[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: twitch-tv-2.jpg (637KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
twitch-tv-2.jpg
637KB, 1600x900px
What went wrong?
>>
donations
>>
>>379202257
I think you answered your own question
>>
>>379202257
I don't think the platform did much wrong. I don't know if they did any scummy shit or if the Amazon buyout changed things. The culture it built is what I don't like about it.

I feel that the focus has been taken off of the game and put into the person playing. The use of facecams and audience callouts for money isn't what I'm looking for if I want to watch a game being played.
>>
>>379202257
nothing
>>
>>379202663
For me it's half and half.
I watch this guy who brings in about 250-300 viewers a stream and he's just voice, game footage and art showcase at the end. I like his personality and audience interaction, but I also like seeing him react to stuff in games. He played Psychonauts recently for the first time and it was fun.
>>
>>379202401
this

streaming should be for fun not to grab cash

if you want to make money then get a job you lazy fucking neet
>>
>>379203076
>people should only have jobs doing what i like
you sound like a real wagecuck
>>
>>379202257
If you watch events or tournaments, nothing.

Anything else, you need to think about your life.
>>
>>379203141
It's more like
>People shouldn't be able to get jobs doing things I enjoy
>>
Watch a guy who gets 300 - 800 viewers, very neutral and upbeat. Fast forward a few months later, turbo-raging grill streamer he occassionaly played with is now CONSTANTLY playing with him, making him more and more bitter without him realizing it.
>>
>>379202980
I agree here friend. Having someone else play can add something special that isn't there when playing yourself. It's a lot of fun seeing someones experience with a game when they can use their own personality to add something new.
>>
File: C86sG2eUAAA5qvf.jpg (188KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C86sG2eUAAA5qvf.jpg
188KB, 900x1200px
> live in 10 minutes guys!
>>
>>379202257
Camwhores. Women ruin everything.
>>
File: where's the video games.jpg (242KB, 1152x865px) Image search: [Google]
where's the video games.jpg
242KB, 1152x865px
>>379202401
This coupled with "muh safespace" and nuthugging.
>>
>>379202401
This.
I just want to watch skilled people play video games, not watch some camwhore thanking every fucking attention whore throwing money at the guy.
>>
>>379202401
yeah

>follower goals
>top donations list / scrolling text
>tts messages on sub
>dumb GIFs playing on sub
>>
>>379203736
is that ASR?
>>
>>379202257
The main audience are 12-20 y/o males.
What do these viewers want to to see? Pretty girls and cool guys.
Ergo, Twitch will fill itself with those peers, strangling the main intent of the service.
>>
>>379203141
>money does not in any way influence or hamper a medium when it becomes a factor
t. corporate drone
>>
>>379204552
STPeach
>>
>>379202663
I don't mind the streamer acknowledging a donator/subscriber, but holyshit, those on-screen shit they have playing all the time when something like this happens is annoying as all fuck. Always something retardedly loud and/or something that obfuscates important parts of the hud. I want to see the game, not some dumbshit the streamer and his 4 yo audience thinks is funny.
>>
>social eating streams
>IRL streams
>failing to permaban partnered streamers despite numerous offenses
>general camwhoring and drama
>>
HAHA "GAMURZ"
YOU THOUGHT JUSTIN TV TURNED INTO TWITCH
BUT IT WAS JUST A RUSE TO MAKE OUR FAILING PLATFORM RELEVANT
IT WAS JUSTIN TV ALL ALONG
>laughing simpsons guy pressing a button to switch name plates
>>
>>379204794
>twitch
>a 'medium'
you're watching people play video games not observing high art, grow the fuck up you communist
>>
>>379204951
>Someone pays $1 to stream
>Airhorns go off
>Large text with Anon donated $1
>Dancing cat gif plays over the game
>Text to speech reads out Anons hilarious comment
>Streamer thanks Anon for his $1 while reminding everyone to hit the donation milestone so he will dance when stream ends
>>
File: burgher-zoie-image.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
burgher-zoie-image.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
YOU GUYS MADE THIS WHORE FAMOUS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379205432
>streamer then reminds viewers they can link their amazon prime to twitch to get a month subscription or whatever
>over the next 30 minutes those subscription gifs/texts get plasted every few seconds, making it literally unwatchable
I seriously think all those subscribers don't even want to watch the game or the guy. All they want is those 2 seconds of fame when the streamer thanks them and calls their name.
>>
Twitch is pretty neat. I use it to watch people play games I'd never play or games I love. I don't like seeing their face or people that constantly talk or make noises. They're not as witty as they think.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.