[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Tokyo Game Show 2017.jpg (160KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Game Show 2017.jpg
160KB, 1200x675px
What is your opinion on the VERY REAL possibility that Dragon Quest XI might be exclusive to Japan only? Would it receive the attention Square Enix feels it deserves in America? Should it be exclusive to PS4, or is it time for the series to become fully multi-platform?
>>
File: 1339403574624.png (99KB, 395x416px) Image search: [Google]
1339403574624.png
99KB, 395x416px
I'll be sure to post lots of videos for you.
>>
>>379239941
>Would it receive the attention Square Enix feels it deserves in America?
Literally nothing would be enough for Square Enix. They're determined to believe that the West hates DQ.
>>
it isn't going to be japan exclusive. SE has been very up-front about the fact that the release of builders and heroes in the west was meant to set up a runway for DQXI. I hope all three versions come out, but at the very least PS4 and one of the Nintendo platform versions will come out in the west.
>>
I'd be more inclined to try DQ if the localizations didn't force dialects and accents into their text boxes
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>379239941
If it's Japan only I'd be depressed. What's the likelihood if it being Japan only? Did something happen for square to suddenly reconsider localizing DQ games?
>>
>>379240245
This, this so fucking hard.
>Game sells well
>Literally all of the copies are sold
>"NOPE WEST HATES IT, NO DQ FOR GAIJINS"

>>379239941
You mean there was ever a chance that it would come out to the west?
>>
>>379239941
I'm starating to think it's Japan only. It's coming out next month in Japan and there's absolutely not one peep on a localization.
>>
In an interview with EDGE magazine, Dragon Quest XI executive producer Yu Miyake provided the first tease of the game getting a western release.

When asked about the series’ appeal in the west compared to Final Fantasy, Miyake said:

"We’re still trying! [Laughs] It’s a topic we have been thinking about a lot internally: the question of why Final Fantasy is so much more popular than Dragon Quest in the west. […] One thing that does stand out: in Japan the target audience for Dragon Quest is vast. It ranges from primary-school students to people in their 50s. Now, Akira Toriyama’s art style is cartoonish, and in Japan that doesn’t alienate anyone; it’s not seen as childish.

But outside of Japan, I think there’s often a stigma attached to that kind of aesthetic. Now, when an adult tries the game, they will discover that the subject matter is actually quite mature. Nevertheless, players are still left with this disconnect between how the game looks and how it plays. That’s a tension that just doesn’t exist in Japan. What we’re seeing now is that the age of people who are playing is rising. Interest is also increasing. We’re trying to put a lot more effort into promoting overseas the spinoff titles we’ve been working on – Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes – in order to soften up the ground for Dragon Quest XI."
>>
>>379240381
Dragon Quest 8 was supposed to be the greatest game ever made. Millions of copies were printed. The first wave of prints failed to sell, and sat on store shelves. When retailers mentioned that they were going to have to discount just to free up space, they received the second batch of copies.
>>
>>379240362
lol yeah right, remember it took three fucking years for a 3DS game to get over here.

Get ready for none of the versions to be localized.

I kinda hope the switch version looks as good as the PS4 version. As a portable version of that would be fucking amazing though if not then no actual loss.
>>
>>379240648
What really pisses me off is DQ8 was a great game. It's probably the best RPG on PS2.
>>
>>379240648
Wait which version? The 3DS version or the PS2 version?

If its the 3DS version then blame all of those resolution fags on their fucking emulators.

If its the PS2 version you are dead wrong because it came with the FF12 demo. Do you know how many FFfags bought that game just for the demo? A fuck tons.
>>
>>379239941
aFTER PLAYING THE ONE ON 3ds I DONT FEEL LIKE I'M MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING.

Yeah i just noticed i typed that in caps, i'm not typing shit again, get fucked.
>>
File: ff12.jpg (438KB, 1199x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ff12.jpg
438KB, 1199x1500px
I've got some super secret inside info for you guys

this is going to come with a DQXI demo disc.
>>
>>379241048
Which one? 8 or 7?

Either way you are fucking retarded you faggot.
>>
>>379240372
It's dumb because there aren't the same common personality stereotypes among english dialects as there are with japanese dialect. English dialects tend to be associated with intelligence rather than personality. In Japanese, the intention is to be able to say "these are nice/rude/shady people because they speak with X dialect" where English doesn't really have the same associations.
>>
>>379240901
The PS2 version. There were dozens of in-store and independent store sales on the game for $15.
>>
File: C-GyPRPVYAAdoDh.jpg orig.jpg (229KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
C-GyPRPVYAAdoDh.jpg orig.jpg
229KB, 1200x1600px
Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>379241427
So again do you know how many copies were sold just for the FF12 demo? Granted a vast majority of them just sold the game once they played through the demo without giving it a shot.
>>
>>379239941
The problem with SE and Dragon Quest in the west is that they never fucking bother to market shit.
The best marketing SE did for the Heroes games, Builders, and the 3DS versions of VII and VIII consisted of simply posting about it on social media with videos here and there. That's all they've done. You'd get the occasional exposure from Sony or Nintendo but that was small at best.
None of the parties have pushed to get DQ known in the west. DQ9 and 8 were the only exceptions that provided good results, but for some reason they decided to do the bare minimum for marketing for every other release and then wonder why the games aren't selling well anymore.

Quite frankly they should just stop if they're not even going to fucking try. They'll decide to release DQXI in the west, proceed not to market it, it fails, then more DQ games in Japan will continue to release that we won't get as a result of the failure, and fans will be back to bitching and moaning again.

Honestly fans should either just give or learn Japanese to play future releases.
>>
There series has always been somewhat multiplatform, I mean 11 is on 3 systems and 10 is on 8 systems.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.