[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I give DaS2 a chance and play it for myself? Or listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
Should I give DaS2 a chance and play it for myself? Or listen to the "DaS2 is bad" meme?
>>
>>379231790
That's a dumb question
>>
>>379231790
You can definitely notice the lack in quality compared to other soulsborne titles, but it's still a fun game. I've gone through SotFS and beat every boss (besides the coop bosses). It also has the best weapon move sets and pvp. You can also duel wield in it.
>>
>>379231790
It sucks cock but you should still decide that for yourself, especially if you liked DS1.
>>379231849
Also this.
>>
It's a really shitty game but you should play it yourself just so you can understand why
>>
>>379232287
Pretty much this.

I need to add, it actually has some of the best ideas, some areas and most bosses have gimmicks that go further than "faster and stronger hits the second half" like most of ds3, but most of it was poorly executed.

Thats how i describe ds2: great ideas, poorly executed.
>>
It's bad, but always make your own mind about something if you're curious about it.
>>
It's actually really fucking shit. The whole game I was waiting for the throwaway bosses to end and the real ones to start, but then before I realized it, I was at the end of the fucking game. None of the bosses were good at all, so if you play for that don't buy it. None of the areas were really awe-inspiring either, so if you're looking for good level design, don't buy it. The PvP is the only redeeming factor in this game, but I don't think it's enough.
>>
>>379231790
At the end of the day i'd still rather play Dark Souls 2 than most other games released in the same year.
>>
DaS2 being bad is a gigantic meme perpetuated by nostalgiatards and graphical elitists.

It's actively superior to DeS and DaS1 in many respects and you have no excuse for skipping it. Get SotFS and fucking do your homework.
>>
>>379232587
Forgot to add, it is my favorite of the series because im a sucker for the new ideas, even if poorly executed.
>>
>>379232587
I personally wouldn't say that it was poorly executed, just not the best execution. It was somewhere in between.
>>
>>379232287
>coop bosses
What?
>>
File: 04-4.jpg (72KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
04-4.jpg
72KB, 750x410px
>>379232825
This

>Best mechanics
>Most content
>Least Linear
>Most balanced stat system
>Best NG+
>Best DLC
>Best PVP
>Best Spellcasting
>Powerstance
>HP degradation upon death
>Wretch Status
>>
File: 1452555371522.jpg (65KB, 595x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452555371522.jpg
65KB, 595x800px
>>379231790
absolutely, despite all the shit it gets it's still really good and I would defiantly give it a go.
>>
>>379233064
Blue smelter, the gank boss in the first dlc, and the other two cats after the frozen fuck fest
>>
Great PVP and build variety. Shit ton of content and extremely inconsistent level of quaity.
>>
>>379232901
Yes, it was poorly executed compared to ds1 and bb, but like some anon said, Ds2 is leagues above anything else reases the same year.
>>
I bought into the meme until i replayed SotFS
now I like it better 1 and 3
>>
If you like the other From games then the atmosphere of the three DLCs alone is worth the 20 bucks it will probably cost you... in this humble leaf's opinion...
>>
>>379231790
If you listened to /v/ you'd think every single game is trash with zero exceptions.
>>
Don't listen to anyone about DaS2 being bad, it's a very strong DaS title, and a good game overall. I feel like it's superior to DaS3 since that game was just a BB reskin.
Cool weapons + cool armor + dope music + fitting music = pretty good game
>>
>>379231790
Its fine if you play it after ds1

Feels slow compared to ds3/bb

I prefer the original but people swear by sotfs
>>
>>379234024
And I'm mostly talking about sunken crown. I've made characters just to do that area.
>>
Ds2 with a couple graphic tweaks is my favorite of the series. Even above Sotfs because that one cant be modded.

It looks like in the trailers, strong contrast of dark and light, need to use the torch, etc.

The enemy placement of the original really dont bother me at all. The only true annoying enemy in the game (the castle red phantom) still there
>>
>>379233391

I beat all those bosses with a solo melee character on my first try. Literally just git gud
>>
It's a good game OP, don't listen to everyone saying it's extremely bad. I mean it clearly has its flaws, and was a let down from DaS1, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

It may depend on what version you're playing. I don't really remember the original, but playing SoTFS on PS4 was pretty fun.

there's a way to adjust your ADP (I think that's the stat) so your rolls have the same iFrames as DaS1..i've been meaning to replay the game since I didn't know that my first run).
>>
>>379231790
torrent the softs edition
It's a fun time on pc
>>
>>379234713
2cats is the only hard one of the coop bosses. This dont mean the others are actually good, though. One is a rehash, the other is really simplistic and boring.
>>
i HATED the game when it first came out. I bought SOTFS on the ps store for 20 bucks and I had an absolute blast with it. a lot of great new additions to the series and by far the best fashion of the series. BB is still the best soulsbourne game but i'd probably put SOTFS right underneath it
>>
DaS2>BB

fucking fight me. Just beat DaS2 and about 3/4 through BB. only thing it does better is lore and atmosphere.
>>
>>379232825
DaS2 was significantly worse than DaS1 on release and is too reliant on throwing tons of enemies at once to be challenging. The DLC helped it a lot, but there are plenty of people that can't get the bad taste of vanilla DaS2 out of their mouths.
>>
>>379237218
BB does almost everything better than DaS2 and has better DLC get the fuck out of here
>>
>>379237942
it did nothing better except make the souls games even more casual. It's a button mashing shit fest that is linear as fuck, in both the progression and character growth.

It sucked as a game.
>>
>>379231790
It's the worst in the series, play it only if you're starved for Souls.
Don't let the Souls 2 cult fool you into thinking it's not the worst.
>>
BB and SotFS are love
>>
>>379231790

It's skippable but it's not THAT bad if you decide to play it. Do whatever feels right, just don't expect the best game in the series.
>>
File: 1465661510024.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465661510024.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
It's not as good as the other two, especially if you don't care about PvP, but you should play it and form your own opinions instead of listening to shitposters on the internet. Even if you don't really like it, it's still playable if you just want more souls games.
>>
>>379238165
DaS2 is linear as fuck. No connectivity between linear pathways up to primal bonfires. The only non-linear part of the game is right at the beginning, and BB has the exact same amount of choice at the beginning.
>button mashing
fucking what
Bloodborne makes attacking an appealing alternative to running away and healing every time you take a hit, that is a good thing.
>>
File: 2017-05-31-12-16-11-.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31-12-16-11-.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
>>379238509
>Bloodborne makes attacking an appealing alternative to running away and healing every time you take a hit, that is a good thing

>implying that's not all you do in bloodborne
>>
>>379231790
If you like the Souls series already then you'll probably enjoy it. I wouldn't let it be your first introduction to the souls games though.
>>
DaS2 can be easily exploitable though since enemies stop spawning after their 15th respawn(yeah I know theres an item to bring them back but still).

You kill some enemies, run to bonfire, and repeat until they no longer respawn and spend those souls to level up after that and keep doing it till theres no more enemies in the area and then kill boss and rinse and repeat in the next area and so forth.

That alone makes the game easier due to that.
>>
You should definitely play it, it's not that bad. But they fell for the bigger better meme and the game has more quantity than quality. It's needlessly long.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.