[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on ESO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16

Redpill me on ESO
>>
It's one of the best MMOs on the market with the best payment structure but nobody every talks about it. Got a $15 key off g2a and never looked back. I'd suggest anybody interested in MMOs and/or TES to do the same. Just remember it's not canon.
>>
>>379204404
Worse skyrim with terrible servers. The free weekend servers were up and down constantly the entire time. It was an issue that had been around for years but no one fixed it. Not even for the free weekend. They didn't fix it until they all came back for work and everyone else ran out of time to play it.

Shit game, shit servers, shit service. Waste of time and money. It's also a huge download.
>>
File: worksonmymachine.png (30KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
worksonmymachine.png
30KB, 200x193px
>>379204785

¯\_(ツ)_/¯When was this, back at launch? I dropped out of the closed beta because the game was a clusterfuck then. Gave it another shot two years later and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
>>
>>379205138
No it was like 2 months ago. The last time they had a sale. I got it on sale to play with some friends and I couldn't even play it for a majority of the weekend.
>>
File: eso64 2017-05-26 16-31-26-98.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eso64 2017-05-26 16-31-26-98.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>379204404
Nostalgiafags will like the new expansion.
>>
>>379204404

It's a lot of fun despite some flaws such as floaty combat. At launch it was definitely mediocre but as of now it's worth a shot and probably the only worthwhile standard MMO aside from FFXIV. Of course, if you don't like MMO's at all you still wont enjoy ESO.
>>
File: 1496662838319.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1496662838319.png
227KB, 635x661px
>>379205638
i'm a burnout wowfag looking for a purpose
>>
>>379204404
its basically a standard eso game except with actual endgame and multiplayer with the lore being twice as canon. It's elder scrolls 6, the best one so far.
>>
File: 1492760529754.gif (352KB, 499x289px) Image search: [Google]
1492760529754.gif
352KB, 499x289px
>>379204404
Terrible wanna be skyrim engine and combat with some of the worst cry babies you'll ever have the pleasure of playing with. The game admins ban people left and right with little to no reason. Admins will ban you if they just plain don't like you. Knew a guy who who said bitch as a joke in world chat and lost his account. When he tried appealing it the Eso team basically told him they are free to ban people with out explaining why. Most of the player base whine and complain for almost no reason. You'll often walk into taverns in the game and see people role playing. I got the game for 8 dollars so I don't feel too cheated. Buyer beware. Google banned eso on google to see what I mean.
>>
PvP is fun, everything else in that game is boring as fuck. Full of idiotic design choices and made by amateurs, worth about 10$ tops. Morrowind "expansion" is a pure cashgrab with about 45 minutes worth of content.
>>
>>379206168
>You'll often walk into taverns in the game and see people role playing

that sounds pretty cool though
>>
>>379204404
it's very average. it tries to be like a traditional ES game and doesn't do it very well. it tries to be a MMO and is pretty middling. nothing about it really stands out.

environments are very pretty, characters are ass ugly. combat's okay, but probably not enough so to take you through hours of gameplay. game has a lot of server issues, too.
>>
>>379204404

imagine a MMO, that punished you for Leveling, gives you no advantages for playing with friends, has tedious fetch quest, that span over the whole map.
Mediocre pvp, with somewhat fun objectives and tries way too hard to be a wow clone
>>
>>379204404
It's easily the best Elder Scrolls game.
The MMO side is pretty weak though, it could just as well be a single player game, unless you're into PvP
>>
File: Screenshot_20170604_201617.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170604_201617.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
It's legitimately fun as fuck.

Something I couldn't squeeze out of FFXIV for three fucking years. I have no idea why I subjected myself to that slog.

The payment model is really good. Free to play without DLC, sub to get DLC and some quality of life stuff.

Lots of good roleplay. Lots of character freedom and customization. Cute lizard girls.

It's my favorite MMO that I've played in years.
>>
>>379206807
>tries way too hard to be a wow clone
It really doesn't, and that's what makes it stand out
>>
>>379204404

Skyrim; Except there's no mods to make your characters not look like shit, and the lore is twice as raped.
That's about it.
>>
Skyrim babies hate it because you can't be a stealth archer.
MMO babies hate it because you can't make Korean waifus.
>>
>>379206964

well it tried back when i first played it.

but it still feels very empty
>>
Its basically Skyrim but with some MMO elements tacked onto it.
You might as well just play Skyrim with mods and get the same experience but with more customization.
>>
>>379207150
And a fraction of the content. And no good dungeons. And worse combat. And worse voice acting.
>>
>>379207150
I'd say it's Skyrim with game mechanics that actually make sense, and that's a huge improvement
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>379207262
>>
File: 1397067789744.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1397067789744.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
Eso is typical american garbage.
>>
>>379207262
i want to play morrowind
>>
>>379204404
Can you play it like Skyrim and just explore shit or is it more quest focused?
>>
>>379206895
Shit lore doe
>>
>>379207853
The whole point is that you can play it exactly like Skyrim and just walk around to explore and do whatever comes your way.

There's still dungeons and quests and stuff, but you're never really shoehorned into a linear progression path. Just do what you want and you'll level.
>>
Someone redpill me on the gold edition. Orsinium/Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood shit any good? What if you're a wizard or a fighter or whatever? I never joined the sneaky guilds when I was a non-sneaker in regular TES games but I have no idea how ESO goes about it.
>>
>>379207957
Theives guild can be done regardless of your class. It's nifty and useful but 100% optional.

Sub to Gold to get the DLC + free goy coins, then after a few months use the free coins to buy the DLCs so you don't have to remain subbed.
>>
>>379207853
Don't listen to anyone who says that you can
You can but only technically, it is very clear that the most of the world is instanced as fucked and most areas are tied to some quest.
There is also not much to find readomly other than some chests, thief vaults and books, don't expect Morrowind tier random cool infractions and secrets because it's a theme park MMO and we wouldn't want you to have actual freedom now would we.
>>
>>379207262
roll for a 8

>>379207927

cool thanks
>>
File: eso.jpg (918KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
918KB, 1920x1080px
what we have now:

>9 provinces of tamriel in base game
>all of cyrodiil
>coldharbour (molag bal's realm of oblivion)
>craglorn
>imperial city
>imperial city sewers
>the gold coast (anvil and kvatch)
>hew's bane in high rock
>orsinium (orc land)
>player housing with literally thousands of items and dozens of potential homes

what we are getting in the next year:

>morrowind
>black marsh
>clockwork city (dwarven province)
>spiral skein (Mephala's plane of oblivion)
>spell crafting
>jewelry crafting

why the fuck aren't you playing the best MMO on the market?
>>
>>379207957
Main game is absolute vomit trash story and quest wise, dlc are progressively better
>>
>>379207927
>>379207853

He forgets the part where there's actually nothing to really explore and all areas are still made as quest grounds, with enemies sorted around like any other basic MMO for quest-related stuff, and you'll find nothing beyond gathering points unless what you want to do is, in fact, quests.
And the dungeons are also tied to quests.
And you are locked out of several areas without he main quest.

So yeah, nah.
>>
>>379208056
I can't tell you how wrong this post is.

You can literally go to any area, it will match your current level, and you can just explore and do quests that you find, raid crypts, that sort of thing.
>>
File: It's a trap!.jpg (26KB, 227x193px) Image search: [Google]
It's a trap!.jpg
26KB, 227x193px
>>379204404
It's another Everquest/ WoW clone with the same awful combat, the same grind-focused design and the same quantity and variety over quality that all of these games have.

If you like Skinner boxes go play it, if not, stay away from it.
>>
>>379208069
Because it's fucking my favorite setting in the ass, raw, and turning it into theme park trash where nothing is subtle.
>>
>>379207262
one one one one one one one
>>
>>379208193
>I have never even watched a video of this game: the post
>>
Got to champion level 160 and can't be bothered to level any higher, I don't see how anyone can grind all the way to 600
>>
I use eso for chill world exploration with friends after work. if you take your time, listen to the dialogue and read the books its a nice experience.
>>
>>379208164

Son, stop being delusional. There is literally nothing in the overworld to do that is not tied to a quest.
You can go around being a nutjob that opens random quests and random dungeons for no reason; the only thing you are doing is likely screw the questchain and miss out on rewards.
Literally take your fanboy glasses off and accept the faults of your game like a fucking man.
>>
The lore looks absolutely dogshit though
>>
>>379206895
How's this f2p?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_standard
>>
>>379208235
t. never actually played the game
>>
>>379207262
Roll for gaem
>>
>>379204404
It's a shitty MMO.

/thread
>>
>>379208164
What did I say that is wrong?
Areas are clearly made for quests and work as instances, exploration itself has almost no value because world doesn't just exist for itself
> Cool, a redguard temple
> Oh it's part of a shit DC quest
Also removing levels made main quest jarring and even more shit.
>>
>>379207262
I'll take an 8, thanks
>>
>>379208374
its not free to play, it's buy to play. and considering the base game goes on sale for less than 10 dollars all the fucking time, the current version with all the dlc goes on sale for 30 bucks all the time, and that the special morrowind edition has the base game and all the dlc and the morrowind expansion for like 60 bucks at the moment, its a good deal
>>
>>379207262
damn
sucks to be you
>>
>>379208472
Not since Daggerfall has there been random buildings of importance in the middle of nowhere that don't have a quest or something tied to it.

and for the record, ESO does have delves which don't have any quest tied to it at all. Just a skyshard and delve boss(es)
>>
>>379208506
Oh shit, g2a has the base game for 10 euros. Should I get it?
>>
File: laughing bitches.png (834KB, 578x607px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches.png
834KB, 578x607px
>>379207886
>Plays MMOs for lore.
>>
>>379208390
Have 160 hours on steam
Played it enough senpai, enough to make a verdict
And I trust my judgement more than some random anon because I spent more than ten years on this fucking lore.
>>
>>379207262
dubs

I pre-order every collectors edition Bethesda game from here on out
>>
Good MMO that will never get properly discussed on /v/ because of a terrible launch and a pretty bland base game.

/tesog/ however is a great general albeit a slow one
>>
>>379207262

Rollin'
>>
>>379204404
>Start game
>Go through hilariously bad tutorial
>Finish some terribly paced introductory storyline
>YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
>Except that
>Go run around and talk to NPCs that have nothing to say
>Then run around exploring all of these areas that have nothing in them
>Loot a shitload of garbage that you will just NPC or use for crafting
>Look at this amazing variety of crafting styles!
>They all look like shit.
>All armors look like shit.
>All weapons look as uninspired as humanly possible.
>Psst
>Pay 10 bux to not look like abortion
>... Even then cash shop gear looks like trash
>Go around two shotting things to the tune of terrible theme park "Pls halp bandits" quests and illusion of choice quest endings
>Progressively look worse as you piece together horrible looking outfits you require for the stats

It's truly quite a harrowing experience to go through what Skyrim would be if modders weren't there to fix it.
>>
>>379208326
Shit is tied to quests, but there are quests everywhere you look. If you pick a direction and go there, you will almost always find shit to do and collect.

>You can go around doing the thing I said you can't do but who would do that?!?

Kill yourself
>>
>>379208792
I got bored of ESO grind and quests aren't fun, I don't give a shit about Eso anymore
What I care about is effect of ESO on future Tes lore
>>
>>379208069
Go away Todd
>>
>>379209051
Todd did not develop ESO
It had zero fucking tes devs from any era working on it
>>
>>379208802
oh really, point to JUST ONE SINGLE THING lorewise that outright contradicts the previous lore

by the way, your MUH CYRODIIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE A JUNGLE was rightfully retconned. septim used CHIM to remove the jungle in the present and in the past. it makes no sense to keep it a jungle from a gameplay or lore perspective

>B-B-B-BUT I DON'T LIKE IT WAAAAAAAAAAAH

too fucking bad, it's canon and doesn't contradict anything. and the ES lore was very often open-ended anyways so dont act like finally getting an answer to a question is a bad thing.
>>
>>379208964

And this here is the perfect example of someone wanting HARD to indulge in denial.

>So can I play the game for the exploration?
>No, there is nothing but layouts for quests.

>BUT THERE ARE QUESTS EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!
>Quests that are tied to other quests in a quest line.
>UH YEAH BUT YOU CAN LOOT THINGS WITH NO VALUE, FOR NO REASON, IN RANDOM PLACES, OR DO THE QUESTS THAY YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO TO BEGIN WITH

10/10 MMO selling, would subscribe
>>
>>379208884
>am i fitting in yet guys?
>>
>>379209048
>What I care about is effect of ESO on future Tes lore

retards like you say this in every thread but can't put up a single reason as to why ESO is bad for the lore that isn't subjective.

you probably throw a temper tantrum when a protagonist in a movie does something you dont like or agree with.
>>
>>379208069

>spell crafting

The fevered dream of a mad man.
>>
>>379209495
It's not 100% dead yet, they mentioned it via Twitter as still being worked on.
>>
>>379209382
>t-that'll show him p-p-point out shit on my escapism s-s-s-simulator! h-heh
>>
is this any fun co-op?

like leveling and dungeon running w my bro
>>
>>379209595
Quests are awful for co-op because you can accidentally go into different quest instances if you pick different options in the quest.

However doing dungeons/delves/public dungeons etc in a group is pretty fun if you try to duo things meant for 4 players.
>>
>>379208506
doesnt eso have some kind of subscriber system?
im not going to also pay monthly for additional qol improvements

all or nothing
>>
File: 1480717383535.gif (2MB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
1480717383535.gif
2MB, 500x228px
>boot up ESO on PC
>get to character select screen
>try to change the resolution
>suddenly I'm locked out from clicking on anything and have to alt+tab out.

Had to refund the game twice now. Guess I'm never playing this game.
>>
>>379207262
Rolling, but im not touching ESO even if i roll 0 because the lore rape gives me cancer and i cant afford chemo.
>>
>>379204404
at best its average, 5 abilities only unless you count 10 with a weapon switch which is still dumb as fuck and one of the worst parts is its class based instead of letting you unlock and mix and match every skillline like a real elder scrolls game should.
>>
>>379207262
>Nobody has gotten morrowind
>>
>>379209284
well first of all the factions they made would never align with eachother
>>
might as well ask here..Should i get the GOTY morrowind or is there any weird fuckups with mod compatibility?
>>
>>379209590
>edgy
>>
>>379209928
12, with weapon switch. You will always be expected to be using all 12 skills to the best of your abilities, swapping weapons as needed.

Classes only give 3 skill lines each, and then every other skill line is open to every kind of character. There are a pretty good amount of skill lines. One line for each weapon type, one line for each armor type, one for each guild, Assault and Support from PvP, the list goes on.
>>
>>379209749
you get 10% bonus xp, access to the DLC for as long as you subscribe (even if you only have the base game, but you can buy the DLC outright anyways and its cheap), and every month you get currency to buy stuff in the cash shop like mounts, costumes, dyes, emotes, crafting motifs, etc. you can otherwise buy this currency with real money and it goes on sale a few times a year. nothing p2w

there no point to subscribe desu
>>
>>379209284
You know how I can tell that you don't know shit about ES lore? Because you assume I even care about Cyrodiil
>Mane is retconed completely into some retarded honorary ritual, not an actual reincarnation of the same prophet/leader
>Entirety of amulet of kings, starting from what it does in ESO to where it is not only contradicts previous Ted games but also means that now someone has to go to Sancre Tor, place it back on the neck of Reman II, reactive magical protection, seal the fortress, forget about it and cause collective amnesia about the whole thing and let it be taken over for Tiber to make any sense at all. I can also go into how metaphysicaly it is fucking impossible for anyone but Dragonborn to use it, hence why Mankar had to fucking rewrite his soul with mehrunes razor and if other ways of using the AMULET would exist not only are Mankar and Dagon dumb, but so is the entire population of Tamriel that relied on Dragonborn heirs of Alessia.
>Dominion doesn't make sense, this dominion has to fall right before Tiber and a new one has to form instantly, stupid.
> Time travel rapes the universe in TES, in DC alone there are at least ten time travel quests and apprentice mage manages to send your consciousness into past on Alessian battlefield, which is psijic tier magic
> Souls ignore laws of the firmament and appear/disappear almost at will
> Resurrection is possible, a miracle which is almost impossible under any circumstances because of how souls work and the only time it happened was KoTN and technically your soul was not severed
Fuck, I can go on.
>>
>>379207262
please morrowind
>>
>>379209778
>playing on PC while having a shit tier PC

found your problem
>>
>>379209468
Mobile won't cut it
Fuck, I'm getting on PC just to explain to autist why ESO lore is bad
Fuck my life
>>
>>379210424
I sub because I like the QoL features (Crafting bag is super nice)

But, yes, there's no real reason to subscribe. It's just little things I enjoy that I don't mind paying extra for.
>>
>playing Western MMOs
you'll only end up like this failure
>>379205706
Sexy Eastern MMOs are for the healthy mind.
>>
>>379210104
they would and they did lorewise even before ESO came out.

you do know what the aldmeri dominion is right? you do know that the akaviri attacked northern tamriel and the nords and dunmer teamed up to fight them off right? i thought you were a lorefag
>>
>>379207262
rollololan
>>
>>379207262
Fuck you I'm playing Morrowind regardless
>>
>>379209928
as opposed to what? the other ES games where you swing your weapon made out of foam and only 2 swing animations, or throw a ball of fire in a straight line? really makes you think
>>
>>379210831
NICE
>>
>>379210460
you are straight up lying about some of those (time travel, dominion in time placement), getting upset about canon retcons or reclassifications like the mane, and your thing about resurrection just shows you haven't played the game even once.

the very first prologue mission is explaining that you lost your soul and can get revived and the whole point of the main story is to get your soul back from molag bal

jesus christ you said you studied the lore for 10 years? i wouldnt think you studied it or even played ESO for 10 seconds with that garbage in your post.

just like i said, retard lorefags bitch about ESO but either can't name anything objectively wrong with the lore and how it handles it or just straight up lies about it. consider suicide.
>>
>>379207262
TESO is shit and Morrowind is still the best.
>>
>>379210514
>implying I have a shit PC and the game isn't just bugged to hell and back
>>
>>379210560
Can't wait to kick your ass like i did to >>379210460

i look forward to you straight up lying, not understanding the lore, or confusing a valid retcon of an already nebulous area of lore with objectively 'ruining' the lore. this should be fun.
>>
>>379211490
t. has a shittier PC than even the third-worlders that play this game
>>
>>379211490
Just post your Speccy if you want to prove him wrong you retard
>>
>that one Redguard who became a thief and blamed it on Redguard society

It's a mediocre MMO but there's a lot of charm to the quests and dialogue
>>
>>379204404
I can't mod it into an sprawling, roleplay sexnasium so it's failed as an elderscrolls game.
>>
>>379211797
>Hasn't gone to the Riften Inn in ESO.
>>
File: Untitled.png (110KB, 1628x999px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
110KB, 1628x999px
>>379211697
>>
It's a good MMO but if you don't like MMO's TESO won't change that.

I also personally feel like none of the character classes are that interesting, but that's just me.
>>
>>379208235
Nope, that was Oblivion
>>
>>379212043
>tfw made fun of nightblade for being shitter class for ~2 years
>finally made one cause bonus xp event
>turns out this class is a blast if played for everyone except a meme stealth archer.
NB Tank/Healer/MagDPS is super fun.
>>
>>379212146
>tfw made fun of nightblade for being shitter class for ~2 years

what the fuck? Nightblade was THE tryhard PvP class for a year and a half and was the best class for a one-shot build once one tamriel dropped
>>
>>379212307
Anon those people ARE the shitters.
>>
>>379212146
>NB Tank/Healer/MagDPS is super fun.

Doing a hybrid build might work while leveling but at anything remotely close to endgame content you will get destroyed/be useless, and that's not even counting how disadvantaged you'll be in PvP.
>>
File: 1486750656427.gif (616KB, 1119x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486750656427.gif
616KB, 1119x1080px
>>379212429
Good thing I just finished tanking Halls of Fabrication on my Nightblade last night. I meant Tank OR Healer not both at once.
>>
>>379209551

I only see 2 options for it. It's either butchered to shit with restrictions and gimmicks or it completely invalidates the class system.
>>
>>379212515
If you did it on normal and didn't do it on vet then it's not endgame content bro

you can do normal trials with your eyes closed and not even a full party
>>
>>379207262
rollerino
>>
>>379212717
Glad to see moving goalposts never ends. I've done everything but vet trials simply because the /tesog/ guild isn't there yet but that doesn't count. I don't see anything stopping this build from scaling into Vet Trials and it's not like DK's provide any more utility, health stacking shields just got gutted.
>>
>>379211376
>time travel
Did you play DC at all?
>Dominion placement
Yes, that Dominion does not exist at this point in time, it has to fall and another Dominion has to form in three hundred years up till Tiber Septim.
> getting upset about canon retcons or reclassifications like the mane
>mane
>reclassification
No, it's a straight up butchering of Mane and why Mane was cool
>and your thing about resurrection just shows you haven't played the game even once
Resurrection is impossible in TES, you are not resurrected, you are a pseudo ada and your soul is filled with Azure plasm and Aetherial energy...technically you are a proto-daedra of some sort in the game, that's irrelevant.
Resurrection happens in the end of DC questline with king Emeric, first lets ignore them fucking up Far Shores which is not meant to be the same kind of afterlife as others and more like a cheat realm to escape Satakals hunger/Kalpic cycle, you just literally take Emerics soul from the realm when you beat Tharn and his soul literally makes funny voices along the lines of
>Woopty doo better squieze back into the body
And he is back alive.
>
jesus christ you said you studied the lore for 10 years? i wouldnt think you studied it or even played ESO for 10 seconds with that garbage in your post.
You don't know jack shit.
>just like i said, retard lorefags bitch about ESO but either can't name anything objectively wrong with the lore and how it handles it or just straight up lies about it. consider suicide.
All I said is straight up facts and you know it.
Amulet of Kings can not figure into the story at all.
Planemeld is bullshit and Mannimarcos plan to fucking "absorb" Molag Bals soul is DnD tier garbage that has no place in TES.
>>
>>379213339
>mannimarco wants to absorb molag bal's soul

Don't tell me this is a real plot point, I'm no expert on the Elder Scrolls creation myth but I'm pretty fucking sure that daedra don't even exist in the same way that mortals do, you can't just suck up a prince's soul for shits and gigs
>>
>>379211376
>>379213339
And don't get me started about how the planemeld and soulburst event in itself is completely contrived and unexplained bullshit that makes NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER.
LETS SEE HOW MANY STEPS MEHRUNES DAGON HAD TO TAKE TO INVADE WITH AMULET OF KINGS AND DRAGONFIRES ACTIVATED
>Wait till Red Mountain is sundered which is one of the towers that are actually relevant to stability of Mundus versus ones that are just mimics of Aurbical structure for different purpose.
>Get a dude to transmute his soul into a Draconic one
>Kill the Dragonborn Emperor and steal the Amulet so that the veil will start getting weaker
>Make multiple gigantic construct drills that literally drill the fabric of the veil so that the invasion can be expanded
>help faggot Mankar create his own plane with help of the Amulet of Kings, a lesser plane which is also connected to your deadlands
>get more power from him, souls of the faggots that actually follower him and the realm itself
>Finally start merging the realms at which point it was literally impossible to stop his plan unless some great miracle would happen
>And it all goes to shit because Martin Septim uses all of the Draconic souls and essence of Aka/Lork to incarnate as avatar of Akatosh, banish avatar of Dagon and create a new covenant.
Also, notice how ESO makes Martins sacrifice trivial and retarded? Because apparently all of the Elder Council, Temple of the One, Ancestor Moth cult and every other high up organization that should have deep insight into inner workings of the universe and at very fucking least their tower and it's stone, the Amulet of Kings, were completely wrong and retarded since any regular joe can muster up energies from Amulet of Kings and defeat a Daedric Prince IN HIS OWN FUCKING REALM with just a tiny fucking sacrifice, and Amulet won't even break.
>>
>>379213976
THIS IS THE PLOT OF ESO
MANNIMARCO
A PERSON WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY ARC AND MOTIVATIONS OUTSIDE OF ESO
WANTS TO BECOME NEW PRINCE OF RAPE AND DOMINATION
I
SHIT
YOU
NOT
AND HE INTENDS TO DO IT BY FUCKING SLURPY SUCKING THE MOLAG BALS SOUL THROUGH AMULET OF KINGS AND ABSORBING IT
These people will tell me that ESO is not fucking cancer vomit garbo.
>>
>>379207262
Waw
>>
>>379204404
It was ok but it got boring after I made it to one of the capital cities in High Rock. I hear that the Morrowind expansion is good but I'm not waiting two full days to reinstall it.
>>
This isn't an ESO thread you dumb faggots. This is /pol/ and /tv/ trying to spread their shit memes here to turn /v/ into yet another containment board. They've been doing the same shit with kino.
>>
>>379210751
>they would and they did lorewise even before ESO came out.
That's a complete and utter lie, these factions DID NOT form in lore because they make zero sense what so ever. These three factions in their current state exist only as an excuse for three faction PVP.
>Aldmeri Dominion
in the state that it is presented in ESO never existed, this is never before recorded version of Aldmeri Dominion that has to fall and reform somehow before Tiber Septim because Dominion in his time is a fucking different one.
Same way everything has to resolve itself with Amulet of Kings for Tiber to find it properly, everything has to resolve itself in Dominion for it to make sense with Tibers story.
>>
File: WP_20170605_18_59_06_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170605_18_59_06_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>379207262
I was playing morrowind till I did this. How bring my stuff back on right click, my spell list, inventory, stats and maps, that is
>>
>>379204654
>spoiler text
I feel like it's one of those "it's not but no one cares so it is" sort of deals.
>>
>>379210751
Except for Dominion didn't exist until 830 and it already exists in 520 in ESO even though PGE specifically refers to dominion formed in 830 as The First Dominion,
>>
>>379214838
It's canon but it conveniently takes place during a dragon break so none of it really matters and Bethesda can ignore the wonkier parts of ESO in later games
>>
>>379215014
It doesn't fucking take place in a Dragonbreak, people assume it fucking does because of wishful thinking.
It's possible but Dragonbreaks usually are recorded because they aren't just time fuck ups
>They are entire periods of time that got collapsed into a different timeline but it's events still happen together with the events of that other timeline and people remember that shit.
People who lived through one thousand year Dragonbreak remember every bit of that shitfest.
>>
>>379204404
>50GB
>15GB updates
>servers can't deliver
>it takes age to download even if you got top tier internet
>latency
Not even talking about gameplay, lore, glitchyness...
>>
>>379211376
Where are you faggot? Got any more useless uninformed opinions about TES lore and ESO?
ESO lore is shit at representing lore, ESO lore retcons shit left and right and it removes and grandure and subtlety from any and all aspects of the lore it touched.
>>
File: man1.jpg (7KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
man1.jpg
7KB, 229x221px
>>379209242
This guy speaks the truth. I like the way this guy thinks. Also, remember to buy bethesda games at full price friends.
>>
>>379214107
I mean
>transmute soul
through
>merging realms
are all steps laggy balls took as well, more or less. the amulet is involved in both plans, replace the drills with the dark anchors, mankar with mannimarco and mythic dawn with worm cult
>>
>>379215960
Todd -sama, is that y-you?
Know that I will always forgive you because you heralded Morrowind...I know that somewhere deep down the same Todd that made Morrowind is still alive.
>>
>>379212875
im not moving the goalposts. at least i dont think I am. It was always assumed in discussions and just from common sense that vet trials are some of the most difficult PvE in the entire game, whereas normal trials are quite easy and done even at a low CP level. I didn't know I had to specify that.

And just FYI: you will see a LOT of problems bringing a hybrid into vet trials.
>>
>>379216372
It's not a hybrid build. It's a tank, it tanks things.
>>
>>379216164
Shut the fuck up.
Transmuting souls involves tonal architecture, Molag Bal didn't use tonal architecture, he used some vague retardation that is never specified our explained, furthermore Molag Bal has zero fucking tonal tools in his possession unlike fucking Mehrunes Dagon.
Second of all, you clearly misunderstand what ESO implies, Amulet of Kings when "corrupted" somehow has enough power to fuck up veil of ALL OF THE AURBIS enough to rape all of the soul travel and planar connections EVERYWHERE. Then Molag Bal with zero opposition can just pull in chunks of nirn into his plane without any merging, as if this was some Planescape instead of TES.
Lawrence was a DnD writer and it really shows, he thinks of TES lore and how things works completely differently from, say, Michael Kirkbride.
>Mankar with Mannimarco
Except for the part where Mankar actually was a Dragonborn and could use Amulet of Kings, no one in ESO can use it including Molag fucking Bal, hence why Dagon needed Mankar. Only those who are connected to Akatosh can use it because it's practically his blood mixed with his own chunks of soul, regardless of how powerful you are if you are not a Dragon you can not fucking use it.
>>
Help me out /v/. I played Final Fantasy 14 and was bored to tears by it but I'm entertained by ESO. What did 14 do wrong that ESO did right?
>>
>>379216840
Nothing, you just have below average standards in mmos.
>>
>>379216840
As someone in the same situation I thought FFXIV was a little too on-rails for me, I couldn't care less about FF or TES lore but both had their moments storywise I enjoyed, however FFXIV is the definition of a themepark and you do not go off course.

Not to mention once you hit 60 on a job in FFXIV it just kind of feels over, gearing a job is very bland since its just stats, whereas ESO is the opposite and even past CP160 you continue to get extra advancement and since its set driven when you equip a new set it does modify your playstyle a bit (depending).

tl;dr FFXIV feels static, ESO feels fluid.
FFXIV soundtrack is the best MMO OST of all time though no doubt about that.
>>
>>379216840
Funny I'm the exact opposite. ESO's combat is shit in comparison to XIV and but only at max level. ESO might feel better at the start but never really evolves.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.