[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

arcade sticks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Namco_Arcade_Stick_(1996).jpg (53KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
Namco_Arcade_Stick_(1996).jpg
53KB, 400x295px
I just bought my first arcade stick. Post your experience boyz. I had the most problem doing dragon punch motions, the trick I found is to go from forward to down forward and forward again(looking at the character animation helps a lot)
>>
also how would you lads rate the input devices.
Unpopular opinion coming through: keyboard > controller D-pad >controller analog
>>
oh well
>>
>>379192145
What game did you get a stick for?
>>
>>379192871
Tekken 7 but I practiced in sf5 mostly.
>>
File: IMG_4309.jpg (2MB, 2048x1166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4309.jpg
2MB, 2048x1166px
Pic related is the controller that I use for all fighting games. For a good while, I grew up emulating fighting games on my computer where I used a keyboard a lot and this helped me transition pretty easily.
Learning different characters in Injustice 2 right now so I can teach different people how to play those respective characters. Going to pick up Guilty Gear Revelator 2 sometime soon.
>>
>>379192986
I would always recommend getting 8 button sticks, but I'm not into Tekken so idk
>>
>>379193337
I'm afraid to ask how much that cost. I must say that emulates a keyboard better than mine with the analog. Must feel very natural coming from keyboard.
>>
>>379193682
Tekken only needs 4 buttons
>>
>>379193832
It is priced much higher than others, but I got my value out of it for the parts they used to assemble it and how much I've used it. I've had it since 2011 with no problems still. The only thing I had to do was add a converter so I could use it to play Killer Instinct on Xbox One, but other than that, it still works on PC and PS3/PS4.
>>
File: ArcadeStick.jpg (917KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ArcadeStick.jpg
917KB, 2560x1440px
Ordered my Brook UFB a while back and I still haven't gotten the shipping notification.

I heard Gear plays nicely with legacy controllers but I know SFV needs a DS4 hooked up. What's the word on that for Tekken and Injustice?
>>
>>379194832
something about the decal reminds me of atari or vectrex. Lord karnage would be proud.
>>
>>379192145
OMG! I remember using this arcade stick.
But I used in some other games
>>
OP here. I tested on a multitude of games and emulators and I must say the execution in sf5 is easier then most. I emulated capcom vs snk 2 on nulldc and I tried for 5 minutes to make a dragon punch come out.
>>
ppsspp automatically mapped my arcade stick. I'm actually impressed
>>
>>379195290
The execution barrier in 5 was lowered significantly. You can get parries off just by mashing the proper inputs. It made the idea of comebacks more of an expected occurrence rather than a rare event.
>>
>>379195817
yeah I saw the video of that dude parrying on cha cha cha
>>
File: IMG_20161222_235555.jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_235555.jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
Terrible wiring job. And the pcb is held with a rubber band instead of zip tie. But I love it.
Second stick after the $20 hour stick I had.
>>
>>379196787
I have a small factor one, I can't even rest my hand on it, it's too narrow. Unrelated is there a better tutorial on stick usage than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXP0kc9Sry8?
Dude is pretty on point.
>>
Anyone with any experience with the RAP 4 Kai? I heard it was easy to mod and decent enough for the price.
>>
>>379192145
I have this stick sitting in my closet right now. Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>379197407
my only qualm with the new Hori sticks is that the cable compartment door falls off a lot. I see a lot of people whose have fallen off completely.

My solution is to simply be careful and never use the cable storage to begin with. Unfurling the cable everytime is a bitch anyway.
>>
>>379197979
Seems like that would be a pain, guess I'll wait and pray a sale comes along.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.