[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: Vindictus_Logo.jpg (53KB, 392x381px) Image search: [Google]
Vindictus_Logo.jpg
53KB, 392x381px
What went wrong?
>>
Very little interaction between players made it feel empty
I have always had terrible issues with the server when trying to party in general
>>
Too much grinding.
Emphasis on gear, but upgrading is a roulette wheel.
>>
>>379213705
wasnt advertised enough
minimal interaction between players
not optimized
not the sort of game that appeals to a large base of players bar chinks gooks and weebs
heavy grind
infested with bot
fucking ran by Nexon
repetitive as hell

glad i sold my acc before it really went down under
>>
>>379213517
Nexon
>>
>tfw I still play this game on and off
7 years and I just can't completely drop it
>>
>>379213517

Is it worth revisiting? Last time I played there were only 3-4 characters.

Also is there a decent alternative for Vindictus? Kinda craving this type of gameplay.
>>
>>379216493
Black Desert Online and Dragon Nest have similar gameplay.
>>
File: vindictus.webm (1MB, 496x292px) Image search: [Google]
vindictus.webm
1MB, 496x292px
nothing

>>379216493
dauntless, unfortunately.
>>
>>379216594
No, they do not. TPS action MMOs are not on the same tier as Vindictus's combat.

The only one that's similar is PSO2, and even that is primarily about one-shotting bosses and fighting waves of trash enemies.

Vindictus is much more of a Monster Hunter game than any other MMO on the market right now.
>>
>>379213517
Nexon, shit performance, slow updates, freemium bullshit, RNG enhancements
and they're about to make it worse with the RISE update
>>
>>379216594

BDO has no dungeons / raids though, not sure if I would enjoy it.

DN gfx style is not my cup of tea.
>>
>>379216846
>they're about to make it worse with the RISE update
Since /vindg/ died I haven't looked into anything korea has been doing with Mabinogi Heroes. Scared to know what they could do to make it worse

>>379217460
DN is more of a hotkey game anyways, I enjoyed it in the past but it's really not like Vindictus
>>
>>379213517
>mmo
>on source
but why
>>
>>379216663
I hate to be that guy but sauce please? I didnt find anything on google.
>>
>>379217850

not the guy that posted that webm but try searching "vindictus SFM"
>>
I really enjoyed it at first. Was pretty grindtastic, requiring playing missions and defeating bosses over and over again to get the items you needed to make the next armor set or weapon.

The further it went on, though, the worse the grinding got. It reached the point where you pretty much had to spend 2-3 weeks of playing the same few missions over and over again to get everything you needed for the next set of equipment.

Then there's the boat issue. When I first started playing, I could fill up a boat (find other players to go on the mission with me) within a minute. By the time episode 6 rolled around, I was having to wait 10+ minutes. This was always exacerbated when a new character was introduced, because a lot of players would drop their high level characters to try out the new one, sending them back to the episode 1 boats.

I think it really needed more variety. People would have stuck around longer if not for the missions being so repetitive.
>>
File: 1348518730877.png (86KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
1348518730877.png
86KB, 302x302px
Mostly being Free to Play:

Fills the Community with idiots and even worse: Russians
Like every f2p MMO it went from "dumb cosmetics" to pay to win
Has to look like shit so it can run on even the most worn down siberian toaster from the 1980's
Has to be filled with grinding to fuel the autists and make normies hand out their sheckels
Next to no cheating / bot protection / measures against currency spammers
N E X O N

Basically everything that isn't the combat system.
>>
It was a real slow start

I remember playing in the beta and I blew through all the content in like a week

It took them months to release another weeks worth of content

I had a good time revisiting it after a bunch of stuff came out but it was pretty dead at that point
>>
>>379218098
I know what you mean. I think I played for a bit last year because I took advantage of the returning playerr bonuses and stuff, but I got bored having to solo everything, and then getting walled by stuff that isn't meant to be solo'd, like that giant you have to fire ballistae at.
>>
I still have memories of playing through the beta up until I quit when the grinding got terrible and getting maxed out weapons from rng was fucking dumb. Real shame since i adore the combat and lore
>>
underwear and enchanting

botting in open beta was breddy fun, I got to really enjoy the game with the shit load of gold I made
>>
Same here, there is literally nothing like Vindictus combat, and the lore was somewhat interesting but it suffered from being a KR game
>>
>>379213517
It suck big dick compared to mabinogi. It was a faggot like OP
>>
File: 1352081226382.jpg (371KB, 1200x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1352081226382.jpg
371KB, 1200x1633px
A tad too grindy
Cash shop on some stupid things like dyeing, which is already a lottery
Not enough customization despite having locked classes/characters
Having to pay big bucks for everything, especially the fishing bits which were overpriced as all fuck

I liked the fishing bits and thought it was fun because it was a fucking arm mounted harpoon launcher. That's just awesome.
>>
Lost interest when I realized class was tied to gender. Lazy excuse not to create armor for males and females.
>>
>>379213517

who /NFA/ here?

Girl admins and their pets ruined the guild
>>
>>379216846
what is coming with this RISE update?
>>
>>379213517
gender locked characters.
severe feature/gear bloat over the years.
cash shop shenanigans with 'underwear'. to be specific, the vast majority of late game armor will show skin on the characters, and unless you buy their stupid cash only underwear you can see the long johns everyone wears by default and it fucks up the entire look
too much grinding. WAY too much.
quest bloat.
typical korean 'upgrade' system where they milk you for items to guarantee upgrade chance, and if you dont buy them you basically shoot yourself in the foot because your shit will break or delevel.
on a personal note, STILL no characters im interested in player. i will only play male characters, i don't like ranged so kai is out. i have no interest in being a hulk wannabe with a dumb ass totem pole so karok is out. i dont want to be a faggy little fuccboi with 2 toothpick """""spears"""" (they arent spears) so lann is out. hurk had promise but i just fucking HATE how he plays.

i guess the biggest complaint i have is the massive amount of grinding. just getting to high levels to do anything relevant will take you years unless you autistically play every single minute of the day every day, in which case itll take you probably half a year.

its a shame because its combat system is really good.
>>
>>379219816
>getting a female in power
Whew lad
>>
>>379219732
I'd imagine creating a second set of animations to be a bigger hurdle than designing new models.
>>
>>379213517
Nexon.
I played this game like crazy back in the day. I ended up crashing my own addiction to it because the gambling was utterly ridiculous and I found myself spending hundreds of bucks.
>>
File: 34515135.png (166KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
34515135.png
166KB, 400x400px
>>379213517
Good Combat, but RNG so bad you'll be sick of the game before you can craft the items you want

If you do happen to craft those sexy lv 90 +15 shit you quickly realize theres nothing left to do in the game and drop it
That was pretty much my vindictus expierence, Their content updates are a whopping 1 raid and a few boring dungeon crawling missions. You do that raid 400 times for a rare chance to get a material for a wepaon that will most likely blow up anyway.

It gets tiring.
>>
I was literally playing this game not even 20 minutes ago. I am honestly sad about how dead it is.
>>
>>379220445
I'm itching to play it again, but right now I'm just waiting to see what events they're gonna run to try and draw people back in the for the summer
>>
I duno how none of you have mentioned the shitty ass peer to peer connection system. You join the wrong host and the game was literally unplayable
>>
>>379220772
dont be stupid, anon. everyone solos everything in vindictus.

seriously though.

i made a character a while ago and got to level 40ish before i saw one actual party.
>>
Dragons Dogma online is pretty close in a lot of ways. You just have to jump through a lot of hoops before you can play.
>>
>>379220709
The reason I was playing was for the free outfitter event. That and it's been roughly a year since I played. The combat is still amazing but the game is just dead as fuck.
>>
File: vella.jpg (472KB, 782x1165px) Image search: [Google]
vella.jpg
472KB, 782x1165px
>not watching the RISE update fucking Koreans over
>>
>>379222085
What happened?
>>
>>379213517
I loved season 1
But season 2 and the jungle looking place was not comfy at all and lost all interest.
>>
File: goyim.jpg (41KB, 422x408px) Image search: [Google]
goyim.jpg
41KB, 422x408px
>>379222370
+20 weapons and the new director burning it all down
>>
>>379216846
Oh god, I'm reading the update now. Jeez it was all looking kinda promising and then bam
>Maximum available Enhance Rank is changed to +20
That's fucking depressing man and then there's
>A new stat, “Stagger Resistance” (kinda like Standing Endurance), will be added to enhanced armors.
>The new stat will grant immunity to flinches when hit by chance.
>Damage will still be taken, so it is advised to dodge the attacks.
>The chance to resist flinches become greater as the player gets more “RES against flinches when hit” stats.
why why why why whhhhhhhhhhhy

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f3DIfqw9N7KpTVux2E2GpsIPD0fdvX7ke-mGvAaFr2o

There's so many seemingly decent improvements and then this stuff just bring it all down, it really is depressing.
>>
>>379219816
im so sorry hite
>>
>>379222598
>+20 weapons
I'm laughing right now.

Are you serious? They're actually trying to push it even further after the shitfest that +15 weapons already were?

What the fuck?

Tell me there's a good guide for setting up a private server. I like action games and Vindictus is just good enough to scratch the itch a little, but holy fucking shit, it's like they're trying to nuke it on purpose to get people to move on to a newer MMO.
>>
>>379219816
Good riddance to you clowns.
>>
>>379222767
>hite

Not him but he hasn't been online on steam in over a year. I hope he's ok. We were good buddies.
>>
Okay, but does anyone remember this sex mod that had unlockable scenes with NPCs? I can't be the only one. It was drawn, like the portraits. I played around before they added the bow dude and pillar nigger.
>>
File: +16.gif (3MB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
+16.gif
3MB, 500x301px
>>379222805
>>
>>379223179
That just looks incredibly tacky.
>>
>>379223045
I remember that
>>
File: i15686644102.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i15686644102.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
You can also make your characters BnS oily now
>>
>>379223261
Man, I wish I knew where it went. A couple weeks ago I was looking for it like crazy. I honestly thought it may've been some fever dream I cooked up from old images on paheal. Thank you for speaking up anon.

More games need those types of mods.
>>
>>379221018
People solo things now? Back when I played about 3 years ago people were still doing things via that shitty boat system. But how do you do raids if you solo it?

>>379222085
I've havn't been keeping in the loop with VIndictus, what's RISE?
>>
>>379223384
Since when did Shirow become the art director for this game?
>>
File: i13117687492.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i13117687492.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>379223829
wouldn't surprise anyone if that was long ago
>>
>>379213517

They enforced region locking, so they suffered. They refused to make the game available to everyone at the same time.
>>
I sometimes come back to the site and check what's going on in the game. It pains me each time to see that a new update is literally a """"raid"""" consisting of two reused bosses in one reused map

I really do miss this game
>>
>>379223981
who the hell is that? lann?
>>
>>379224280
Hurk with his second weapon, don't really know how it works since I never looked into it.
>>
>>379224280
>>379224418
Hurk's second weapon, it's like some kind of gunblade
>>
>>379224198
But how would making the game have a global server even work with that shitty peer to peer system. If I tried connecting with someone on the east coast I could barely play.
>>
>>379224463
Do you get a free one to try out with the returning player package crap?
>>
File: 1.jpg (389KB, 640x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
389KB, 640x1224px
>>379224671
We don't even have it yet
>>
>>379224671
No clue, but I imagine like the other new weapon events you get a free pre enchanted and enhanced one to try out for like a month
>>
Is this RISE update live?

I have to be honest, as a low level player who played once years ago, reading these changes kind of makes me want to give it another go. Mostly because everything below max level is changed to be soloable and not have such whacked out difficulty levels and endless grind.
>>
>>379225502
It's not live, I think it's really new in Korea so we probably won't get it until the winter
>>
File: BONE.gif (894KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
BONE.gif
894KB, 300x167px
>>379225006
>left
Why is less always more?
>>
>>379216801
>Vindictus is much more of a Monster Hunter

are you fucking retarded?

>pso2
>one shotting bosses

yes you are.
>>
>>379225647
alrighty then time to fuck off until december
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.