plenty of builds that require a full or near full hotbar. Most people tend to build around only a few active skills because having to cast them every 1-10 seconds can be a real chore, so most people tend to only have a few active skills you need to cast
>>
>>379253954
Yes. PoE's claim to fame is walk into room, clear it. pick up any loot that's worth picking up. Go to next room.
>>
>>379254112
I should be more clear, I mean clear it by hitting one button a couple times.
>>
>>379253986
Yeah, TQ mods even had a bit of a renaissance with the steam re-release thing. I never tried Grim Dawn because I loathed its visuals and couldn't really see what was going on, but TQ remains one of my most commonly replayed games.
>>
>>379254106
It's not a chore, it's what makes these games fun. This is why I'll never get into PoE, you just effectively press RMB repeatedly.
>>
>>379253163
>what went wrong?
Paid shills
>>
>>379254058
What you'd expect for an ARPG. Doesn't do anything unique or interesting, just buffed enemy hp and dmg.
>>
Its slow and its leveling/skill system is kind of shit.
>>
>>379253986
>the world is two forks of brown/grey and feels empty because of it

my thoughts exactly. the settings and maps is what really set TQ apart and they really blew it with GD and just used the same old crumbling castles, spooky woods, dilapidated towns, caves, and ruins. what a shame.
>>
>>379253781
This nailed it.

Other things: the dual-class shit is retarded and a failed mechanic. Everything lacks identity. The zones are big and boring. There is so much shitty MMO-style busy work in this game. It can't decide if it wants to be an action game or some kind of action-RPG-adventure hybrid. It lacks the clear vision of other rival games and thus is forgettable as a result.
>>
>>379254214
Initially I hated the visuals just like you, but it actually grew on me as I progressed. I still hate the character/armor designs but the environments are really comfy.
>>
>>379253163
the game is just not on the same production value as PoE or D3. PoE probably has 20 times the content it has so why compare them?
>>
>>379253163
It's a mediocre game, then again I thought that about Diablo 3 so maybe I just don't like ARPGS. From what I've played PoE seems to be the best ARPG around by a longshot.
>>
>>379254251
>It's not a chore
it is to some people. i don't want to have to do 2 rotations of 8 skills to reach my full damage potential. I already think my LD storm totem stunjack ele is a pain to maintain compared to say my DEE witch hunter.
>>
>>379253163
Needs more frequent content releases.
>>379253781
>autoattacking is not fun
Someone never played Ragnarok it seems.
>>
They kinda put 'end-game' in DLC?
Also that system, where you can only get legendaries when reached certain level is bullshit.
>>
>>379253163
>What went wrong? There are still daily Diablo and PoE threads
it's a single player game that came out 5 years ago and is not actively getting major content updates, are you surprised that people have lost interest in it? what went wrong with team buddies, i don't see it having daily threads? and dishonored? r&c? medievil, half-life, portal, divinity, anno 1404, trine? why were they all so fucking shit?
>>
>>379253163
I've beaten the first difficulty and feel bored going through it again. What do?
>>
>>379253163
the whole idea of it
>>
It's fairly slow and the fact that you have to go through it 3 times for your builds to really come into their own make it that much more tedious. I know other ARPGs make you play through them 3 times too but it's usually much faster and your builds are usually pretty fleshed out before you're done with the third playthrough. In GD you pretty much need at least a few specific legendaries and triple rares for your build to really unlock it's potential. It's even more annoying when you need a specific legendary and it never fucking drops.
>>
>>379253163
everything
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.