[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to discuss the best RPG ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: aaa.jpg (1024KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
1024KB, 1440x1080px
It's time to discuss the best RPG ever
>>
>>379185357
Fallout 4 hands down
>>
>tfw missed the sale again

pirate it is
>>
I too love Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga OP
>>
I always wanted to try these games because the mechanics seem cool, but their setting and plot synopsis seem underwhelming to me. Especially since it's usually "yo if you like Morrowind, you'll LOOOOOVVVVEEE Gothic" and I really enjoy Morrowind's setting/lore.
>>
>>379185357
its not gothic 1
>>
>>379186389
Just pirate the first game and give it a shot. It's nowhere near as weird and varied as Morrowind but it's still a very detailed world and the first game especially has a great setting with interesting factions that sprung up from the unique circumstances of the world you're literally thrust into.
>>
>>379186389
Morrowind's setting is unique but dead and static, Gothic's setting is generic medieval fantasy but it's incredibly immersive and alive and polished to the max
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDA1uBNp3dA
>>
>>379186810
this
>>379185357
How the fuck do I get this to run properly on windows 10?
>>
>>379186389
I think Oblivion has more in common with Gothic tbqh
>>
>>379187084
what the fuck?

Oblivion has absolutely nothing to do with Gothic
>>
>>379187570
>Similar setting
>Similar NPC's
>Emphasized questing and role playing over "RPG mechanics"
>>
*ahem* mass effect andromeda
>>
I thought Oblivion was the best RPG ever...
>>
>>379187780
The only thing Oblivion's world has in common with Gothic 2 is that it has trees

Oblivion's world is a disney like happy forest while Gothic's world are dark and mysterious woods with heavy atmosphere and tiny mountain pathways

Oblivion's quest are also dull and aren't even close to being as good as Gothic 2's quests, not to mention that Oblivion has quest GPS system and Gothic 2 has a journal like Morrowind

>similar NPCs
NPCs in Oblivion are dogshit compared to Gothic 2, they all look like potatos, have boring and dull voice acting, the dialogues are boring. Gothic 2's voice actors have high energy and the dialogues are funny and sometimes ironic

And the main thing, Oblivion is piss easy while Gothic 2 is extremely difficult
>>
>>379188282
>NPCs in Oblivion are dogshit compared to Gothic 2,

Not true, Oblivion NPC feel more real because of their AI that makes them have daily routines, even if the VA isn't too good
>>
>>379186092
t. Todd
>>
we already have a thread up
>>379180468
>>
>>379185357
Wow, vanilla Skyrim looks like shit..
>>
>>379188828
>Not true, Oblivion NPC feel more real because of their AI that makes them have daily routines

Have you even played Gothic 2 you nigger?

All NPCs in Gothic 2 have daily routines and day and night cycle. They do their daily tasks during the day, they cook food, eat, drink, piss, talk to each other, during the evening they go to a tavern, and they even go home to their beds to sleep during night.

Even animals have day and night cycles, animals go to sleep at night and you can sneak up to them
>>
File: wew lad.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>im-fucking-plying
>>
>>379187084
Maybe if you're talking about Gothic 3, sure. The only thing Oblivion has in common with the first two Gothics is having NPC schedules and fewer RPG elements than Morrowind. But even the schedules are worse, since they're largely dictated by "radiant AI" rather than being fully scripted, and NPCs still don't actually do anything that require nonstandard animations like work the forge.

>>379187780
Oblivion did a good job of emphasizing questing by removing everything that got in the way of it, like needing to actually find quests and objectives or talk to NPCs that arrows aren't pointing to, or travel anywhere by foot or horse, or allowing the player to make any decision that might jeporadize one of their precious side quests, like kill an NPC or get locked out of a faction. So yes, Oblivion emphasized quests is a fair statement. It de-emphasized role playing on the other hand, even if you don't account for all the gameplay features removed that encouraged it (which you casually dismiss as "RPG mechanics") the quests themselves somehow managed to offer less choice and reactivity than even Morrowind's, which was already vastly far behind Gothic and most other RPGs in those regards.

Honestly, even Morrowind's terrible combat system is closer to Gothic than Oblivion's, as Gothic uses RNG based on weapon skill to determine how often you crit and do meaningful damage instead of hit normally for weak damage. Oblivion just scales all of your damage by weapon skill period, which combined with the massively inflating health of its universally level-scaled enemies makes for the most tedious wet-noodle-smacking combat system I've ever experienced in an RPG. Death by a thousand cuts indeed, for both you and your enemies. And god forbid you touch that difficulty slider which gives everything, even the first rats in the tutorial, a million health.

Comparing Morrowind to Gothic was already insulting to Gothic, but Oblivion goes even further in that direction.
>>
>>379189186
>>379189186
oh and if you sneak up into their house at night while they're sleeping and make noise they will wake up and tell you to get the fuck out of their house or they will attack you

And they also react to you drawing your weapon near them or preparing a spell, or just sneaking around them and being suspicious.

And animals even have their own AI, wolves hunt sheep, goblins attack other creatures and not just the player, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raW0hdlcgEk

and it came out 4 years before oblivion
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.