[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: overwatch.jpg (416KB, 843x1233px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
416KB, 843x1233px
>>
wow op that looks like quite the cool tight-knit community you've stumbled upon there!
Why don't you go back?
>>
File: 1486069147181.png (1MB, 1280x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1486069147181.png
1MB, 1280x1372px
>>379176807
It was interesting, and I'm glad you screen-grabbed it.

I'd argue that her example of women being raised with different skill-sets in gaming is a little strange, especially when she brings up Halo in her personal anecdote, which was the first big game in the market to use the specific dual-stick control scheme for shooters. It was revolutionary.

So when she says she was playing it alongside the boys who were beating her, and she decided to quit, all it shows is that on a level playing field, women can't compete with men, and will always choose not to do so.

Basically it invalidates everything else she writes, even if there's a hint of relevance in it.

Women just can't compete with men, for any myriad of reasons, and this is why they play characters who get out of the way of the real action.
>>
>>379176807
Jesus christ, is reddit the land of tldnr?
>>
>>379179275

Skim the bold points, takes 30 seconds man
>>
I doubt it.
>>
File: 1494891368834.jpg (9KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494891368834.jpg
9KB, 285x200px
>>379178065
Don't make me do it
>>
File: 1493106478814.jpg (204KB, 1544x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1493106478814.jpg
204KB, 1544x1031px
>>379178294
You're welcome
>>
This is actually a lot of the same reasons I end up playing support as well. My childhood was secluded and playing single player games, and I didn't have internet or a computer until will into highschool because my family was dirt poor, so i never developed any team/competitive spirit, it any twitch skills, so I grew up to dislike multi games because they featured the things I wasn't good at.
>>
>>379182134
I'm a dude and I like playing support for some of the same reasons as well, but the game is more fun when you switch up your role.

Overwatch as a whole is easier than most "twitch" games since it's less about how well you shoot, and more about how you use your abilities and pair with your team mates, so I'd recommend giving the other characters a shot, even if you feel intimidated.

Soldier 76 is a ctually a great way for people who normally play healer to get into someone slightly more offensive. He's well-rounded, in most respects, easy to use, and also has a heal ability that's good for your whole team.

Next time you're thinking of healer and it's not a competitive match, try Soldier 76.

I'd also recommend this for any girls or any "Mercy Mins"
>>
What a fucking waste of a read its all common sense and this dumb hoe did her "Graduation thesis" on this kind of bullshit
Women are fucking retarded
>>
>>379182134
I literally did not play FPS games until I was 15 and I have better aim than 80% of Overwatch players
>>
>"comparative cultural studies"
>thesis on e-sports
>>
>>379176807
Fourth point is hillarious Widow is the most ugly one out of all females in OW. Mercy definitely have more sex appeal than Widow.
>>
>>379183089
lolno
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.