[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you like to see in Mario Kart 9?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: char_mario.png (471KB, 759x565px) Image search: [Google]
char_mario.png
471KB, 759x565px
What would you like to see in Mario Kart 9?
>>
>>379201789
F-Zero instead
>>
The return of Mario Kart DS mission mode
>>
>>379201952
thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
>>
>>379201892
This
>>
Good roster
Good tracks
Maybe drop the customizing karts part.
The Bowser Mobile from 3D World
>>
>>379202021
And this: >>379201952
>>
BMW collaboration instead of Mercedes-Benz
>>
voice chat in public online multiplayer
>>
funky kong
>>
>>379201789
Track creator

MKDS-tier physics & snaking

Both of those are pipe dreams, I know. I guess realistically all I want is for them to bring back and keep all the things that should be staples. Holding an item behind you while keeping the actual item slot open should still be the standard, and for that matter things like Battle mode should never have been withheld for a "Deluxe" version down the line.
>>
>>379201789
>Kamek
>Mario Party themed map (based on one of the good mario parties)
>Rainbow Road that's more majestic (I don't really like the ones that add all the moon and spaceship shit.)
>>
Remove coins, flying, underwater and weird gravity. Driving only. Make it more like Mario Kart DS. I'd like if they brought back the crispy graphics of DS too, just for modern hardware obviously, rather than the white fog.
All the essential characters.
No edits of the karts.
Perhaps remove stats from the characters to make everyone viable.
If it's for Switch, they should consider bringing back the Double Dash gimmick optionally. Switch is perfect for that.
>>
250cc
>>
>>379201789
Quick and tight cornering. And fix the shitty item system.
>>
Is Double Dash 2 too much to ask for?
>>
>>379204783
You hate fun and change.

Go die in a hole alone somewhere.
>>
File: 1492915564089.jpg (70KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
1492915564089.jpg
70KB, 800x553px
a track with only flying
>>
>>379205443
Mario Kart DS was perfect.

And I am open to change. I want new mechanics to make the game deeper, more suited for competitive play. For example, in MKDS there was a technique where, in 1st place, you use a blue shell while close to 2nd place, then perform a BSD so only 2nd place is hit.
More complex items would be nice.
Been thinking, for example, maybe the items could be selectable within what's avaible for your position. You could have deep mindgames. Or new and clever ways to combine them with each other or advanced techniques.
Basically, I want it without gimmicks, and to be made more for the tourneyfag audience.

And a major problem with the anti gravity sections is the world building. I love to imagine the world of Mario and the lore, and often I'll just drive around everywhere and explore everything and enjoy and imagine the rest of the Mario world.
Weird gravity makes the games much more unrealistic, no longer a race around Mushroom Kingdom and more just a set of challenges designed for a video game. And I don't want that. I really want more Mario lore.
>>
>>379201789
Aircraft and hovercraft like in diddy kong racing
>>
>>379206460
>I want new mechanics to make the game deeper, more suited for competitive play.
Well, Nintendo absolutely hates that idea. That's why they try to remove everything from the series that would give the game some depth.
>>379206460
>And I don't want that. I really want more Mario lore
I get what you mean. In MKDD you could see parts of other tracks in the background which I always really liked.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.