[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
So is it any good or not? I haven't seen a single thread about it since the Kickstarter.
>>
The name is fucking trash, but the game itself is fine
>>
I'm having loads of fun with it. It was the Jet Set Radio 3 I didn't think I wanted. Even has a soundtrack by Hideki Naganuma, which is a pretty big thing. I'll just copypaste from the thread I might've made after yours without knowing.

>Futuristic setting, neon god damn everywhere, even on your suit
>Rebel against the government trying to bring you down by spraying graffiti every now and again, mostly by taking down their fancy tech with your own
>Huge sandbox to jump and grind all over
>Pull off tricks 24/7, even surfing on the ground like a Luigi player's wet dream
>Online co-op missions, including a mission creator so you can make your own crazy bullshit
>Soundtrack created by Hideki Naganuma (yes, the same guy who made Jet Set Radio's soundtrack)
>First-person view, and also a TRUE first-person view to allow vomiting onto your monitor while doing tricks
>Only 20bux to purchase, currently 16bux through Steam sale

>This is effectively Jet Set Radio 3
>>
>>379235742
>Even has a soundtrack by Hideki Naganuma, which is a pretty big thing.
>>Soundtrack created by Hideki Naganuma (yes, the same guy who made Jet Set Radio's soundtrack)
It has two tracks by him.
>>
>>379233312
Do you remember Crackdown? Do you remember how the movement was at higher agility levels? Now marry that with Jet Set Radio movement and Aesthetics, and imagine it as a F2P MMO.

Its probably the best description I can give of it.
>>
>>379236095
>Do you remember Crackdown?
Nope.
>>
>>379235869
Seriously? Shit, then I've either been lied to or misinformed. Or both. Regardless, it's still one hell of a game that I can spend some good hours on.
>>
>>379236436
Yeah, although they are the best two tracks in the game and when they kick in boy does the game feel good

Personally I've been having a blast, grinding around a big ass city then going back from the sewers to it and finding yourself being able to scale buildings you previously couldn't feels really good.

My only gripe with it is the upgrade system, where each additional % upgrade to a stat feels less impactful than the last and upgrade slots aren't all there from level 1 so if you want to add another character to the team you have to build them up from the very beginning. Also you have to do the tutorial with new characters and although there's supposedly a shortcut for it it's still fucking dumb and teleports you out of wherever you were.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIgF2fysD8
>>
>>379233312
Movement feels like garbage, akin to a F2P mmo, especially on the pc with jank as fuck framerate due to bad optomization.

Character design feels like something from deviantart

the non naganuma songs are fucking horrible
>>
>>379237525
What feels garbage about it? The grinding is great, jumping has a lot of control to it, there's some neat tech going on, sure your opinions aren't being effected by your framerate?
>>
>>379237525
Hi-jump is pretty good
>>
>>379237789
The framerate is fine in the tutorial area, and on console where I also played.

Compared to JSR it doesn't have any feeling of momentum, and compared to JSRF it doesn't have any feeling of speed. It still feels like an early access game made in unity that needs to be worked on, nothing about the movement really feels satisfying (especially since you have to level it up)

combine this with the really bad framing device and meh objectives and the game doesn't feel fun at all
>>
>>379238001
It's got plenty of momentum, assuming you're using overhover and actually using slopes to gain speed when possible, going fast feels like going fast, bouncing is pretty effective at keeping yourself moving too

I hate to pull this card on you because it's a crowd favorite, but you might be just a little bit bad
>>
>>379238173
no, I get the techniques, I just don't enjoy the fundamental movement enough to care

it has momentum and speed but not in ways that feel satisfying, and not at all like JSR/F
>>
>>379238264
How recently did you play JSR/F? Just out of curiosity
>>
>>379238465
About a month ago
>>
>>379237789
I get 60fps all the time and the game flows like fuckin water, dont listen to the peasants
>>
>>379238875
Shame, guess you just have weird opinions on momentum
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.