[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 360.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
this is my favorite console of all time.
>>
Unpopular opinion ? More like utter shit taste
>>
Not a bad opinion at all. 360 was the best of its gen and still a great machine
>>
360 obviously
>>
i think the 360 was pretty good, especially since mine was modded so i could pirate all my games
>>
>>379248352
That's just an admission to shit taste, not an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>379248352
Decent opinion if you like the games made before the Kinect.
>>
File: The duke.jpg (86KB, 824x1308px) Image search: [Google]
The duke.jpg
86KB, 824x1308px
>>379248856
No, it wasn't, and no, it isn't. Launch PS3 is way better than any 360 model, and could still be argued to be the best console to ever release. I would put it tied with the SNES on best console ever.
>>
File: image.gif (48KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
48KB, 192x256px
>>379249326
>>
>>379249326
>sony anything
>good

Type neogaf.com instead of 4chan.org
>>
>>379249326

When you just look at the feature set the PS3 is obviously the superior console. When you look at the price tag and the library it was utter shit. It was years after launch before the PS3 became the better choice console.
>>
>>379249326
why? 90% of the multiplats were the inferior version and aside from niche weeb games, it only has maybe 5 good exclusives. I could maybe seeing it being decent if you were a massive weeaboo, but it's not even in the top ten of consoles otherwise.
>>
>>379249498
Price tag is irrelevant today. The PS3 also wound up having the better library. This isn't to claim that the PS3's price tag and library were always the best, but when you can pick up a launch PS3 for 100 bucks on ebay, and take into account its library (all PS3 games, all PS2 games, many PS1 games, as well as the online library to enable you to get rare games like Silent Hill 1 for cheap), it is clearly the superior console today, and was by the time the PS4/Xbone launched.
>>
>>379249592
Why do you suck Sony's dick so hard? What is the point?
>>
>>379249634
>>379249686
Replied to wrong person
>>
>>379249326
>fucking thing would almost explode if you try and send a message while playing online
>>
>>379249634
>Price tag is irrelevant today.

But the PS3 is irrelevant today too. They aren't making them anymore. There's no games coming out for it. Half it's launch feature set is now missing from the console. And it didn't wind up having the better library unless you are a weeb with shit taste. You can only consider it in the context it came out and in that context it was utter shit.
>>
>>379249757
Thought that might be the case. I'm not sucking Sony's dick. PS1 had some good games, but was a pretty mediocre system, in my opinion. PS2 had both quantity and quality, and was a great system, but so was the original Xbox for a while (GC was rather disappointing, in my opinion). 360 had paid online, didn't have full BC with the Xbox (let alone a generation earlier). The 360 wasn't a bad console, and I never said it was. It was decent, but they quit halfway through the gen, riddled their OS with ads, and charged so much for online that if you picked up a launch PS3 on launch day (600 bucks), you would have saved money over picking up a 360 and paying for Xbox Gold for 7 years at 50 dollars per year). Add the feature reduction (even strictly limiting it to games, and not shit like non-proprietary HDDs, streaming, linux, etc), and its a no-brainer.

PS4 isn't a good console, just the best of a bad lot (which the Switch might best - time will tell).

I'm not a fanboy of Sony. There's a lot I dislike about the company. But the PS3 was the better console, and very well may be the best console released thus far.
>>
>>379249915
What's the point? In my original post, I said it was tied for the SNES in best console ever, and they aren't making games anymore, either (nor is the 360). It still has online play for free and an active store (although its a slog to use).

What feature set, aside from Linux, is missing?
>>
File: oblivion.jpg (2MB, 1503x1932px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion.jpg
2MB, 1503x1932px
>>379248352
Oblivion is a better game than Morrowind
>>
>>379250094

The SNES was good for it's day, the PS3 wasn't. The comparison is not appropriate.

The PS3 was not competitive with the 360 in it's time because of it's price, the only way they could bring down it's price was to remove the features that made it the better console. It's library was not superior to the 360 unless you are a massive fan of web trash.

For the record, I owned both consoles. I have no branch loyalty, just looking back and thinking about which console I probably could have done without the decision is easy for me, it's the PS3.
>>
>>379248352

Best consoles of all time are PSX, N64 and Dreamcast, and you know this to be true. It is the divine triumvirate.

The Xbox 360, while having a ok-ish first 2-3 years, endup just being a cheap PC replacement. Only RDR makes it worth to exist at this point, being the best Bayo port on PC.
>>
>>379250592
Are we discussing the consoles as they were priced and what they had a decade ago, or as they are priced and what they have now?

Depending on which we are discussing depends on what opinions people hold. The launch PS3 had a shit start and was overpriced, but today the launch PS3 is cheap and has a great library.

So yeah, if we are going to pretend that we are in June of 2007, the 360 was the better console. But if we are going to judge it from how it is presently, the 360 was pretty meh.
>>
>>379250309
truly, this is the most unpopular
>>
jet grind radio is better than future
>>
without a doubt better than ps3 in almost every way

1. no installs
2. small disc sizes (if you want to be a pirate)
3. Best controller
4. BEST MULTIPLATS (BAYONETTA)
5. Cheap chargepacks
6. XBOX HUGE BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY
7. Xbox arcade
8. Updates don't take ages
>>
File: 52430_front.jpg (104KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
52430_front.jpg
104KB, 640x908px
The best reason to own a 360 nowadays is for the Original Xbox compatibility and for console only multiplats.
>>
File: Ultima_VIII_box_cover.jpg (24KB, 243x341px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_VIII_box_cover.jpg
24KB, 243x341px
>>379248352
Ultima 8 is good.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.