[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is twitch/youtube a job, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Combologo_474x356.png (4KB, 474x356px) Image search: [Google]
Combologo_474x356.png
4KB, 474x356px
Is twitch/youtube a job, /v/?
>>
Test
>>
>>379252642

If you work maintaining the servers. Yes.
>>
>>379252770
I meant streaming
>>
>>379252642
>THANK YOU FOR DONATING
>PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
>TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS

no
>>
Does it make people money? Does the money spend?

Oh wait sorry you wanted something more like

>stoopid degenerates, yootoob isn't uh jawb!! Reeee,

There ya go OP.
>>
>>379252642
If you pay taxes it's a job. I just think it's a pretty shitty job like professional Las Vegas whore.
>>
>>379252642
As long as it generates income, why not?
>>
I do youtube gameplay/animation shit but im socially unstable and my fans make me wanna hurt myself cuz theyre just so.. One dimensional well say, so in that sense the taxation of actually putting effort into vids and not just insulting my viewers nonstop its a bit of a job, not for normal people sure, but for the "anxious artist babu"

I keep telling myself to just not read the chat but interacting leads to donations when i stream
>>
Yea but only a tiny percentage of users actually succeed in making a living out of it.
>>
>>379252642
ye if you are a good shill you can make big $ on twitch streaming.
cant say that much about the current state if jewtube tbc
>>
>>379252909
Thank you :)
>>
>>379252642
Streaming? No, because the amount of time, effort and the most important LUCK required to break even financially is really not worth it. Streaming to me, is not a job, but a recreational activity that has a CHANCE of getting you money.
>>
sure. why not
>>
File: photo.jpg (2KB, 46x46px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2KB, 46x46px
No but younow streaming is
>>
It's there a pension fund and work experience?
>>
>>379252886

>make money entertaining people
>give a service (entertainment) and get paid for it

yeah it's a job, it doesn't matter how much you bitch and moan about it
>>
>>379252642
as much as being a stand-up comedian and such
>>
do they make money? do they pay taxes on that money?

yes, its a job. a fucking gay job
>>
>>379252642
Yeah, it's a job. Do they deserve earning a lot doing it? That's another thing.
>>
>>379253423

It's not up to anyone other than their audience to decide how much a streamer should earn. If they do a good job and entertain a lot of people they'll make a lot of money. If they don't then they'll continue to be poor.

Just like every other entertainer out there.
>>
>>379252642
If you can do it and make money by doing it, it's a job. It's not a difficult one, but hey.
>>
>>379253086
>a recreational activity that has a CHANCE of getting you money.
Still sounds like a job to me, as long as it pays the bills.
Some people get to make money by having pictures taken of them. That's a fuckton of luck needed to be born beautiful enough in some way to be a model of any kind. And having pictures take of you is a recreational activity for a lot of people but models still have to put in the time and effort to make that money.

Just because not everyone can make a living doing it doesn't mean it's not a job for those who can.
>>
> streaming is a jaaaahb
Fucking kys, millenials
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>379253274
Is this for twitch raids?
>>
>>379253652

wut iz a jahb?
>>
>>379252703
No
>>
>>379253732
I wish. Cucks are just talking about titty streamers.
>>
>>379253813

Perhaps
>>
>>379253621
That's the thing, it doesn't pay the bills with the exception of a very very small percentage of people. Just because one person can do it doesn't make it a job.
>>
To me it's more like a hobby that people make money on.
I wouldn't call it a job because there are essentially no marketable skills that person could use in a different career when they inevitably go under.
>>
anything can be a job
you have to be valuable and/or lucky
>>
>>379253898

BECAUSE someone can do it that makes it a job.

>>379253927

Why is it inevitable? There's nothing to indicate that the job is insecure as long as they can keep their audience entertained.
>>
>>379252642
As long as you can pay the bills I dont see why it isnt
>>
Dansgame. Lirik.
The only noteworthy streamers. Others are literal trash and junkies like mvg from the bottom.
>>
>>379254041
it's inevitable because streams are entirely reliant on people being entertaining, not productive
>>
File: 1476082170346.gif (2MB, 237x233px) Image search: [Google]
1476082170346.gif
2MB, 237x233px
>Panda left DSP
>He will now die alone
>No woman would ever even consider putting up with his crap even without his stalkers raiding her social media to scare her off
>Mfw
I don't know this guy but after watching him attempt to play some games I hate him with a burning passion.
>>
>>379253874
I wonder?
>>
>>379254227
At least he's not virgin and sucked dem big titties. Can die with piece now
>>
>>379254221

>entirely reliant on people being entertained, not productive

I guess stand up comedians won't have jobs soon because they are reliant on people being entertained, not productive.

Your statement is incredibly dumb, entirely discounting the fact that successful streamers have been doing it for years now. You only really need around 1.5k subs to make enough to support yourself and a spouse and child.
>>
Absolutely.

1.) Being an entertainer is very fulfilling and you have the capacity to touch the hearts and minds of millions.

2.) In the case of speedrunners, devoting your life to competition is also very fulfilling.

I mean, compare YouTuber/Twitcher-streamer to having a McJob or stocking shelves at Walmart, those jobs are complete wastes of human life. They're doing jobs that should be done by robots, there is no thinking, talent, or skill required.
>>
>>379252642
>Is twitch/youtube a job, /v/?
Only for those who are lucky enough to amass a huge following that are willing to give you money at around 2k consistent viewers you make around 100k a year.
>>
>>379252642
Yes, make sure to like comment and subscribe.
>>
>>379252642
sure, if you make enough money for a living from it i'd say its a job
>>
>>379252642
no
>>
File: 1489891722065.jpg (103KB, 960x813px) Image search: [Google]
1489891722065.jpg
103KB, 960x813px
anything that makes you money is a job.
>>
>>379252642
yes
>>
>>379252642
very much so
>>
>>379252642
No, a job is an activity that you hate but get paid money for.

That's why people want you to get a real job. They want you to suffer like they do.
>>
>>379253927
>technical proficiency
>social skills/charisma
>advertising
>handling social media
It's not just "hurr I turn on pc while I play game". Streamers are doing quite a lot of work to build their fanbase and continually appeal to them.
>>
>>379252642
>Create conent
>Get paid for it
It's a job, although one that's in the middle of a bubble. I hope those Twitch streamers have their resumes up to date.
>>
>>379253898
>That's the thing, it doesn't pay the bills with the exception of a very very small percentage of people. Just because one person can do it doesn't make it a job.
So door-to-door salesmen, who get paid on commission only, don't have jobs?
>>
>>379261148

This. In real jobs the only satisfaction you get is when you receive your paycheck.
>>
>>379257176
So you count stealing as a job? I think there is a difference between a way to make a living and a job. The latter seems to imply some kind of service.
>>
>>379252642

It's kind of a job where you get paid even tho you slack off, also you're boss is the most retarded person in the world. I'd personally fire you right away.
>>
>>379252642
everything that produces you a stable income is a job
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.