[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FROM's Next Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

What do you want out of it, /v/?

>Aztec/Maya aesthetic
>can choose to be native to your land or an outsider
>game begins with you being sacrificed atop a ziggurat
>your heart is taken and your body is thrown down the steps of the huge structure
>you reanimate, and set out to steal your heart back from the god it was given to
>gibbing and decapitating a part of parry/riposte gameplay
>game is mostly melee, though a stealth gameplay approach is also possible
>no pre-created movesets, they are created by you as "fighting styles," allowing you to create your own combos and strikes
>>
I wonder how they'd integrate online into this sort of setting.

With Dark Souls and Bloodborne it was a lot easier since the games always had a vague, mysterious vibe to them but it might be harder to pull off without suspending your disbelief here.
>>
>>379174170
Eh they could write it off as the other players are just other sacrifices or something.
>>
>What do you want out of it, /v/?
that they keep it a ps4 exclusive, like bloodborne.
>>
What I want is Armored Core 6
>>
>>379173971
What makes /v/ think this is going to have a Mesoamerican theme? Did somebody just spitball it and it stuck as a hoped-for thing? Or is this the same OP who has brought it up before?

It's high time for something like that and I can imagine no better group to do it, and OP's wishlist is great. But I wonder what hivemind thing is going on that everyone's suddenly all about Maya/Aztec. Apocalypto came out ages ago.

The only other studio that seems to invite hoped-for themes and settings, particularly historical ones, is the AssCreed people and it's a shame. It's like there's too few devs worth trusting to cover an actually interesting subject that hasn't been trod to death or is sure to be poorly-realized. Used to be, Creative Assembly and other strategy outfits would be the guys we'd brainstorm settings for, but they seem to be happy with the things they've already done now.
>>
>dark souls with mexicans
And retards will still eat it up
>>
>>379173971
If this turns out to be true I am cautiously optimistic. It doesn't sound amazing to me but I have a lot of faith in fromsoft. I have enjoyed all of their games since demons souls.

The unarmed combat focus sounds like a weird choice for the setting, though. Aztecs had weapons and as far as I know weren't known for marital arts. But my knowledge on the subject is pretty weak. With a focus on martial arts I would think ancient China would make more sense. I would love to see fromsoft carry on the Jade Empire legacy since bioware went to shit.

If game play is comparable to a more user friendly God Hand with god tier fromsoft setting and lore it could be pretty great.
>>
How about this

>stop shitting out the same game every fucking year
woah!
>>
>>379174692
this guy knows what's up
>>
File: 1495552519204.jpg (15KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
1495552519204.jpg
15KB, 211x203px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s15dss2igMeU
>>
>>379175805
but I like the taste of it
>>
>>379175805
Dude, this is the video game industry.
>>
File: 1486227570985.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486227570985.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
So the source for all these aztec mayan rumors are just some dude on reddit?
Like, thats all we're going off?

Either way it seems like a sick setting, I'd prefer it over something in an already established franchise like Armored Core or Bloodborne. They seem to thrive in new settings and then stagnate as they try to over explain those settings.

I'd have prefered DS3 to be removed from DS and have focused more around Pontiff and Aldrich. That stuff felt so removed from the rest of the games bullshit and so much more interesting and it just dosnt really go anywhere significant.
>>
>>379174918
It's a rumour that's been going around on Reddit.
>>
>>379176905
Whats funny is on /r/games they consider it "a rumor thats been going around on 4chan"
The original source of the rumor is some reddit poster and then it got posted on eurogamer and then I think Gaf, so its making the rounds.
>>
>>379173971
this formatting is really bothering me
>>
>>379173971
>that letter spacing
I want to vomit.
>>
>>379177035
Fucking morons.

It's like they thought they'd invent a followup to the Project Beast leaks.
>>
>>379174692
I want Metal Wolf Chaos 2
Until then, I'll believe in my own justice.
>>
>>379177101
>>379177219
have you ever thought about how fucking autistic you guys must be to be triggered by something as trivial as this?
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
Sage
>>
>>379177631
Learn to appreciate typography, pleb.
>>
>soulshit

pass
>>
>>379177846
I'd rather not wanna end up like you
>>
Phantom Wail isn't even a title they'd use.
>>
>>379175805
I personaly love the souls formula. As long as they keep improving it, I'm okay with playing the same formula.
>>
File: 1491822621824.gif (3MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1491822621824.gif
3MB, 300x264px
>>379177101
>>379177219
>>379177846
>graphic designers
>>
File: ''''insider sources''''.png (43KB, 1055x287px) Image search: [Google]
''''insider sources''''.png
43KB, 1055x287px
>>379173971
fake and gay, go back to GameFAGs:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/75390824
>>
>>379174170
You'd be a reanimated sacrifice aiming to take back your heart from god. But the moment a fellow time traveling zombie appears you can no longer suspend disbelief?
>>
>>379173971
Cyberpunk souls
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.