[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hopes and fears for PoE 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hopes and fears for PoE 2?
>>
I hope they learn from Tyranny and make magic actually good for a change.
I'm afraid the story is going to peter out horribly just like in the first game.
>>
>Hopes
Way less trash mobs
Way less backer NPCs
A great Stronghold system from the start rather than having to wait for a dozen patches
More great visuals, soundtrack, presentation and overall comfyness
The ability to be bros with Edér, that dude stuck with me through the worst times
A better combat system with plenty of new great stuff like multiclassing and kits

>Fears
Worse story and writing than the first game, since there's no Ziets or Avellone, some of the terrible writers from the turd that is Tyranny are now working on this and Fenstermaker is only in charge of writing Edér
Casualized combat, the fact that they took away vancian casting is worrying
>>
hopes: better encounter design, interesting story, better character development, actual choice & consequence, and more varied enemies with better AI and/or more distinct abilities
>>
Hope, the writing goes back to being edgy and focused like IWD, with hardcore situations popping up.

FEARRRR, exactly same even-ho-hum character stats which eliminate any sense of build, and the return of that DPS fest late game which nullifies using any spells cause everything dies too quickly.
>>
>>379249193
>the fact that they took away vancian casting is worrying
No, it isn't
>>
>>379251506
Yes, it is, you dirty casual
>>
>>379252330
Per rest cast is shit and doesn't belong in video games
>>
>>379253830
Casual
>>
>>379247930
unless they completely change the writer and the core combat system the game will remain shit thus not worth considering.
>>
>>379255610
This, PoE was a disaster and got laughed off by anyone who actually played the cRPGs they were trying to reproduce.
>>
>>379255610
>>379255932
Shit taste
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.