[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a Persona circle-jerk thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: P5_promocovers_PS4[1].jpg (1MB, 1746x2147px) Image search: [Google]
P5_promocovers_PS4[1].jpg
1MB, 1746x2147px
So I've played P3 and P4 and while I've enjoyed them to some extent ultimately I could not finish them. I loved the idea of the gameplay, but I did not like the execution. I find more fun in classic SMT style gameplay like Nocturne I've discovered. I also think Nocturne has better atmsosphere, though that is not to say that Nocturne doesn't have it's issues.

I really like thieves in video games, P5 sort of reminded me of Sly Cooper when was revealed in a good way, and having an actual cast of delinquents is interesting instead of boring Japanese highschoolers. Like Minato who didn't give a shit about anyone or anything, always gave out the wrong advice, yet was still loved by anyone despite being a faggy emo kid. And all the Brotag worship for no reason. Phantom thieves are so much cooler than SEES and P4's detective group. The platforming and better graphics seem more interesting as well. I have no clue how good the cast is though.

That is what kind of ruined P3 and P4 for me, you would only have 1-2 new lines of dialogue a day unless you were doing an S-link, and the plot is spaced out between weeks and sometimes months. And not only that, but I feel like all the characters in each games were way too tropey, well except for Junpei I liked him, and Akihiko and Shinji. Yukari and Mitsuru were not that bad either. Same with 4, some of the characters were tolerable, but I just didn't like how light-hearted it was.

So I was just wondering, now that it's out, can any of you confirm my hopes? Is P5 the persona game that I've been looking for? Is it eventful? I always wish that the game took more from Yakuza, and now it seems to be heading in that direction.
>>
Cont. Also is it worth getting on PS3, or is the PS4 version far superior?
>>
File: 1496634932874.jpg (13KB, 388x223px) Image search: [Google]
1496634932874.jpg
13KB, 388x223px
it's literally a more polished and stylish p3 and p4 dont bother if you didn't like p3 or 4. Go play p2 if you want something closer to smt
>>
>>379202740

You sound to hold similar opinions to me. I actually have finished Persona 3-5 despite getting bored because I'm autistic or something, and I can tell you that Persona 5 is pretty interesting at first, peters out for a while, and finally gets very interesting in November. It's basically like the others as far as that goes, though the gameplay is more polished. The dungeons were good for the first 2-3 and then got boring again.

If you like SMT more, try Persona 1 and 2, I had a lot more fun with them (though I also played them before Persona 3-5). They're nothing like the later games, really.
>>
>>379203662
>>379203250
Well more polished and stylish P3/P4 would not be a bad thing. Also learn the definition of bait, I'm not being ironic or shitposting. This thread is about real thoughts and opinions.

I loved the Sly Cooper games, and I do like the idea of Japanese life simulation (like Yakuza), so I'm thinking of buying it, just wanted to get more input. I really like the aesthetic so I might even buy the steal your hearts edition. I just don't want to get into a game as slow and boring and uneventful as P3 and P4, but idk it definitely seems that P5 has taken a lot of improvements.
>>
>>379204013
Also one last question, are the English voices good or is sub the way to go? I can't stand horribly done English dubs in Japanese games, but if it sounds good in English that would be a plus. Either way it would be fine but I would prefer to not have to read subtitles every time I want to play.
>>
>>379204013

>I just don't want to get into a game as slow and boring and uneventful as P3 and P4

Persona 5 really isn't different in that regard. It's the same formula. Exciting, railroaded beginning, complete the first palace, sit through a million cutscenes, be given some weeks of free time to do whatever and complete the next palace, then repeat. The story is more interesting, but like 3-4 it just drags too long until the end when it finally picks up again. Also, get used to being told to go to bed by a cat.

>>379204120

English VA is fine for the most part, but they can't pronounce some names correctly. If you can tolerate that, then it's fine.
>>
Why does it feel like that fucking cat is getting progressively more annoying? just finished the first Palace btw
>>
>>379204407

I don't know why they thought that was a good idea. I know it's been in Persona since 3, but making an actual character force you into bed instead of the game just telling you to do it makes it worse.
>>
>>379204120
English voices are great. There are a few mispronunciations of names there and there but it's easy to deal with.
>>
>>379203140
There aren't any real differences between them other than the slightly better resolution for the PS4.
>>
>>379204407

Not liking morgana and enjoying his antics is a sign that you have no soul
>>
>>379204407
If you think he's annoying now, you are not prepared.

>>379204547
I actually liked it. Reinforced that Morgana genuinely cares for the MC's wellbeing, in his own special semi-conceited way.
>>
>>379202740
Its not a stealth focus game, the thieves thing is more style than anything else

If you thought P3 & P4 was slow, you're not going to like the pace of P5 at all.
>>
>>379204547
Making you walk to bed when you have no other options is the worst thing, especially since you got week long stretches of that shit everytime you finished a mission.

P3 and P4 didnt do that as often
>>
>>379205573

>Calls Ryuji stupid and useless constantly
>Ryuji does this to him and Morgana tries to run the party over

Morgana was pretty shit.
>>
P3-4-5 are practically the same game. If you didn't like one the chances of you liking the other are slim to none.

The only 2 advantages the PS4 version has over PS3 is the higher resolution and more stable frame-rate.
>>
>>379202740
I haven't played 3 but the cast is definitely better than 4.

That being said the "slice of life" part of the game isn't done super well imo. All of the social link stuff is still restricted to a VN format and coupled with the merely passable writing it's not super compelling stuff. I wish you could up your confidants points by doing activities with them. Imagine being able to play the baseball or go fishing with your friends and have their social link points rise with that. and add a gym, shogi, and arcade minigame. This would make those kind of activities actually viable and not just feel like you're wasting your time by not leveling up your confidants.

On the other hand, the gameplay is superb.
>>
>>379205905
Morgana does call him stupid (as does everyone else) but I never seen him call him useless. Either way, Morgana was still a crybaby during the whole situation.
Also, it was Haru who tried to run you over since he can't move on his own.
>>
I got 50+ hours into Persona 3 before giving up from boredom, but thoroughly enjoyed Persona 5 to the end (though I was feeling some fatigue past the 100 hour mark). I assumed that I didn't like P3 because I was already very familiar with the game before playing, but knowing most plotpoints of P5 before playing didn't ruin the experience for me. Wish I could have played before being spoiled, though. It helps that the dungeons weren't braindead awful like Tartarus, though the dungeon crawling does boil down to following the checklist at the top-right of the screen and solving sorry excuses for puzzles.
>>
>>379206789

>but I never seen him call him useless.

He does if Ryuji misses with an attack.
>>
File: 1453645569144.png (132KB, 467x307px) Image search: [Google]
1453645569144.png
132KB, 467x307px
>>379202740
>Minato
>>
>>379206910
He calls him pathetic. Still an insult, but he's not calling him useless.
>>
>>379202740
>I really like thieves in video games, P5 sort of reminded me of Sly Cooper when was revealed in a good way, and having an actual cast of delinquents is interesting instead of boring Japanese highschoolers
That's what I initially felt too, but in actuality the stealth is very simplistic (even compared to sly cooper) and the "delinquent" cast is probably the most happy-go-lucky-goody-two-shoes-fest since persona 4. There's literally no internal conflict between the band of "delinquents".
>That is what kind of ruined P3 and P4 for me, you would only have 1-2 new lines of dialogue a day unless you were doing an S-link, and the plot is spaced out between weeks and sometimes months. And not only that, but I feel like all the characters in each games were way too tropey, well except for Junpei I liked him, and Akihiko and Shinji. Yukari and Mitsuru were not that bad either. Same with 4, some of the characters were tolerable, but I just didn't like how light-hearted it was.
It's the same for p5, and there's a lot of ingame forced timeskips that take control out of your character that a lot of people are annoyed with. I personally found all the main cast in 5 to be really boring, my problem is that the game just feels so light hearted when it should be more serious.
>>
>>379206789
>Either way, Morgana was still a crybaby during the whole situation.
It's the only internal conflict within the game and it felt forced as fuck. Morgana's reasoning for leaving should have been: you guys are fucking retarded and priorizing jacking yourselves off with your following rather than actually getting bad guys. Instead it was: i'm sad that the writers fucked me by putting Makoto and Futaba in the game, rendering my place within the party completely fucking useless.
>>
I don't see why everyone praises this game so much, it's a 7/10 at best. Half the game is filler garbage and almost none of the dialogue choices matter at all. You get three choices but at best they maybe add a single line of dialogue before going back to the stock dialogue.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (135KB, 516x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
135KB, 516x1080px
>>379202740
It's pretty neat
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.