[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro Controller D-pad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1489381924425.jpg (24KB, 691x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489381924425.jpg
24KB, 691x350px
This controller is so close to being perfect except for one thing:
The D-pad is trash. It feels mushy and diagonal inputs trigger WAY too easily.
Is anyone else having problems with theirs or do I have a faulty?
>>
>>379180176
I have the same problems
playing puyo tetris with this thing was frustrating
>>
>>379180692
Same.
I think I might just use the joycon grip to avoid the issue.
What a fucking shame.
>>
haha you cant press a direction? for real hahaha
>>
>>379180794
People have been reporting sending the controller to nintendo fixed the issue.
I'm heavily considering just sending everything to Nintendo
and just demanding new everything because of all the issues I'm having.
>>
>>379180176
>DS4's D-pad is trash
>Posts a Nintendo D-pad that came after the SNES

First of all, I think DS4 has a lovely D-pad, but even if I disagreed with that, Nintendo's Dpads are trash for anything that would require intense use out of them, waaay too small to be good.
You CAN use it for Fire Emblem or other slow-paced games like that, but not for fighters or fast paced platformers.

That being said, Switch's Pro D-pad is literally the only one I haven't touched yet, but I think it's safe to assume Nitnendo went full retard once more with its size.
>>
>>379180176
Nah mine is the same. Nintendo literally took the Pro D-pad outta their assessment.
>>
>>379182316
I didn't mention the DS4 at all dude.
>>
Yep, it might actually be worse than the 360 d-pad, which is saying something.
>>
>>379182504
Lol I meant ass. Damn you corrector
>>
Why do you make this thread every day?
>>
>>379182612
No, this is my first time on account of buying the pro controller last week.
If you see similar threads so often I suppose it is a widespread issue after all.
>>
Whenever i press left or right while playing zelda, the up triggers sometimes. Its pretty annoying
>>
>>379182540
Sorry I'm blind as a bat. I think I either saw the DS4 as your image or that you mentioned DS4 in the comment. Fuck me

That being said, now that I actually got it, I can't agree that the Pro controller is perfect at all.

It lacks analog triggers and doesn't have a jack for audio output/input (this is also related to the Switch's horrible chat system). So even if the Dpad was good it's still behind on those aspects compared to other company's controllers since 7th gen.
>>
>>379183068
>It lacks analog triggers
UH THAT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD THING STUPID GAIJIN WESTKEK
>>
Is it a problem with the pro controller in general or just faulty models? The Wii u pro controller was damn near perfect, besides the lack of analog triggers so I was expecting the switch pro controller to be at least as good.

Also I'm glad I waited with buying the switch pro controller so far, that Splatoon edition looks sexy af.
>>
>>379183416
>STUPID GAIJIN WESTKEK
Actually the last western game I played was Titanfall2 and that was a huge exception. I can't even remember the one before that.

I think 1 western game in at least 2+ years disqualifies me from that category.

>>379183486
>Is it a problem with the pro controller in general or just faulty models?
And not being the standard model. Something you HAVE to pay $70 for
>>
>>379183416
This but unironically
The overwhelming majority of games don't utilise analog triggers, and have no reason to.
For those games, all analog triggers do is increase travel distance to input, so your fingers get uncomfortable more quickly.
>>
>>379182207
are you me desu
>>
>>379183871
how fragile are you underdeveloped girl hands, you virgin?
>>
Shit like this almost makes me thankful I can't even find a Switch in stores.
>>
>>379184552
>underdeveloped girl
LONDEN
>>
>>379184552
It's got nothing to do with hands.
Would you accept it if a controller's analog sticks were twice the diameter or your buttons twice the height for analog input, slowing down your input on ALL games, just so one or two games could utilise it?
No, you wouldn't accept that, so why are people so desperate to have it on the triggers?
>>
File: 1476381824839.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1476381824839.png
29KB, 741x568px
What were some controllers with good dpads?
They seem to be a relatively common problem
>>
>>379185421
SNES
Anything after the SNES that isn't SNES quality has no reason to exist
>>
>>379185421
The Wii U Pro Controller
>>
>>379185421
DS2 and 3 were fine, the dedicated fightpads are obviously good in this regard too. I hate the d-pad on DS4, it hurts my fingers.
>>
>>379185421
The Vita probably had the best feeling d-Pad I have ever used
>>
>>379185421
the entire Playstation line of controllers.
Few of Sega's.
NES and SNES.

That's about it. Every other standard Dpad sucks or is mediocre at best.
>>
>>379186752
>ds3
only the early variations, the one that comes with super slim has cheap feeling plastic and shitty D-pad and buttons.
>>
>>379185758
I have the same problem OP is describing with the Wii U Pro Controller
>>
>>379187405
>playstation
>good d-pads

lol no, faggot. They are fucking atrocious. Only ds4's pad is decent and maybe the vita one.
>>
>>379188072
Sure, just casually dismiss THE fighting game console brand like that.
I'm sure everyone and their mother bought a HORI arcade pad back in PS1 and PS2 days. None of them used the standard controller, moreso zero fighting game franchises were born and/or exploded in popularity during those eras specifically in those consoles.
>>
File: SaturnPad.jpg (358KB, 1138x692px) Image search: [Google]
SaturnPad.jpg
358KB, 1138x692px
Sega Saturn style d-pad is the only one that matters.
Logitech f310 does a decent job of copying it but it wears out quiickly. Fortunately they're only $20.
>>
File: hori.jpg (38KB, 912x337px) Image search: [Google]
hori.jpg
38KB, 912x337px
>>379180176
shame, waiting for the hori controller
>>
>>379185421
SNES controller and Wii Classic Controller. (Also I'd argue that the Switch's joycon dpad is actually pretty good with the grip buy they are literally just individual buttons.)
>>
>Pro contollers d-pad
>Bad

The fuck are you cucks smoking? That thing looks great.

t. haven't used it yet but purely based on looks it seems that it would perform amazingly.
>>
>>379188806
>Wired

LITERALLY WHYYYYY
>>
>>379180176
>2017
>Asymmetrical grip

M$ fanboys will defend anything.
>>
>>379180176
I feel the same way about the DS4

I don't know why anybody praises Sony D-Pad

Vita is an exception, that dpad was godlike
>>
>>379185421
Sega Saturn
Logitech F_10
>>
>>379186752
>Dualshock
>Good d-pad
Get that squishy garbage out of my face

It's fine on the first press but if you try to change directions it's utter shit

Fighting game inputs like DP motions feel like ass on it
>>
>>379190781
Looks have fuck all to do with how well a DPad is.

Cross or circle based don't mean shit, as Saturn vs 360 d-pad prove
>>
File: Shield_Controller-Top_w_600.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shield_Controller-Top_w_600.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
I like my shield controller
>>
>>379188494
Just because a lot of people use it doesn't mean it's good anon

Dualshock dpads are objectively mushy

Try doing Guile or Vega's super with it

Just because people can tolerate doesn't mean it isn't shit
>>
is it at least better than the 360's d-pad?
>>
>>379180176
I'm finding quite the opposite.
I can hardly hit diagonals in USFII.
>>
>>379192197
Not really. The mis-inputs are a deal breaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haufgEirH18
>>
>>379185758
You can press down center of that dpad, so the issue remains.

>>379191540
Logitech dpads are pretty bad. Again: Because you can press down center of the dpad, you get random inputs unless you only input on the edges with your nail. And it can still bend in additional directions.
>>
>>379191859
cuck controller
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.