[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ending?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 26

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
>>
File: stealth.webm (3MB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
stealth.webm
3MB, 850x478px
So this is the best game ever according to /v/.... WOAH
>>
>>379192169
Helios, easily. Fuck Illuminati, fuck not being able to use the internet.

>>379192309
>not giving the kid food and going the other way through
>>
>>379192169
Helios and Helios again in IW. Worst case scenario Helios and Illuminati.
>>
>>379192169
Illuminati is easily the best for the world and best for JC, even if "best" doesn't mean all that much.
>>
File: 1478872285549.jpg (136KB, 800x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1478872285549.jpg
136KB, 800x1161px
>>379192760
JC becomes almost godlike with Helios and literal god in IW if you chose Helios again are you kidding me
>>
>>379193243
Helios is only good for the player's ego, not for the guy himself.

Throughout the entire game JC again and again strongly refuses determinism, impeding on people's privacy, or trusting anyone with absolute control. He argues against all of these up until the very end. When you pick the Helios ending he submits to something he doesn't believe in, it's a winning scenario for Helios, not for JC. The final conversation between the two is where JC simply gives up.

>This is what I was made for, isn't it? This is why I exist?

This is the antithesis of his own ideology.
>>
>>379194269
From JC perspective, how Illuminati ending is any different? Except in that case he's actively collaborating not into transcending humanity, but global domination by secret societies ruling with an iron fist.
>>
>>379192449
>giving a little shit food
No, kids gotta grow and learn there's no free rides
>>
>>379194537
That's why I'm saying it's "best". Not making a world changing decision is what sits best with what we learned about him, and the only one that tries to fix some of the shit MJ-12 made.

It's not that he likes the Illuminati or anything, but it's the least shit out of three shit options. Fits best with what he was hoping from joining UNATCO as well. Try to improve things if possible, but don't do anything drastic.
>>
>>379192692
>wanting to make humans mindless drones with no free will
Why do you hate yourself so much you want to take humanity with you?
>>
>>379195217
Ehh, I don't buy it, he didn't believe into secret societies like a week ago and then he becomes one of the most powerful people on Earth trying to sustain the status quo which he obviously doesn't like. If he doesn't experience cognitive dissonance from that strong enough to repel that idea then he has no beliefs to begin with. In Illuminati ending he's the upholder of what he hates, in Helios he's the dictator, a benevolent one though. Helios clearly cannot rule alone, so I think JC has enough influence on the AI in this case. If he wanted to fix things he still could with Helios ending. He may not prefer to change the humanity into something else as Helios suggests, but we still have a complete reset ending with dark age. Giving the humanity a second chance seems more fitting for JC especially after he learns the truth and how deeply MJ12 controls everything everywhere outside of China.
>>
>>379195957
The problem with the Tong ending is that it doesn't solve anything. You spent most of the game hunting for a cure for the nanovirus, if you blow up Area-51 the cure is lost along with it. By the end the Illuminati is on the verge of death, the MJ-12 is essentially destroyed, and blowing up the internet at best delays the rise of a new similar organization. It's completely pointless.
>>
>>379192169
Tong, of course. Reboot the entire stuff.
>>
>>379195957
>Helios clearly cannot rule alone, so I think JC has enough influence on the AI in this case.

Helios absolutely can rule alone. All he needed was someone to undo the safety measures that were limiting his influence. Having a vessel is just a nice bonus, but not even strictly necessary.
>>
Tongs a faggot. Killed that prick in IW, Same with the Denton brothers. Only the borg future is good and fitting ending
>>
File: Omnisiah be praised.jpg (27KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
Omnisiah be praised.jpg
27KB, 480x502px
Merge
Every other ending is heresy
>>
>>379197743
Strictly speaking you can only kill Paul in IW, not both Denton brothers.
>>
Having a Human/AI hybrid with direct communication to every human being in the world is one kind of government that hadn't been tried yet, so why the hell not
>>
>>379198364
It's been years, but couldn't you shut jc up in that digital room thing, same place you can kill Alex or what's her name?
>>
>>379198372
Because if it turns out it's shit, you can't just call it quits and try again. You literally have no free will
>>
>>379192169
Knights Templar in IW

>/pol/ the simulator
>>
>>379198614
Nope. What you kill there is a construct like the statue, or the locations recreated from JC's memories, the real JC remains in Antarctica. If you kill him Helios just makes a new one, although for gameplay reasons he only respawns once, and only under specific conditions. Otherwise you'd never finish that shit.
>>
>>379198735
Templars were the good guys, seriously.
>>
>>379198719
Why do you need free will if there one will? What possibly can go wrong?
>>
>>379192169
Illuminati
Helios can't be trusted
>>
>>379199127
I'm not sure I want helios and the entire humanity knowing every time I rub one out to loli gangbang mindbreak
>>
>>379192309
wtf I just decided I didn't like deus ex
>>
>>379199115
>Redpilled female Alex with the battlecry for purity.

Wife material
>>
The UN girl was my first waifu. Literally cried when I had to kill her (well I found a way to avoid killing her but she never gets mentioned again)
>>
They are all terrible
>dark age
You just delay the inevitable, the illuminati will try to rise again
>illuminati
last time they ruled they almost made the world a dystopia after losing control over one of their agents
>helios
you basically destroy humanity and individualism to save the world from humans.
>>
File: theresamay6.jpg (39KB, 282x314px) Image search: [Google]
theresamay6.jpg
39KB, 282x314px
>>379192309

>that kid who plays with gamma turned up to the max
>>
>>379198735
The templar were such a copout but interesting because of it
>you can join the badguys but they hate your kind
>ow we have this machine which can revert all augs globally without any issue so you can join us without having to die
>>
"fuck erryone's shit up" ending because I'm a contrarian faggot 2bh
>>
>>379200395
Well, to be fair, reverse engineering that shit to find a way to universally and permanently disable nanoaugmentation because "shit's dangerous yo" was their goal from the very beginning. The entire reason why they exist.
>>
File: fuck_everything.gif (2MB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_everything.gif
2MB, 350x310px
>GMDX v9.0 Delayed For Another Month
>>
>>379200697
Really. I thought it was more like
>illuminati start order to organise and pacify the poor unaugmented populace and limit the capabilities the apostle corp (their enemy) has
>some order followers radicalise since they feel the order is too soft and keeps people on a leash and want to shoot every nanotech person in the face
>since they dont have a lot of control yet they are researching a way to disable augs remotely instead of having to slowly win ground to be able to weed them out
The idea that they wanted to deaug people is rather strange to me, since it sounds too soft. And their ending shows that too, you see they radicalize anyway.
>>
>>379201321
Saman created the Templars basically as a counter-movement to Apostle Corp AND they have a lot of radicalized members. It's the youngest of the factions in the game, it had to be organized fast, gather funds even faster. and get people who are willing to do messy shit like murder kids. If it weren't for radicalized members the movement would have been doomed to failure.

But if you talk with their scientists it turns out that they are actually pretty reasonable. For example they bitch at you if you don't let them have Paul, but they do it because it forces them to unleash the deaug without properly testing it first to ensure it's safe.
>>
>>379202190
Really, thats pretty cool. Although like the other ends it is a bad ending and the radicals end up hanging everyone.
>>
>>379202847
You can't have good endings in a Deus Ex game. But it's not that bad. We only saw them hang Tong and an ayy, just people on Liberty Island. It's likely that everyone in Apostle Corp gets executed along with transgenics, Omar, and all Illuminati physiopharmaceutical augs, but the rest will likely be left alone.

From their perspective they may have sacrificed a lot of people, but they have averted
>forceful integration into Omar
>forceful integration into Helios hivemind
>creation of Icarus 2.0 (Ophelia)
So all in all things went pretty well.

If anything they value human life more than the other factions, for example the power armor troops mention that they are working on changing the tech so they can be piloted remotely instead of having to put a guy in a suit that comes with a self-destruct function.
>>
>>379204327
JC honestly seems to care about humanity as well. And in the ending video you see that they speech for further crusades. He calls the next enemy error. I wouldnt be surprised he used that as a front to purge everyone that he dislikes. He also talks about embers burning the earth clean, which doesnt sound like he is going to leave people alone. Hell the cinematography seems to indicate it goes wrong. First you see the symbol of the order, indicating humanity is united under that, then you see a gray hung and the speech is about how they will burn clean the earth (still in line), then you see the shadow of the human corpse as warning while the guy starts talking about a new enemy (which wasnt mentioned at all before) and you see the human corpse. Which indicates they will start killing humans as well.
>>
>>379197687
I still think JC has at least some control over the AI since in IW we clearly see that he still cares a lot about his brother, who is not that important to the Helios as an agent at that point, not as much as Alex at least. Even if Helios influences Denton for the most part, its still cautious around upsetting him, which I think brings some light into their symbiotic relationship.
>>
>>379196756
I don't think its pointless. Pointless compared to what Denton has been doing, sure, but JC learned a lot throughout the game. He went from counter terrorism action to solving family problems, saving his life, trying to find the truth and ultimately saving humanity in one form or another. At the end of the game hr thinks globally and he has global reach with all of the endings. A compete reset will make everything pointless, but that's kind of the point: he learned that humanity is beyond the power of saving itself and maybe a hard stop is the better answer for everybody. Yes, this will lead to global chaos and power struggles, but this time it may be different.
>>
>>379196756
>>379200096

Ive read that we have used up all easily accessible resources meaning that if there were some global reset of technology, there would indeed be no coming back to high technology.

all the easy to access oil and minerals has been used and what we get now requires high tech. If high were destroyed, there would be no coming back

pic related is a book recommended by one of the deus ex npcs, its very good
>>
>>379206663
You dont destroy technology, you just nuke the internet which has a datacollecting AI which is core to the illuminatis power. There is still enough knowledge and modern electronics left to go on, its just that now people can live freely without being observed and secretly manipulatedq
>>
>>379198719
>You literally have no free will
But you do because that's the ENTIRE point of the final version of Helios, everyone is interconnected and Helios only reads all of this information to take into account everyone's wants and needs to come to a consensus of how to govern.

Like with China it immediately removes the main road blockades, sends the military away and shuts down all government buildings, but people just carried on as normal and trade picked up right away.
>>
>>379206906

>people werent manipulated before the internet

I see you kike, you wish to return to full control of media
>>
>>379207256
In the invisible war version it is a bad end by the way. First humanity agrees on the best course of action and soon reached post scarcity, then there is a vote on whether all the minds should be completely opened to everyone and the majority votes yes.
>>
>>379207483
Why's that a bad thing though?
>>
>>379192169
Illuminati. I would do Helios, but it's implied to be fucking crazy.

https://youtu.be/pPwpLDvAnvo?t=23m30s
>>
File: 5w5xxdw_d.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5w5xxdw_d.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>379192169
The Helios one shockingly, I was originally on board with the destruction one but having the entire globes data and all forms of connection be destroyed sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. And JC as an all powerful controlling god sounds based
>>
>>379207784
Yesterday I watched a JAV where a girl was laid on a gynecology table with her legs spread open, had a speculum in her pussy to wretch it open, and two girls at each side of her. The two girls blew guys and when they were about to cum they came in the girl her spread pussy. Then the two other girls got a straw and sucked the cum out of the pussy.
I dont want anyone ever knowing I saw that.
>>
Helios and Dark Age endings are both acceptable, Illuminati is just more of the same shit you spent the entire game getting rid of.
>>
>>379207854
>but it's implied to be fucking crazy

Really, I thought that would be obvious. Daedalus was an idealist, Icarus was batshit because of its purpose, you accidentally merge them together and you get Helios, an AI with fucking brain damage y-e-e-e-e-s.
>>
I did actually watch Ghost in the Shell before playing this game so... naturally, Helios ending. Illuminaty fucked up before and there is no reason to assume that they won't fuck up again, and Tong is an idiot.
>>
>>379208001
What's the code to this video? I can assure you I can not identify you from this bit of information
>>
>>379207854
>linking ross when discussing endings
As much as I love his videos, he really had no imagination on the endings. Sure they are short and tell little themselves, but the entire game is building up to these endings by showing you parts of the world. You see how the illuminati are not perfect and are almost destroyed, with one of their agents trying to become god. You see that everett isnt a perfect guy and he keeps lucius alive against his will, which tells you a lot of why the illuminati ending isnt good. You get incoming messages without your permission. At the start you are already told you have to get used to it because they wont go away. Sure at the start they are nice and supportive. But when icarus tells you he has full access to your systems and you accidently kill yourself by GEPing a wall from flinching you understand why forcing everyone to become a part of Helios isnt good. Also there is the entire morpheus infodump that discusses an AI as world governer. These both tell you about Helios ending. The fact that Hong Kong is free from illuminati thanks to the chaos, that your original plan is blowing up the internet and both illuminati and helios arent perfect tells you why you should consider the dark age ending.

Also Helios is literally and figuratively the god out of the machine. You become a god, from a machine, and he provides a 3rd option in an impossible situation
>>
>>379208230
Exactly, which is why I don't understand why anyone would pick the Helios ending. Both destroying and merging with Helios are incredibly stupid ideas for their own reasons. The Illuminati ending isn't ideal, but Everett and Dowd seem trustworthy enough and they're a far better alternative to either an insane AI or a techno-apocalypse.

As a side note, does anyone else feel like the endings to Mass Effect 3, shit as they are, seem directly inspired by the endings to this game? You have really similar options for the endings.
>>
File: 1462272062678.jpg (79KB, 700x659px) Image search: [Google]
1462272062678.jpg
79KB, 700x659px
>>379208306
Are you sure anon? Its not something you can easily forget

MIGD-093

>>>/t/773702
I forgot the slapping, DP, getting pissed in the face, and the 4 hour length
>>
>>379208660
>Everett and Dowd seem trustworthy enough
lol no

They ingratiated themselves to JC because he's useful, that's all. The world went to hell because of the Illuminate, why wouldn't the same happen again?
>>
Reminder that the devs intended the Illuminati ending to be the good ending of the game.

>Our villain, Adam, is the ultimate End Justify The Means villain. He uses people, deprives them of personal freedom to get what he wants, but his goals are totally admirable. He really does plan to bring peace and harmony to the world. It's just his methods that are bad. His tools are mind control and the elimination of the last vestiges of free will. To a lesser extent the secret societies have been engaged in this sort of paternalistic behavior for decades, even centuries, but Adam takes it to a level even they consider inappropriate.

>The player gets to explore the good and bad of free will (and the pain and suffering that go along with it) as well as the good and bad of enslavement (and the utopian, albeit lifeless, society that results).

>In the end, players can bring about either of these two extremes - a totally free world which will have to rebuild itself rather painfully or an idyllic world free of pain and suffering where everyone does what they're told.

>The Big Win scenario is to find a way to restore humankind to the middle ground where it has existed for so long, with some free will and some control.
>>
>>379209310
>Our villain, Adam
nani
>>
>>379209431
I think he's quoting the original design document(s)
>>
>>379209310
Except A) the THE FUCKING ILLUMINATI is a definition of manipulation and depriving people of agency in the first place. And also, the Illuminati PROVED themselves to be unable to safeguard human progression. That is literally the basis of the conflict: that the Illuminati were unable to guide humans to not-absolute-shit-state because it's clearly beyond their capacity. And finally, the Illuminati ending just quite literally negates everything you have done in the game. It's just setting the game basically back to the start: nothing really solved, nothing gained. Bob is gone but fuck me how many assholes like him are just WAITING to take over what he started.
It's an illogical solution. Even if it was ever intended as the "good" ending, it sure as hell does not work that way in the game.
>>
>>379209431
What >>379209561 said. That was the original name of Helios. Keep in mind though that at that point there was only one AI, separating it into three was a later change.
>>
>>379209062
If the only reason they cared about JC was because of his usefulness, why didn't they just kill him after he killed Page? What reason would they have for accepting JC into the Illuminati? JC isn't exactly what I would call skilled at administration or decision making.
>>
>>379210003
Because he seems to accept the illuminati rule and he probably is able to make the X51 help. Also Everett is smart enough to ask for help if he needs it, he knows he fucked up with page, and uses JC his outsider view to make sure he wont fuck up again. I dont think it will happen soon another page will try something like page did, but there is nothing that prevents the same thing from happening at some point in the future, and there is no certainty a new JC manages to defuse the situation
>>
File: leadwriterdeusexhr.jpg (40KB, 590x351px) Image search: [Google]
leadwriterdeusexhr.jpg
40KB, 590x351px
uh o a good discussion on v

mods delete it quick or at least get some shills in here to talk about the shitty prequels pic related its the writer of the prequels
>>
This thread is making me want to play Deus Ex again. Does it run fine on Win7?
>>
>>379210003
Because he singlehandedly took down MJ12 and if he can do that, he isn't going to get killed by a bunch of old men who haven't even fully reassumed power yet. Besides, the JC that chooses the Illuminati ending is one who proves himself pliable and easily controlled, and the Illuminati naturally want to make further use of him to do their dirty work.

Throughout my first playthrough of Deus Ex I always saw the Illuminati as not particularly benevolent, just mad that they weren't on top anymore.
>>
>>379211783
Get Kentie's launcher.
>>
>>379207483
I fucking love his arguments.

>How do you control human emotions? Antidepressants? Is that freedom?
>Is it freedom when one child is born into poverty, a chance combination of organic materials, while the wealthy child is shaped every day of his life, enhanced genetically, trained, educated, often augmented nanotechnologically?

This doesn't even answer the fucking question.

>Why not get rid of nanotech and genetic engineering, the technologies that make people different from each other?
>Then you go down the path of intolerance, as your friend Billie did.

...what?

>Is human nature perfect? No. Therefore improvements are to be welcomed, not annihilated in Templar pogroms.

It is intolerance to accept human nature, but forcing the very nature of everyone on Earth because you think they suck is A-OK. Gotcha. So tolerant.

>Helios is starting to sound like an enlightened despot.
>All governments have power. The benefit of giving this power to a synthetic intellect is that human affairs would no longer need to be ruled by generalities. Helios will have a deep understanding of every person's life and opinions.

Governments have power, so naturally this means that there is nothing wrong with giving a government ultimate power over everything. Don't worry, Helios knows what's best for you filthy mortals. He deeply cares about your opinions and wants.

>What if I don't want someone peeking into my mind?
>Upon consideration you'll see that this arrangement is for the best.

See? He cares.
>>
>>379211881
Thanks! Now I just have to find where I put the disc.
>>
>>379199115
>>379199442
Yes...and after accomplishing all the Templar's goals they fucking execute you. No they're not the good guys.

>>379207854
>>379208498

Ross has some bad judgement on the Deus Ex games in his reviews there. The one you named on the Helios ending being one of them.
>>379212118

I think the ending in IW puts it best. JC/Helios can "at a glance" know your deepest desires and needs and can calculate the best option in accordance with the wants and needs of everyoen else. Or so the claim goes. He quotes Alexis de Tocqueville on that.

It IS Tyranny. But since all other options failed it seems like the best one in that Sci-Fi setting.

There's no personal desire for power that JC or the AI have, so there's no cult around them, no despotism based on showing everyone who is boss. Basically it would be a benevolent machine. And that's kinda quoting Henry Thoreau. And it would have a legitimate base of power: The will of the people. It would base it's decision not on a personal level, but on what the people need and want, in a responsible manner.

At least that's what I got from it.
>>
>>379213341
>Yes...and after accomplishing all the Templar's goals they fucking execute you. No they're not the good guys.
What, they dont execute you. Since when do you wear white pants. They hang someone, thats the point, they are willing to kill humans, even though augs are gone.

And no, the helios ending is also a bad ending. Sure, at first it is good (everyone is still human and doesnt know what everyone thinks and have personal identities but work together and have a perfect despot that sorts everything out), but then humanity votes to remove personal identity, and you hear the helios voice approve it.
>>
File: 1477262120444.jpg (188KB, 1478x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1477262120444.jpg
188KB, 1478x1019px
>>379213341

the mistake there is the assumption that the people have the capacity to know or dream what is best for them and the human race, whether the people have a JC denton AI demi-god only makes the flawed assumption more efficient in taking action on their behalf. Within the JC demi-god system their is no value judgement on the values themselves, it assumes the peoples will is best without reflection on that very will.

all goes back to the flawed assumptions of John Locke aka the tabla rasa, which also is why the founding father were and are wrong

tldr: Helios ending rides on the assumption of tabla rasa being correct. Darwin refuted it. biology refutes it
>>
>>379213943
Tabula rasa is that every person can be forged by proper nurture. The issue here is that people have the best in mind for eachother. That are two different things

Also the founding fathers assumed people were bad, especially that government could turn into tyranny. Thats pretty much the entire point of the the bill of rights, limiting the power of the government
>>
>>379213341
>Yes...and after accomplishing all the Templar's goals they fucking execute you.

What? No they don't. They don't execute either you or Billie. Where did you get that from?
>>
Blow it all up. Fuck globalists.
>>
>>379213574
>>but then humanity votes to remove personal identity, and you hear the helios voice approve it.
This didn't actually happen. The line was something about focusing on something other then the acquisition of wealth.
>>
>>379213574

Let me put it this way: Why wouldn't they execute you?

a) They know you're heavily augmented
b) They know youre a Denton clone
c) You basically represent everything they hate about Augmentation technology
d) Your interest in their cause can never be seen as sincere because you aren't pure.

They would use you like a tool and drop you like a hot potato. Templar culture is basically isolationist. Cultures that isolate themselves from outside influence, be it from Omar, Illuminati, Augs, normal humans, stagnate and die out. The Templar ending is one of principle evil.

Even if the goal of "remove aug" were a good cause, they still use the tools of evil. The cause is wrong because it assumes a naturalistic fallacy: Nature is good, don't fuck with it. Then they use that good cause and use any extreme means to achieve their ends. They're fucking evil. To the bone.

> Helios ending

You see it as bad, but it's subjective.

It's clear that humanity at that point has big issues to adress. Not just augmentation, but world government, world trade, world terrorism and political and ideological extremism. Deus Ex has always been about transhumanism. The Helios ending is just a sensible step in that way. People are all connected to GodJC, and they consent to melding their minds and becoming a collective. Normal humans are individuals, and we crave that individuality. But it's clear that in this universe humans have gone beyond that. It doesn't make it a bad ending.

Let's keep in mind that no one gets killed in this ending. No one gets purged, no one gets repressed, no one is made poor or rich, and no one is given power over other people. The only thing that happens is that the only one who could objectively arbitrate and make big decisions, makes one, with the consent of the people. It's like a president you personally don't like being elected - that doesn't make the president bad.
>>
>>379213574
>they are willing to kill humans, even though augs are gone

By that point they also openly wage war on the Illuminati, so that makes sense.
>>
>>379214646
helios will speak, year of our union 125.
our consensus remains clear yes.
we will prolong our second century of peace.
economic automation is complete.
our research will encompass other frontiers.
yes, this is the consensus we have created.
our unity will soon be absolute.
our remaining boundaries are vanishing, yes
share, your mind, with everyone, open yourself, your needs are the needs of all
lets understand and be transformed, yes, transform eachother and transform yourselves
the only frontier that has ever existed is the self
helios has spoken
>>
File: deusexwasrightagain.png (312KB, 1680x820px) Image search: [Google]
deusexwasrightagain.png
312KB, 1680x820px
>>379214158

tabla rasa translates to Blank Slate, the assumption isnt that people can be nurtured into anything, the assumption is that there is no genetically based behavior, which the founding fathers ingrained into the system as Equality

it was a myth then and it a myth now

The problem with Helios is the assumption the people have the capacity to know what is best for themselves or the human race.

The masses have no vision, if given the power granted in the Helios ending the society would resemble that of the Eoli of the timemachine novel or like Hobbits of the shire.. They would be cattle and slaves to their own decadence, doomed to a directionless pointless existence
>>
>>379214654
a) you got deaugmented
b) only the top knows
c) but you brought it down
d) you brought it down
remember you are not some guy walking on the street. In all likelyhood they will saint you and you move around in the upper echelons where only a few know of your DNA and past. I think the templar guy will at very least keep you away from the populace and lets you live your life. The scientists are pretty chill and probably keep you alive.
>>
>>379213943
I don't think that JC and Helios just "do what everyone tells them to". I believe that with all the information and philosophy they've absorbed they would be able to make an intelligent choice.

Like let's take a cheap example: If Helios were to judge something like Brexit, they would take into account what most people think. In our case it would be "we want to leave." But it would also know everything about the subject and about the persons making that decision, and could thus see how much they actually want to leave, or whether they want to leave for superficial, illogical reasons.

On top of that, since Helios and the people voted to share their minds ,there wouldn't be too many illogical thoughts in the marketplace of ideas because in sharing their minds they could and should collectively come to the soundest conclusions.
>>
>>379192309
woah its like literally every stealth game ever
>>
>>379215358

so youre saying they would choose to leave since to to stay would be to allow their country to be run by bureaucrats that are intent on destroying europe via muslim invasion
>>
>>379215320
As far as I remember all you do is give Dr. Todd a blood sample in the hopes that the Templars can make a plague that will deaugment everyone. You don't lose your augmentations in the game.

I'm sorry but it still stands that the Templars are puritanical fanatics and I see no reason why they don't have a vested interest to off Alex at the end of the game even if you side with them. Fanatics aren't reasonable people. And also the game is pretty heavy handed with the Templars = Nazis metaphor. Saman is German, he wears grey and red uniforms that looks like he might belong to some subdivision of the Schutz-Staffel and he is a bible thumping fanatic that might as well scream "Gott mit uns". If I were a Jew I wouldn't trust a Nazi not to exterminate me, no matter what I did to help his cause.
>>
>>379215780
>>379215358
ow god please dont start this.

He just used it as an example to show that helios might use his own judgement rather than literally just collecting votes on every issue ever
>>
>>379215780
I'm saying that an intelligent collective would be able to spot the alt-right memes that you just spouted and would eradicate it from their mind, and opt to make a decision alike to a person with an IQ above body temperature.
>>
>not abandoning the dismal human race for a being of pure intelligence
lmao
>>
>>379216189
The statue of liberty is transformed in some kind of aerosol spray machine. With helios end it sprays the nano shit in the air to make everyone augmented, the templar want to put their deaug stuff in instead. They already got a cure, they test it on paul, and want your blood to work out the last chinks.

And unlike nazis he could de"jew" you buy removing your augs. Also the scientists are pretty okay, they probably defend you on basis of having important DNA
>>
>>379216567
I'd grant that the scientists may keep you alive for having important DNA, but that would be invalidated by being deauged, making your DNA pretty unspecial all of a sudden.

I dunno man. I wouldn't trust a type like Saman as far as I could kick. He knows you can fuck his shit up. By achieving way more for his cause than he could, you'd also make for another rival. It would be pretty easy to claim that you're still an impure other and just off you to tie up all the loose ends. Don't trust fanatics.
>>
File: tedonleftists.jpg (1MB, 1200x1630px) Image search: [Google]
tedonleftists.jpg
1MB, 1200x1630px
>>379216317

>eradicate it from their mind

i agree it would take a AI demigod to brainwash a rational person into forgetting all the terrorist attacks and rape stats

much less is needed for a non rational leftist
>>
>>379209310
>chaos/law/neutral
Fucking smtfags
>>
>>379192169
Tong's ending. Have you ever used the internet more than twice? Why the fuck would you keep this?
>>
>>379216881
This is why this works as an example pretty well.

You still think this is a left vs. right issue. That shit wouldn't exist in that ending. You believe I'm on the left side of things, but I'm not. Either that or shitposting. I'm just saying that they would handle that problem differently because they would have the best minds at their disposal, and could dispose of the worst ideas easily as a collective. A non-leftist collective. One that truly seeks to solve problems, and not solve problems in a leftist way, a right-wing way, a /pol/-way or /lgbt/ way, but an honest-to-god straightforward, neutral, unbiased, philosophical way.
>>
>>379215358
hm, yes, Helios would certainly reverse Brexit to maintain a maximal GDP growth, instead of exterminating 99% of the world population after discovering the long-term resource impossibility of sustaining an enormous population living on ever-increasing standards of life
>>
>>379214646
>>379215002
All the IW endings are basically extreme downer takes on the proposed ideas tho, guess they wanted to make it so no ending was better than the others

As a result it's just kinda unrewarding
>>
>>379217260
>helios kills all women, chads, and only leaves betas alive who get perfect impregnable waifus grown from vats to both generate eternal bliss and lower the amount of humans
I'm ready helios.

>>379217205
>>379216881
One of the things the global augmentation does is increase everyone their mental faculties so everyone is intelligent enough.

>>379215276
Which is by the way why helios does work, the augs will make everyone smart, thats why everyone has the capability to know whats best for themselves and the human race
>>
>>379217205

>best minds at their disposal

this is the problem with the Helios ending, it implies all will have equal say in decisions

the problem is that some minds are better than others, the better minds being much fewer in number means that Helios ending is tyranny by the majority

"the people" arent fit to govern themselves
>>
>>379217664
I think thats the point, the world is so far gone only tyranical rule works or else humanity will implode
>>
>>379217869
Which is why Helios says he will make every human equal in mind and body and correct the imperfections of human nature. You know, rebuild everyone in a way you see best for equality and freedomz. There is nothing off with this plan. Nothing at all.
>>
IW's story was so royally fucked up when it came to JC's side.

IW basically turned JC into the king of the outcasts. He refused to take responsibility for his actions that killed shitloads of people, and ruined the lives of almost everyone else. And when he reached Antarctica, he ignored the VersaLife scientists that desperately needed help, and instead built himself a hideout, and turned the Grays sentient because he needed servants. Now the problem is, by doing so the Grays became dependent on him, as they had no place in society, were no longer just lab rats, they had nowhere to go but stick with JC and hope for the best. He fucking fucked with their minds, so they became these miserable bunch of beings who constantly suffered, and experienced the suffering of each other because their minds were linked. But hey, at least now JC wasn't lonely anymore.

So those poor scientists noticed JC wandering around, and since they had no way to call for help, tried to contact him. But nope, who gives a shit, JC didn't do shit to save them from dying in incredibly shitty ways. They basically went mad, died from starvation, died from the cold, and some got eaten by the transgenics that escaped when JC freed the Grays. Some of them died in JC's basement, and he still refused to talk to them. Fucking hell.
>>
>>379220173
Now as JC decided to sleep instead of dealing with the shit going on around him, Helios was thinking about the ways he could make the world a better place. Too bad both he and JC were outcasts who knew fuckall about what humans actually needed, so they arrived at the genius conclusion that the only way to help humans is to turn everyone into beings like them. That was achieved by distributing Denton DNA around the world, augmenting and connecting every single person, whether they wanted it or not.

And his allies? Tong still felt guilty as fuck about even suggesting blowing up Area 51 after seeing the shit it caused, so he was happy to go along with a plan that was the exact opposite of what he believed in. And Paul? He was like "This sounds all kinds of retarded, but that must be because JC is on a whole different level now. I'm sure he knows what the fuck he is doing. He has my support." And than we have other key members of his clan, like the Egyptian chick who came from a poor family and was happy that at least someone gave her an opportunity to get away from the slums, so she was completely okay with whatever JC had in mind. These are the people JC surrounded himself with. A bunch of faggots completely disconnected from reality.
>>
File: 1470264730937.jpg (72KB, 732x645px) Image search: [Google]
1470264730937.jpg
72KB, 732x645px
It's too bad we couldn't work for Bobby. He worked so hard to get where he was, what a shame to tear it all down and even cuck him out of his god machine.
>>
>>379219342

it leaves the values of equality itself completely unexamined

for example an army of equals will be decimated if against an army with hierarchy. Imagine an army completely composed of generals
>>
Helios if you played as a good guy and not a fucking bastard
Illuminati if just wanted to fuck Bob
dont choose Dark Age, you destroy communications, where would you get porn?
>>
>>379221193
>where would you get porn?
We would go back to the original porn: Bestiality and holes in the ground/trees
>>
>>379221193
>dont choose Dark Age

But think of dat music, anon. It has the best goddamn music.
>>
>>379217869
>the problem is that some minds are better than others
And who decides who's more important? You? Maybe it's the foundation that's important.
>>
>>379221301
This, fuck the world, this music is so good it's worth it.
>>
>>379221279
Tong stop posting you chink faggot
>>379221301
Helios one is better, but Dark age is the second, Illuminati was shit
>>
>>379221421
>And who decides who's more important? You? Maybe it's the foundation that's important.
They make the decisions. They keep the machine running. Therefore, they must be protected first.
>>
>>379192309
So this is also the best game ever according to /v/.... WOAH
>>
File: ifblacksleft.png (162KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
ifblacksleft.png
162KB, 1024x896px
>>379221421

nature has already decided
>>
>>379220647
>an army of generals with expert field training and no chain of command to break
>>
>>379220513
You get to interface with helios instead of him, its pretty much NTR.
>>
File: 1494009279379.jpg (13KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494009279379.jpg
13KB, 290x400px
why is Deus Ex such a timeless classic? I dont even have nostalgia goggles, I played it 2 years ago and still remember the dialogue and intro, and the ost is fucking god tier
>>
>>379221864

who is going to swab the poop deck?

The point is that some will be more equal than others, there is no possibility of equality and there never was
>>
File: endings.jpg (193KB, 636x340px) Image search: [Google]
endings.jpg
193KB, 636x340px
Choose.
>>
>>379222262
>>who is going to swab the poop deck?

>full
>economic
>automaton
Also the generals are in perfect harmony and everyone, understanding the full importance of the task, will be willing to do it, and can do it with uttermost skill, therefore the most suitable person most readily available for the task would be picked
>>
>>379222380
tracer tong was an idiot.
gonna have to go with sarif.
>>
>>379222401

sounds like Helios will have made humans into drones for such a system to last
>>
>>379222631
sounds like you have little imagination. Just follow JC and it will be alright.
t. paul
>>
>>379222380
helios
sarif
expand cyberdong
>>
>>379222631
I think that was implied in DX:IW
>>
File: glasses.gif (1MB, 426x230px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.gif
1MB, 426x230px
>>379222759

yes goyim...yes

dont think, obey
>>
File: fagparis.png (26KB, 1021x754px) Image search: [Google]
fagparis.png
26KB, 1021x754px
>>379222873
IW isn't canon. In fact, it doesn't even exist.
>>
>>379222873
No, IW just shows a full loss of singular identity
>>
>>379213341
I think Ross pointed out some awful things from human revolution but he spent WAY too much time bitching about the piss filter. His analysis of the original was pretty spot-on though.
>>
>>379222380
In the first game Helios
In HR Taggart because you actually get given enough info to know that the other 3 are terrible choices that let the Illuminati win anyway
Sarif isn't completely awful but Eliza and Darrow are both full retard
>>
>>379222380
>Dindu Nuffin
>No Internet
>Hivemind
>Technology is evil
>Murderbots
>Drug dealer
>ALLAH AKBAR
I'm going with Drug dealer
>>
>>379223115
Well I think he spent so much time on it because a lot of other people did but fans replied to not make such a big deal out of it. So to prevent that dismissal from happening he wanted to support his point by saying that if other games did it as well it wouldnt be okay, so its not OK for HR. The fashion section was pretty cool though.
>DX review
when the redpills kick in and you have to focus on not going 6th dimensional chess
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
>>
I remember some maid in the Paris section talking about corporations turning Europe into a single country or something of the kind.
>>
>How much of you is machine?
>Helios and I are one consciousness. No distinction is possible.

Okay the--

>Helios and I had many months of productive thought.

>The Helios AI has the processing power to ... once every mind has been enhanced and can merge with the AI ...

>Helios will communicate, not assimilate

>Under my guidance, Helios has restructured itself to synthesize and redistribute information freely. It will become the collective consciousness of the human race.

>I want you to locate the Acquinas specification inside UNATCO. When Helios has recovered its hub privileges, you'll step into the infusion chamber.

>I don't want to end up like you... the pawn of an ambitious AI construct.
>Helios is simply the natural evolution of consciousness. The AI and I agree on how best to use each other's abilities.

Does. Not. Compute.

>How many of your thoughts do you think were given to you as suggestions during your long sleep in Antarctica?
>All of the best ones.

DUN DUN DUN
>>
>>379215276
>The problem with Helios
Not to defend the Helios ending given that it all canonically goes down the drain regardless because all three endings happen to make the sequel possible anyway, but separating that from the game for a moment self-determination is not an assumption as much as it's an ideal and not an absolute. I'm a huge DX fan but you shouldn't take fiction so literally that it loses whatever meaning it has.
>>
>>379223934

its more real than you think

http://localroger.com/prime-intellect/mopi1.html
>>
File: AUGMENTED.jpg (7KB, 243x280px) Image search: [Google]
AUGMENTED.jpg
7KB, 243x280px
Best JC quotes?
>Bravery is not a function of firepower.
>>
File: 1495393467092.jpg (13KB, 109x139px) Image search: [Google]
1495393467092.jpg
13KB, 109x139px
>>379224563
>maybe you should try getting a job
>>
File: synthesis.jpg (126KB, 532x518px) Image search: [Google]
synthesis.jpg
126KB, 532x518px
>>379224563
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfDxP-nD-g
>>
File: pravinlal.jpg (86KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
pravinlal.jpg
86KB, 650x366px
>>379224563
>>
File: life.jpg (123KB, 522x418px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
123KB, 522x418px
>>
>>379225669
>read comments
>he died
sad
>>
>>379221689
I know this is bait but this happens if it would be unfair for the guards to see you. Then they just don't see you
>>
>>379225669
Every children in this game is 40 years old
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.