[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Zelda the best video game series of all time ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170304_002404.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170304_002404.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Is Zelda the best video game series of all time ?
>>
Yes.

The next major installment will be King of games.
>>
File: zelda251.jpg (1MB, 960x5253px) Image search: [Google]
zelda251.jpg
1MB, 960x5253px
>>379169950
yeah pretty much
>>
That'd be Metal Gear Solid up until and including 4.
>>
I love them, but Zelda is the most overrated video game series of all time.
>>
Is it cool to like Skyward Sword yet?
>>
>>379170343
This.this.this
>>
>>379169950
Maybe, but Wind Waker is objectively the worst Zelda game.
>>
File: 1460891689864.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460891689864.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>379169950
>windwaker
>>
>>379170351
Sure, we can talk about how awful it is compared to other Zelda games.

There is no Zelda cycle. 3d Zelda games became progressivly worse until botw. So of course people looked more fondly on the last one. Well, at least it's not as bad as this one.

Skyward sword is the worst 3d Zelda. Probably always will be.
>>
>>379170197
>Legend of Zelda: King of Games
>main theme is gambling
sounds dope
>>
>>379170605
Do you ever leave this board you mentally ill fuck?
>>
>>379171262
Not the same guy who makes those threads.
>>
>>379170343
This. I love the series and have played nearly all of the games but it has a tendency to be overrated.
>>
>>379170197
I can't wait for the BotW sequel. If they take the time to fix a few things, it might actually be the best game in the series.
>>
>>379171667
It's going to take at least 4-5 more years before Nintendo releases the sequel. This isn't the N64 days where Nintendo released MM almost a year later.
>>
>>379170494
No it is the GOATest series and Wind Waker is the worst only after Skyward Sword, Ages, Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks in that order.
>>
>>379171583
Shut up you Uncle Tom. Don't you get tired of being submissive online to anonymous people?
>>
>>379170343
No, that's Final Fantasy.
>>
>>379170351
I'm playing through SS right now and I really don't see why everyone is complaining. It's got plenty of flaws to be sure (Fi being as annoying as Navi and Gaepora combined, the empty Sky, the harp being brainless and underused, etc.) but I'm enjoying the core gameplay much more than WW and unironically OoT. I prefer exploration-based gameplay but since I knew it would be linear upon walking in, I haven't had any issues. I don't give a fuck about the story but the writing itself is generally pretty snappy and has made me laugh more consistently than the other 3D Zelda games. What am I missing here?
>>
>>379172254
Fuck off you mindless fanboy. I'm fine with admitting the faults in things I enjoy. I don't agree with him because I want acceptance, I agree with him because it's true. Zelda games often get overrated because their Zelda. A series that has so few bad games tends to end up like that.
>>
>>379172343
It does have good writing somehow, but that's all you'll enjoy. You'll not find another redeeming quality in that mess of a "game." Abandon ship while you still aren't burnt and just replay BotW.
>>
>>379172508
Then you wouldn't agree if you believed that you delusional jackass. Name another series that touches Zelda in quality x quanitity. If not, don't reply to me again. In fact, I don't want to respond to your cowardly ass again so just don't. I already know you'll dodge mentioning your favorite series for fear of throwing it under the bus or else not reply because you'll dignify what I accused you of being. Your stupidity has betrayed as much about you.
>>
>>379172587
Can you please explain why you dislike it so much? I'm genuinely mystified. I can't tell if I'm somehow playing a magical copy or what but I'm genuinely having fun with it. BotW is significantly better but SS is a solid 7/10 for me.
>>
I'd put Megaman in first, second would probably be Zelda. Third'd be Mario, followed by Castlevania tied with SMT.
>>
>>379172948
My favorite series is the original spyro series. I don't know what that has to with anything though. But if I were to name a series that rivals Zelda with quantity x quality it would probably be Kirby. Not my favorite but can't really think of a bad game. There's your reply. Go ahead and come up with more baseless insults to throw at me without actually refuting anything I say.
>>
File: 1491605737371.png (1KB, 120x135px) Image search: [Google]
1491605737371.png
1KB, 120x135px
>>379172948
kirby desu senpai
>>
File: what did he mean by that.png (902KB, 943x695px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by that.png
902KB, 943x695px
>>379172587
SS is one of my favorite Zelda games. At least the swordplay takes more skill than mash B/Y.
>>
BotW is the best in the franchise.
If you disagree with this your a fucking hipster who thinks its not 'vintage enough'
>>
I just finished Majora's mask and I loved it more than any of the other Zelda games I've played. Are there any more games that are kind of like this? I liked the 3 day cycle and the plethora of side quests.

Also, what's the closest Zelda game to MM?
>>
>>379169950
that's not even the best three zelda games
>>
>>379173280

Nintenbro

but really, Nintendo IPs are GOAT, although imo newer installments kind of suck. Everything else on a Nintendo system sucks though.
>>
>>379175124
Depends on what you liked about it. If you enjoyed the more somber tone, consider TP. If you liked all of the different NPCs and sidequests, try SS or Spirit Tracks which have plenty of interesting NPC interactions throughout the game. For me personally, the game that has put me in the most similar "mindset" to MM was Link's Awakening.

Since each game is really its own experience, there's nothing quite like MM. What other games have you played and what did you like/dislike about them?
>>
Well, the games between WW and BotW were pretty shit
>>
>>379173194
I'm with you. Didn't enjoy it quite as much as other Zelda games, but fucking loved it as a whole. I have fewer gripes with it than most.
>>
>>379175645
Part of it might be that I'm playing it on the WiiU years later. I haven't had to change the batteries in the Wiimote once yet. I just cleared the Fire Sanctuary and it's still on 75% charge.
>>
File: Zelda ALBW.gif (806KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda ALBW.gif
806KB, 500x273px
>>379175606
i hope you mean the 3d mainline games
>>
>>379170343
Definitely one of. Wind Waker and Twilight Princes are 6/10, and Skyward Sword is just downright boring yet still gets insane critical praise for no reason http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword

Fuck, I really enjoyed WW when it was new but looking back it's obvious that the game has glaring flaws. Haven't touched BotW but most of the 3D Zelda games are overrated.

>>379172508
>>379173194
The combat system is dull, enemies walk up to you and sporadically change their guard around until they hold a position for you to attack. It's just plain uninteresting. The dungeons are fairly forgettable, the bosses suck, the dosing sections are boring, the vast majority of the items you get aren't easily usable in combat, the linear nature of the game means that 90% of the time you will be doing something not interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBvbX1wTRA

This video also points out a lot of the issues TP and SS have had, but SS is just so much more offensive than TP.
>>
>>379171210
lol no wind waker is
>>
>>379176608
The only fun part of SS are the "stealth" sections. The only boring part of Wind Waker is the sailing.
>>
>>379176283
Thank you kindly for taking the time to discuss its flaws. I'll take a look at this video.

I'll agree with you about the unfortunate use of items. I far preferred the dungeons of TP to SS, but I think that the bosses of SS aren't that bad other than Tentalus or whatever that thing was called. I actually find the swordplay to be pretty fun rather than uninteresting, especially as you can get enemies to drop their guards by being aggressive, shield bashing, and running around them, so I don't spend that much time simply waiting.
>>
>>379176987
are you fucking kidding me,
>>
File: 1486517144375.png (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486517144375.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>379169950
Not at all
Horizon is better than every Zelda game
Sony always win
>>
>>379177089
I didn't find the combat offensive like a lot of people did, but I did find it dull while the rest of the game is just a flat out downgrade compared to TP.

I was so hyped to fly around and find populated sky islands, like WW but not completely bare. I was so goddamn disappointed when I actually got into the game.

>>379177103
Neg.
>>
>>379177181
>2016
Well received
>2017
Most 10/10s all time
>2018
Games aren't out yet

What a pathetic picture
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.