[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Hitman fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Hitman-feat.jpg (129KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Hitman-feat.jpg
129KB, 2048x1152px
Hitman was lauded multiple times on /v/, but in the end it flopped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqAF2j_X-_c

Sqare Enix is selling the Hitman franchise off.
>>
>>379220406
The episodic format SE forced io to do scared off a lot of people despite the game actually being pretty good
>>
drm aside, the "live experience" was lazy as shit. they added challenges that people just beat in 5 minutes by abusing contracts mode instead of changing up the actual missions. elusive targets were kinda neat at first then just got really fucking lazy. episodic shit did not help at all. despite the tutorial level paris still ended up being a tutorial level.
>>
when the fuck is he going to give us that video on Bioshock Infinite
>>
It was Square's idea to make it into episodes and IO did pretty well with the format. I liked the 'giant map with multiple uses' idea.

Problem is the format takes a while to pick up because few people are going to pay a season ticket for a tutorial and one Paris map. It sounded like it only really picked up when the last episode released and people were sure of the quality but it was too late by then.

Basically Square being short-sighted idiots again. At least they're allowing IO to keep the Hitman license instead of sitting on it.
>>
Hitman was a financial success and the next two seasons were already greenlite. The problem is the Japanese branch of SE is trying to save face by mitigating losses by selling the valuable IO studio and its brands to compensate for the lackluster sales of FFXV. I hope THQ Nordic buys or makes a deal with IO.
>>
>>379221168
>Problem is the format takes a while to pick up because few people are going to pay a season ticket for a tutorial and one Paris map.
That's a problem all those early-access permanent-connection denuvo-drm (= terrible) games have: Too much good competition.
My backlog with great physical offline single player games is so big in 2017, that don't have to bother all with wasting my time on failed fleecing experiments.
>>
>>379221168
>At least they're allowing IO to keep the Hitman license instead of sitting on it.
About that, do we have confirmation of that? Also didn't IO have to fire a lot of people last month because SE sucked them dry?
>>
>>379222121
Yep, we actually got confirmation that they get the right to do a season two before we learned about the lay offs
>>
>>379222121
there was a bunch of news that io gets to keep hitman (not sure if it was ever officially confirmed) but whether or not they have the resources to actually release and support season 2 by themselves is the question, especially if they're intent on pushing always online again since that requires server infrastructure as well ioi doing mass layoffs.
>>
>>379220406
Because it's FUCKING BORING. You just walk around and sneaky sneak while you abuse the ai's shit code and kill a dude. THat's it over and over it's the same thing it's boring.
>>
I didn't buy it until it hit sub-$15 because I don't like games as a service.
>>
>>379223081
What precisely do you expect from a stealth game about assassinations?
>>
>>379220406
I hated the elusive targets. Why the fuck would you make content for a game that people could only play for one 48 hour period.
>>
>>379223484
And only once. I really hoped they were going to unlock those later or at least circulate them, so people have another chance at beating them.
>>
>>379223081
god i no rite why aren't there more guns and vehicles
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.