[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me anon, Why dont you like Fallout 4? Cmon, i wont hurt you. Yet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_1556.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1556.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Tell me anon, Why dont you like Fallout 4? Cmon, i wont hurt you. Yet.
>>
File: 1472238433926.jpg (12KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1472238433926.jpg
12KB, 542x416px
Erm... Uh... Uhm...
>>
>that kid who thought Toddposting was funny
>>
File: IMG_1552.jpg (5KB, 102x134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1552.jpg
5KB, 102x134px
>>379178009
speak up
>>
File: ennie giving u the finger.jpg (7KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
ennie giving u the finger.jpg
7KB, 300x167px
It fucking sucks, dude.
>>
>>379177857
Post apocaliptic settings bore the fuck out of me
>>
File: IMG_1557.jpg (62KB, 608x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1557.jpg
62KB, 608x720px
>>379178083
>>379178247
>>379178062
Care to say that again?
>>
>>379178062

I dont know. They amuse me, but they are quite frequent, maybe getting a bit out of hand.

>>379177857

Settle down Todd. It was fun for a week, then I got bored. Your settlers are babies.

Now wheres that TES VI you promised us and hyped up so soon? Workin hard buddy?
>>
>>379177857
I hate the lack of weapon variety. I hate the factions, they're all terrible, and every key character ranges from unlikable to annoying to hateable. I hate a voiced protagonist, it was completely unnecessary. I hate the lack of perks. I hate the removal of skills. And I hate you Todd, I hate your constant lies and your small size.
>>
>>379177857
i bought it you fucking son of bitch.
>>
File: dork.jpg (28KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
dork.jpg
28KB, 500x303px
From the worst offenders to the least:
Incredibly shitty plot.
Voiced MC.
Lack of choices in what assumedly is a RPG (Skyrim had the same problem 2bh).
>Another settlement needs your help
Shootan was fine compared to F3/NV but any pure FPS does it better anyway.
No skills in a Fallout game.

Back to the drawing board, Toddy boy.
>>
Modern Western games not named The Witcher are shit.
>>
>>379179024
This. Step your game up Todd.
>>
>>379177857
Where can I sign up for the shill job?
>>
It's a shitty version of borderlands with a fallout skin.
>>
>>379177857
Your fucking game keeps crashing why?!
WHY TODD WHY
>>
File: IMG_1558.jpg (127KB, 1280x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1558.jpg
127KB, 1280x1296px
>>379181048
>>379179440
>>379179220
>>379179024
>>379178410
you know HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE A GAME?!!?!! I MADE IT WITH LOVE AND TRUTH AND YOU BASH ON IT
>>
>>379181261
This is terrible. I can't believe there is one anon who is obsessed with this man. It's stalker level.
>>
File: toddy.png (76KB, 419x141px) Image search: [Google]
toddy.png
76KB, 419x141px
I love Todd-kun!
>>
File: unknown.png (15KB, 1401x48px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
15KB, 1401x48px
>>
File: 1477400658623.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1477400658623.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>379181473
i agree fellow anon, lets get back to talking about fallout
>>
File: 916512.jpg (105KB, 682x190px) Image search: [Google]
916512.jpg
105KB, 682x190px
>>379181261
>>
>>379183483
>20k leechers
>>
>>379177857
Let's LARP that this really is Todd, that Toddposting isn't just a fun pisstake against one of the most insufferably overrated mediocrities in the entire industry. Let's do that.

Okay, Mr. Howard. I can't speak for anyone but myself, here. I won't claim to represent a consensus. What I will do is itemize a few key complaints about Fallout 4, and outline a generally troublesome metaproblem beyond that, and discuss what I see as a worrying trend which is continuous across the last five games your studio has shipped.

Okay, you've admitted as much so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say the mistake was innocent, but the voiced protagonist was a bad decision and the consequences were very far-reaching in their implications. The pipeline issues for producing that much content were something you'd never handled before. This resulted in a mangling of the dialogue system, and a removal of skillchecks (eventually skills must have followed in general, because it's pretty clear that gutting the entire SPECIAL skill and trait systems was a late-phase decision undertaken for one reason or another and not properly tested because the current perk system is a broken mess that destroys the possibility of builds) for a single stat-based dice roll. We already see the metaproblem I'll talk about later starting emerge but staying on topic I'll say, not committing to voice for the PC would have fixed many problems and allowed for a range of solutions to other problems that are otherwise impossible and right now those same problems can't be fixed.
(to be continued)
>>
Much like every Bethesda game since Oblivion, it simply does not present me with compelling fiction, while simultaneously not really having that good mechanics. The first problem is the grave one, the second is less of an importance for me in an RPG, but still. There is no point to this game, nothing that would make it worth the time.

The world building, writing, and environmental design is awful. Now to give credit where credit is due: it's MUCH better than in some of the older games (Bethesda has been improving in this regard slightly, both Skyrim and Fallout 4 are not nearly as attrocious as Fallout 3 and Oblivion were) but it's still terrible. There is no soul, no atmosphere, nothing of substance anyway: it's so god damn generic, vapid and unimaginative vision of post-apocalypse it's just not worth seeing. It's not a world that feels like it's worth exploring.

And add to that the feeling that the player does not make an impact while interacting. Or more precisely that the player CHARACTER makes zero impact. It's not really roleplaying: the "role" you set up for yourself does not really come into role here. It's just small numbercrunching that only impacts combat, which is the one part I really don't give a fuck about.

I like RPG's because they allow me to mold my own character, and have that character being a major driver of the story. I like role play, to deal with my character, his flaws and strenghts being integral to the story. Fallout 4 does not allow you to do that.
And I like open world games because they allow me to explore fictional worlds. See beautiful things, get immersed in atmosphere of strange and unknown places. And Fallout 4 does not allow that either because everything is so god-damn bland, generic and tailored to children's taste.

Original Fallouts and NV for the most part had atmosphere. They had an idea, a tone. They were good pieces of fiction. The same is true of Morrowind.
Fallout 4 is not like that.
>>
File: hu.png (30KB, 96x126px) Image search: [Google]
hu.png
30KB, 96x126px
>>379184248
>>379184592
So you bought it or not?
>>
>>379177857
>>379178076
There's not enough dlc okay?!?!! There I said it.
>>
>>379184248
(continued)
The problems with the engine are less innocent, more multifaceted, and more indicative of the large problem your own Emil Pagliarulo admitted to in a talk at what I believe was GDC. Bethesda Game Studios no longer maintains design docs from project start to finish. So goals can shift at varying levels of command and control, while work continues to plug away at outmoded vision. You artificially extended the load times, but also took drastic measures to keep those load times short. You stuck your mip values in the archives instead of leaving it up to video hardware. You simplified the structure of nearly every script-based encounter or activity and yet still have not incorporated basic internal sanity checking into the engine. Bugs were pervasive at launch and are still today. A few quests have had specific patch notes claiming their critical path bugs have been fixed half a dozen times, and each time the bug endures and prospers. Mod and patch stopping technical revisions to cell structure were undertaken to keep the engine's dynamic lighting from tanking frame rates but shadowmaps are calculated through CPU Core 1 for some crazy reason. Broken meshes are broken forever, the lighting system will never work well on anything short of a Blue Gene unless it's ripped out and replaced entirely. That texture pack was a silk hat on a pig because you haven't done a thing to improve the UV mapping issues you've had since Morrowind, and it looks worse than games with far more modest hardware requirements.

Your writers were given too much freedom with the setting, instead of having it anchor their thinking and give them a solid base, they were allowed to cross out the plots of entire games if it suited their whims. Nothing matters and a setting, even one as established and storied as Fallout, has no value if each new entry is effectively a black hole devouring every game that came before.
(to be continued)
>>
>>379185043
Nope. Pirated. Played for about 15 hours or so before realizing that Beth has not learned the really important lessons they need to learn yet, so I dropped it.

The last game I bought by Beth was Fallout 3. That and Oblivion were both a painful lesson about never buying Beth games before playing them for solid 15+ hours and knowing what I'm getting into.
>>
todd is a fag and a manlet jew
>>
>>379185175
>to he continued
Is this a jojo reference?
>>
>>379178410
The threads are amusing for maybe 20 or 30 posts and then they get repetitive and devolve into rping and then the shitty toddposters who want to get in on the fun come in and start posting nothing but enraged all-caps todds and eldritch horror todds.
>>
>>379177857
I'm playing picross and don't give a shit about it, ok Todd?
Now will you please fuck off?
>>
>>379185175
(continued)
Retcons are at best a necessary evil, but they're never not an evil. Your retcons were never necessary and they were themselves in service to ideas so facile and pointless as to be not only wasteful of the setting at large, but of this particular game's potential. Cataloging them all could fill a large volume, and not a single one is justified or valuable. Nothing is made better by their existence.

The story feels less like a cohesive single set of ideas driving towards a particular conclusion and more like a patchwork of random 'wow wouldn't it be cool if...' high concept pitches. Nothing in the game gets beyond the elevator pitch, nor can it sustain more criticism than an elevator pitch deserves; treated as a serious narrative the game falls to pieces so fast it feels like a desperate attempt to outdo the staggering failure of Fallout 3.

Gunplay is one area where everyone seems to want to cut you some slack. Given how little of the improvements came from you, I'm not so inclined. Between features lifted whole cloth from Wanderer's Edition and Project Nevada, and the admitted but not clarified input from id software, it's up in the air how much of this is you and how much is in them. Either way, it's also not a straightforward improvement as Project Nevada didn't bind grenades to the same key for holding breath while aiming that is also the same key for doing power attacks with melee weapons and melee attacks with ranged weapons, with no non-mod solutions to fix this problem. Ammo switching is gone, variable moves are gone, combat is less sophisticated and complex than previous games, yours or Interplay's.
(to be continued)
>>
There’s a meme on 4chan that has Todd Howard, often in an assortment of disguises, showing up and demanding that people buy and/or preorder Bethesda’s latest game. And he gets increasingly more irate as posters reply saying they pirated it, or that they thought the game was bad.
>>
>>379184153
Seeding is for cucks anyways
>>
File: IMG_1521.jpg (52KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
52KB, 341x204px
>you can craft everything
> except ammo

Base game is dogshit.
>>
File: a cowboy.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a cowboy.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>379185917
Not sure I understand what you're talking about. We're just anonymous posters talking about Fallout 4.
>>
>>379177857
voiced protag
shitty dialogue system
A Fallout game will never grace my toaster, bought or pirated, until that shit is gone
>>
>>379185917
[citation needed]
>>
>>379185840
(continued)
As bad as quest design has gotten, the repeat of Skyrim's dungeon layouts combines with the core loop at the heart of the game to make the process of exploration a feast of the unflavored. And that, in turn, feeds into the loop.

Fallout 4 has a single modal loop that all things are crushed, bent or twisted into. Everything gets swallowed up in the following system:

Explore, Fight, Loot, scrap, stash, craft, repeat. The entire game is designed so that nothing can really get in the way of it. The entire architecture of the quest system folds itself up neatly, never getting in the way of it. The settlement system is like a tumor growing atop it. Why are there no true unique weapons like the Holo Rifle? Because they would have to stand apart from the crafting system to some extent. That standing out is a liability to such systems, playing Far Cry 3 and 4 is a rude awakening to that. And that speaks to the core of the game's real problem.
(to be continued)
>>
File: 1487629366974.png (419KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1487629366974.png
419KB, 600x610px
>>379186524
I didn't hear you anon. Would you say it again?
>>
forced meme is forced, fallout 4 was a good game
>>
>>379186571
(continued)
Fallout 4 is an incoherent mess of a design. Its central plot is undermined by the game itself. Every attempt at creating dramatic urgency is fraudulent in the face of a game built around nonstop pointless fucking around with no consequences whatsoever. Everywhere one sees wasted potential and missed chances. And that's where we hit the heart of the issue. Every Bethesda game from Daggerfall onward has been a degenerate mess of bad design decisions covered up with other bad design decisions. It's how you've gotten by lo these 21 years.

Fallout 4 is the first time that formula just isn't enough anymore. The individual parts are weak and lacking in substance to the point that they drag each other down rather than hold each other up. Every bad idea in Fallout 4 is protected, momentarily, by another bad idea, which is also guarded by another bad idea. Your fans and apologists can be rooked into arguing themselves in circles with pathetic ease because they simply do not want to face the fact they've chosen to like something bad.

I had more to say but thinking about such an opulent pile of shit that came out the same year as The Witcher 3 is just not fun. I'm not enjoying this. I'm done.

PS - Stop ripping off mod makers. It's pathetic.
>>
Honestly I think the settlement system was the main problem, not even the skill or speech check shit, because honestly I preferred it to New Vegas.
The problem with settlements is they REPLACED what could have been fully functional towns(with quests and NPC's), with generic settlements and expected you to build them all up every fucking playthrough. Not to mention, so many settlements weren't ideal for building AT ALL.

Another problem was, every single NPC in the game was lackluster because of these settlements. They really fucking bit the turd when they made almost every npc generic and or essential. I think Bethesda needs to realize at some point that the writing is actually the most important part of the game.
>>
>>379177857
B-but Fallout 4 is.. is my FAVORITE video game, Todd!! I swear it!
>>
>>379177857
You sold your soul for profits, Todd.
When I replay Oblivion, I can see that a lot of effort was put into creating all those side quests and guilds. Fallout 4 was a lazy cash-grab attempt.
You have changed, and I no longer wish to buy your games.
>>
>>379185043
I did. I regretted it. Unless the next Fallout is made by Obsidian, I'm not even vaguely interested.
>>
File: 1495830984981.jpg (118KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1495830984981.jpg
118KB, 704x396px
Open the door, anon
I brought snack we can eat while we enjoy some The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition™®©
>>
Can't wait to preorder everything Todd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwaKcL2q-U
>>
I think skyrim special edition was more of a cash grab than fallout 4.
>>
Is howard a Jewish last name by any chance?
>>
it took out everything that made fallout a great series to begin with,
karma system is gone
dialog options will have the same outcome.
special states are basically useless and only the charisma comes into play during dialog.
almost no new lore. previous fallout games have written lore for almost EVERYTHING and it take hours to read through all of it and brings a lot of realism to the series,i always loved how how much though went into everything. Fallout 4 had almost nothing new to offer..
the settlement building is fun and they finally added more life like companions but that about it for the improvements. i'd say its not a fair trade.
i have no problem with the protagonist being voiced but the limitations that came with it are a hurtle, i mean instead of recording 900+ names for Codsworth couldn't they have spent all that time and money on adding more lines to the protagonists, maybe more special stats dialog options?
all in all it's not really an rpg no matter what stats or dialog choices you choose its always the same character. i just did my 4th PT of New Vegas and i still found things i'd never experienced before and each time it feels fresh even through it's the same story, because the game was made with love and care by a studio who cared more about make a good game than a huge profit.
>>
>>379177857
I do like it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.