[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Completely missed out on the fanfare for this, even though I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Completely missed out on the fanfare for this, even though I loved HR

What's the general consensus on this?
>>
Pros:
>solid gameplay
>excellent environment
>lots of ways to play

Cons:
>too fucking short
>chopped in half to be episodic
>story is meh

It's fun to play, but a mixed bag overall in my opinion.
>>
>>379245116
HR was better overall.
>>
It has the best hub in the series without a doubt, there's a fuckton of secrets to find.

That said, there's only the one hub and the missions outside of it are nowhere as good as the other games. Its a good game marred by Square fucking with it.
>>
>>379245638
FPBP. It's also worth noting that a lot of the side content is better than the main quest.
>>
I finally got around to finishing it last week.
The ending is pretty bad. You hardly know it's ending and suddenly it's over. You don't feel like you've done much.
But there are some decent levels and good side-missions.
>>
Took my time playing it, enjoyed it a lot, but after I had finished it I kinda had nothing to say about it, its worth playing though, particularly if you liked HR obviously.
>>
>>379245116
>What's the general consensus on this?

utterly wasted potential because they wanted to go full ubsisoft with the franchise.

>who knows how many man hours wasted on breach
>single player cash shop for a game you can play through normally and unlock everything
>one hub in the day, night, and night rain
>side missions literally better than the main game
>one boss
>worthless augs like mark and track and minimap range return
>casie aug dumbed down even further to THIS IS GUY IS ALPHA PICK THE ALPHA CONVO OPTION
>>
do you guys think there will be some type of "game of the year" edition with all dlc or will they not bother?
>>
>>379246337
The game bombed hard enough for Square Enix to shelve the franchise.

No.
>>
>>379246337
maybe but i wouldn't count on it. the dlc is very mediocre though.
>>
I didn't think the ending was that abrupt honestly, it just had a shitty epilogue. If we had gotten a proper debriefing on Ivan I would have been okay with it.
>>
>>379246564
System rift was good.
>>
>>379245116
40% of a great game
100% of an amazing soundtrack though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQZcHyh8YE
>>
>>379245116
Masterpiece 10/10
>>
My biggest gripe is that there is in fact several ways to get anywhere.

And it made me realize how useless getting skills like jump, hacking or strength is since there's always a convenient air duct nearby. They missed what made HR fun by making travel too easy
>>
>>379247062
That' only true for the main story routes. You can't explore most of the secrets if you lack specific upgrades. That's a huge chunk of content.
>>
>>379245116
Who knows, Denuvo means almost no one talked about it here, and the people who do are likelier to be fanboys who'd ignore the game's flaws.

And even then, from what I saw it seemed to be harshly criticized.
>>
If you liked HR its not as good, but it scratches the itch. If you haven't played HR play the directors cut asap
>>
>>379245116
Potential ruined and forced to be cut in half by Square. Then Square benched the series so we'll probably never get the final part.
Fuck SE.
>>
A lot of the gameplay complaints I'm seeing about MD were true of HR as well, but that game wasn't unfinished. The prequel series were always simplified versions of the original game.
>>
The funny thing is we'd never have played HR either if SE hadn't forced them to ship the damn game after five years of development.
>>
>>379245116
tightened gameplay mechanics and much better level design than HR, but less memorable characters and main plotline. slightly easier stealth.

sidequests steal the show and are better than main plotline. there's about 12 of them.

also runs like ass for most people, thankfully i was lucky.
>>
>>379245638
Pretty much this. Also the supporting cast was really weak when compared to HR and the original. No real memorable characters.
>>
>>379248681

>Then Square benched the series

Oh, did they actually say this? I haven't followed Deus Ex news in a while.
>>
>>379248681
>>379249530

Ah, nevermind, I found an article about it. Well that sucks. I liked HR, but I haven't gotten around to MD yet.
>>
File: 1486357835689.png (974KB, 750x917px) Image search: [Google]
1486357835689.png
974KB, 750x917px
I was disappointed that there wasn't anything nearly as comfy as Hengsha in MD
>>
>>379249874
A cyberpunk game got to have an Asian level, they broke the rule
>>
It's just not Deus ex, really.
>>
>>379247062
hacking is literally the best skill to have in the game, you can hack the shit out of everything you see and rob people in broad daylight by hacking into their aprtments which is my favorite thing to do in deus ex games
>>
>>379250931
90% of those apartments can be entered from climbing onto the window ledges and break in from the windows though
>>
>>379251024
Yeah but you get XP from hacking anyway so even if you have the keys it's better to hack.

Also, remember to first knock out enemies for XP, then kill them for more XP.
>>
>>379251024
eh i get exp from hacking and those hacking software that i can sell, also i can hack into garages and safes
>>
File: Deus Ex Human Revolution.jpg (27KB, 450x391px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex Human Revolution.jpg
27KB, 450x391px
>>379250005
Ahh, the obligatory vague as all fuck "It's just not Deus Ex" guy in every thread.

You're late.
>>
>>379245638
Fuck SE for trying to milk this as much as they can. Now we'll never get a sequel
>>
>>379250005
Neither was HR, but it was still a good game.

IW was never made, you are remembering it wrong, trust me.
>>
>>379251096
Which again could be entered from ducts and breakable walls most of the time, especially if there were things worth taking in it
>>
>>379245116
the thing i hate about this game is prolly the story that overwhelmingly focus on social issues and forcing down "augs lives matter" onto every situation it can get. Days where corporate espionage and secret conspiracies are gone, days where meddling and interecting with AI are aslo gone. days where we're being thrown all around the world uncovering investigations are aslo gone...

I have a feeling the directors where like "hey, michael brown just got mowed down by white cops and theres a crazy black lives matter movement going on and its intense! We should scrap all those nonsense about corporate ho ha like sarif industries and hugh darrow and put Jensen in a world where it covers issues about race equality, leadership, social change, aslo why not let him join "MI6" for no reason and trademark aug lives matter because fuck you we do what we want
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.