[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you drones that always shit on this game actually even played it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_8111.jpg (23KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8111.jpg
23KB, 238x293px
Have you drones that always shit on this game actually even played it?
>>
>>379233814
I don't need to play it to know it's shit.
>>
Yes, several times. Replayability is shit because you need to take specific perks to actually use crafting and town shit, forced character history and voice, huge chunks of your dialogue revolve around fucking Shaun, and there are almost no skill checks outside of speech so there's really no reason not to just minmax. The factions are mostly uninteresting and all main questlines are heavily padded with randomly generated fetch quests. Dialogue is also dogshit because most of it is limited to yes, sarcastic yes, no(yes later), and question which brings you back to the yes list"
>>
>>379233814
800 hours
it's dogshit
>>
>>379233814
I thought the gunplay actually felt alright compared to the 3/NV. In those I only ever used VATS because shooting outside of VATS felt like garbage.

That's it though, everything else is worse. Oh except for that stupid perk that lets you teleport even further with your fists. As an unarmed player that was great.
>>
>>379233814
It's fun as a shitty loot & shoot. more fun with mods
certainly not a Fallout game though
>>
I liked it.
>>
I got bored really really fast. It also just felt clunky I guess?
>>
Yeah - it's just not good. No depth to the roleplaying (you're a good guy who wants to find his kid), the settlement system is shallow, character builds gravitate towards the same with each playthrough, voiced dialogue is a mistake...I really only liked walking around Far Harbor with its great soundtrack.
>>
File: 2663716-1485364218.jpg (171KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2663716-1485364218.jpg
171KB, 1680x1050px
>>379233814
Yeah, I even bought the Nuke Edition.

The game has too many flaws to be enjoyable.
>>
>>379233814
What was your goal when starting this thread? Like honestly what the fuck man
>>
>>379233814
I like building shit and I love post apoc settings so this sort of scratches both but is abysmal with the settlements. It really needs a different engine and better stuff in general. They put DLC in that gives you an elevator, and the NPCs can't even use it. It's absolutely stupid.
Also no ladders.
>>
>>379233814
People that shit on it want an rpg, understandably. People that like it are either people that never cared or have reconciled he fact that it's an awful fallout game, but s pretty enjoyable shooter with a goofy premise and location. I have to look at it as a spin off and not put lots of thought into the fact that it's not an rpg game or I get mad.
>>
Yeah, and New Vegas has more real choices and weapon variety in the first hour. Fo4 has too much illusion of choice.
>>
>>379233814
main story is shit
roleplaying is non existent
\they use the awful borderlands weapon system so they dont have to do anything interesting
all the factions are dumbed down garbage
terrible dialogue and writing all around
only 2-3 companions that werent shit
uses endless randomized quests instead of actually making a compelling game

the color and some art direction was nice and obviously gunplay was improved but thats not why the fans love fallout. bethesda fallout is uber casual cash grab garbage.

i hate this game so much.
>>
>>379233814
survival mode is the only thing that i honestly enjoyed, and even then it needs to be improved with mods to increase the enemy spawn numbers and rebalance the weapons (big guns are by far the worst weapon type in the game, even a legendary explosive minigun was worse than my explosive 10mm pistol)

apparently FROST survival mod is supposed to be pretty good but it's only 0.4 so it has a long way to go
>>
>>379235156
>have reconciled he fact that it's an awful fallout game, but s pretty enjoyable shooter with a goofy premise and location
Ascended master race ww@?
>>
>>379235249
>survival mode is the only thing that i honestly enjoyed
even then new vegas did it better
>>
>>379233814
Literally started a second playthrough last week and only got 5hrs in

Every quest is garbage
>>
>>379235330
new vegas survival mode is still easy as fuck, at least in fallout 4 i was at risk of being oneshotted for a good chunk of the game (1 END build, not even power armor was strong enough to stop certain enemies)
>>
>>379235156
>pretty enjoyable shooter
>mfw exploding legendary
I'll give you that, but it is annoying how the enemies can blind fire, lean, vault and all that but you can't do much other than a first person lean, sort of. Only thing is that it's pretty weird how far the NPCs lean out. Practically over half of their body becomes exposed.
>>
File: 892.png (83KB, 317x153px) Image search: [Google]
892.png
83KB, 317x153px
>>379233814
I don't shit on it or whatever. I really like it, to be honest. With mods this is a a+ game.
>>
>>379235156
if you disregard its complete failure as an rpg and treat it as just an open world shooter it's nothing but shittier borderlands.
>>
Yeah and it's objectively the worst fallout game.
Did some cool stuff, but for the most part it was a turd
>>
>>379233814
I try really hard to enjoy every game I can these days but I just can't do it with FO4. It makes me sad to think about how bad bethesda is going to butcher the next TES/FO game. How bad do the games get before they go back to the way it used to be?
>>
>>379235701
>Yeah and it's objectively the worst fallout game.
Stop getting your opinions second-hand from /v/. BoS is way way worse.
>>
File: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (2MB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art.png
2MB, 1000x1240px
>>379235701
>Yeah and it's objectively the worst fallout game.
*blocks your path*
>>
>>379235701
fallout 3 is the worst because at least fallout 4 has decent combat
>>379235762
BoS is a shitty version of jagged alliance but id rather play that than fallout 3 or 4
>>
>>379235963
So much bait it hurts
>>
I have. It's not a good game.
>>
>>379236017
>So much bait it hurts
So much bait it hurts
>So much bait it hurts
So much bait it hurts
>>
>>379235672
I could see that. I can say I enjoyed fo4 more solo and don't think I could play borderlands 2 solo. Not that it's bad, I just don't feel like that game was intended to be played without bros.
>>379235456
Yeah I noticed this too. I ended up having to download some mods that touched up on the enemy ai a little. The game genuinely feels so fuckint lazily thrown together, id be curious how quickly the fans of Bethesda games would turn on them if their games couldn't be modded. I genuinely believe that's the crutch that keeps people defending their laziness.
>>
File: 1482219889407.jpg (46KB, 557x765px) Image search: [Google]
1482219889407.jpg
46KB, 557x765px
>>379235646
While I agree with you modded anon, imo it's only A+ from an action fps perspective. The shitty dialogue and second rate """""rpg""""" elements cannot be fixed with any mods and that is what ultimately ruins the game for me and keeps me from finishing the main story, even on lvl 100+ chars.

But I do love me custom animated weapons, I go bananas for that shit. Plus modding the game to have more and tougher enemies is a real treat. Nothing like running up on like 30 ferals someplace to get the heart going.
>>
>>379235805
Fo3 is better in a lot of ways. It still had retarded bethesda writing but at least the choices it gave you were real and impacted the world somewhat.
>>
>>379235963
>BoS is a shitty version of jagged alliance
Is this nigga srs?
>>
File: its shit.jpg (12KB, 252x184px) Image search: [Google]
its shit.jpg
12KB, 252x184px
It's shit.
>>
>>379236017
>BoS
>>379236348
i just realized i meant fallout tactics. i forgot the ps2 game even existed.
>>
>>379236459
why would you do that to yourself
>>
>>379236487
>i just realized i meant fallout tactics
Fuck you tactics was legit
>>
>>379236743
i liked tactics a lot, better than 3 and 4
>>
>>379234320
You forgot to delete the quote at the end of that.
>yeah I played it!
>copies someone else's feelings about it
Good fucking god imagine being so stupid
>>
>>379234320
This so much. Also the guns were boring and the legendary system was fucking stupid.
>bleeding kills robots
>stacks limitlessly
Not to mention the raider DLC was basically unfinished. Thanks Todd.
>>
>>379236743
Still way worse than JA2, sorry mate.
>>
https://youtu.be/y1yj4N1fNx0
>>
>>379236487
FT actually also had exactly same subtitle.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Tactics:_Brotherhood_of_Steel
>>
>>379238210
Here's a list of tactics game better than JA2:
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.