[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>It's an "Anon asks /v/ for advice" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: HOI 4.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HOI 4.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
I've recently acquired an interest in Hearts of Iron 4 after watching some gameplay. Should I buy?
>>
No, the AI is retarded and the game gets old after the first 3 matches
>>
>>379202997
Have you ever played a grand strategy game before?
>>
just pirate it you dongus
>>
>>379203190
Probably not, but I really want to get into something like this. This guy >>379203170 is saying that the AI is shit and that is kinda wavering me away from this game, but it just looks so interesting to me.
>>
>>379203423
this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and if you pirate it and decide you like it then you can buy it
>>
>>379203423
Paradox isn't known for good AI, but the AI in HoI4 is ridiculously bad. Modern Paradox games are usually medicore at launch and get better over time with new content and DLCs, but HoI4 has been out for over a year and is still shit. The worse part is the battle planner which you are pretty much forced to use since you get bonuses from it, but you just draw an arrow to moscow and you win as Germany since like 90% of Soviet divisions will be in the middle of Siberia doing nothing.
>>
>>379203423
Well the ai is a wee bit fucked, but its not like that isnt the case for every other fucking gsg. Also there is an update coming on June 14th that will fix some of the more egregious ai bugs. Specifically the shitty division building the ai does and the constant moving of divisions on frontlines.
>>
>>379203606
Is there any way to fix it at the moment? I've noticed HOI4 has Steam Workshop capabilities.
>>
bump
I need more information before I make the decision
>>
>>379204617
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/14816496/Hearts_of_Iron_IV__Field_Marshal_Edition
>>
>>379204617
just pirate it to try it, it's not fucking hard.
>>
the AI will pull forces off it's border if it's fighting someone else but the claims in this thread are pretty exaggerated
>>
>>379202997
Go buy Stellaris instead
>>
>>379205040
The AI IS pretty fucking retarded when combined with the frontline borders. The only reason one of my fronts developed into a stalemate was because the AI kept shifting around defending troops to another province. In the end I just took manual control of every division and steamrolled the enemy.
Don't even get me started on assigning two different armies to the same front using two different plans.
>>
>>379203423
Just get HoI 3 or Darkest Hour
both are much better games than the bare bones EU4 clone that is HoI 4
>>
>>379202997
It's a fucking terrible game. Just man up and get HoI3 with all its expansions.
>>
>>379202997
You are obviously 12 years old, it'll suit you perfectly. Remember to buy all the great dlcâ„¢ for bargain prices too!
>>
There's a lot wrong with it, but it's still fun for a while. I recommend piracy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.