[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly fightan thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Street-Fighter-1.jpg (41KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-1.jpg
41KB, 500x374px
There is too much shit flinging in the fightan community. Let's have a nice thread talking about which games we like and why.

Pointing out flaws is fine but let's focuss on how a game can be improved rather than just complaining.

My main game at the moment is Street Fighter V. It's far from perfect but I love it. I hope the SSFV rumors are true as this game could definitely be improved. As an Alex main I hippie he eventually gets a buff as well.

I also picked up Tekken 7. It seems really fun but I'm a complete beginner in the 3d fightan game. I font even have a main yet. I can barely beat the cpu on normal.

What's everyone else playing at the moment?
>>
SFV is a good game.
>>
>>379188859
I am playing Kolin in SFV and enjoying it. Feels like the first time I learned the minimal basics of a fighting game properly and isn't just mashing

Still get bodied by super bronze though. Just yesterday I ran into a Ken in Casual who just jumped around constantly and DP'ed and I had no answer ;_;

Also it feels like Kolin does very little damage compared to even a simple combo from the other characters.
>>
File: xmvsf.png (20KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
xmvsf.png
20KB, 384x224px
I kind of want to put some effort into X-Men VS Street Fighter (sort of my first fighting game, have tried many but none really picked up my attention). It seems fun but with fighting games I always feel like learning the moves and especially specials is a chore and I am too autistic to do it.

Any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>379188924
I totally agree, but it isn't perfect. I'd like to see combos opened up a bit and v-trigger reworked. It's a good idea but I don't think it was well implemented. On some characters v-trigger is borderline pointless and it's boring on several. It needs to do more than just slightly change frame data.
>>
>>379188859
>My main game at the moment is Street Fighter V. It's far from perfect but I love it. I hope the SSFV rumors are true as this game could definitely be improved. As an Alex main I hippie he eventually gets a buff as well.
Same here, only my main is Ryu and I have Chun-Li as a secondary as well. Thinking about picking up a few other characters, like Cammy, Gief, and Akuma.

I haven't even tried playing ranked yet, so I'm still Rookie.
>>
>>379189193
Hey I'm about the same level as you. Super bronze Alex main. I'm having a blast with the game but I can barely combo at all lol. I mostly focus on defense and punishing since bronzies seem to love wildly attacking with next to no defense. I have no answer for wild Cammies or Kens, though. And there are so many wild Kens in bronze... Those wake up dp's are brutal. I never really know what to do when I get someone on the ground. It's pathetic but I usually have to just back off and reset.
>>
>>379189193
>>379189684
>those Kens who do nothing but medium/high tatsu and DP on wakeup
Fuck.

Although I realized last time I was playing that you could punish the tatsus, so I started doing that. Getting hit by DPs on wakeup isn't fun at all. Often I try to push them towards the corner but try to block when I know they're probably going for a DP but get hit anyway because I fucking suck, kek.

I feel like I'm slowly improving though, which feels nice.
>>
TRY AGAIN KIDDO
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 750x750px
>>379188859
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on street fighter. Other more fun fighters, fighters that take actual care of thier fans, namely Tekken has advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is Street Fighter just can't seem to evolve. if you want something a little more "safe and Paid DLC-friendly," Street Fighter might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
File: 1474330588688.jpg (1MB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474330588688.jpg
1MB, 700x1000px
I hope my boy Sodom comes back in season 3. I'm looking forward to Zeku and Abigail though.
>>
>>379189193
>Kolin
>not just mashing
That character is literally a masher character.
>>
I suck at third strike as makoto.
I wanna not suck
>>
>>379190016
Learn to meaty. If they don't have meter, a properly timed one will blow them up.
>>
Smash bros melee. Incoming FGC hate
>>
>>379190016
Yea I just can't deal with the constant jump ins, especially if I get knocked down

It just feels like I'm constantly blocking and then the moment I do something I'm caught by an EX DP or Tatsu

This is super apparent when the character level is Lvl 20+

Everyone else in the teen levels I feel are closer to my level. But anyone with a character level of 20+ just completely bodies me and constantly catching me pressing buttons
>>
>>379188859
I'm playing Tekken 7, Samurai Shodown V Special, and Super Turbo
>>379188924
>>379189301
Plat here. I disagree. Game didn't change enough in 2.5. After playing 500+ hours of SFIV, I was still having fun. I'm not having any on SFV. Neutral game is a bore, balance is dumb (Why buff Cammy and Ibuki? They were already boarderline top tier), zoning sucks. Ect. The only thing that really exists is oki and mixups. It's really not enjoyable.

Capcom needs to pretty much overhaul the entire game. Until then, it'll remain uninstalled, and I won't play it.
>>
>>379191350
>Capcom needs to overhaul the game
So SSFV then like they plan
>>
>>379191265
>Yea I just can't deal with the constant jump ins
What character do you play? Most have a low fierce that can stop that. Others have stronger options.
>>
>>379188859
I used to play a lot of UMVC3 on consoles but fuck me oh boy, steam version is filled with tryhards fags that will chain combo till you die...

Cant keep playing like this
>>
>>379191550
Kolin

I think I can learn to deal with it if I got more opportunities to play them. But right now I'm still just playing in Casuals instead of Ranked (the longer ranked queue doesn't help either) so the matchup are pretty random and I don't face many of the higher level (kek) bronzes
>>
>>379191350
overhaul how?
you know they wont do this even if they release ssfv
new set of CAs, framedata changes and call it a day
>>
>>379191931
Just use high parry and stand fierce with her.
>>
waiting for some marvel info
leaked roster is a real disappointment. maybe they can save the game with gameplay
>>
>>379192193
I can't always get the spacing right though. I think it's really just a matter of experience

As a newfag pad user, movements in general stil give me trouble where I can't always make my character go where I want her to go 100% of the time, especially as player 2
>>
>>379192830
The spacing doesn't matter with the parry. If you get touched by a jump-in when it's active she'll auto-counter it for massive damage.
>>
Does anyone play Don 5 on PC anymore?
>>
>>379188924
>SFV

lmao
>>
File: 1453554243553_0.png (179KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1453554243553_0.png
179KB, 600x598px
>>379188859
I play Cammy, Nina and Kolin. :)
>>
File: 1494186410003.png (209KB, 786x802px) Image search: [Google]
1494186410003.png
209KB, 786x802px
Anyone EU wanna play some SFV?
>>
>>379191931
>>379196596

Are you in EU or NA?
>>
>>379196596
Sorry didn't mean to reply to you with>>379196739
>>
>>379196739
>Anyone EU

What do you think dummy
>>
At the moment, it's mostly Rev 2. Anyone else here play venom? I'm fine when i'm applying pressure, but I cant seem to deal with pressure being applied by the other person.
Just FD more and Blitz or dead angle?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.