[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes the Vietnam War the best FPS setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

File: Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (14KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
14KB, 1200x800px
What makes the Vietnam War the best FPS setting?
>>
>>379167327
KhĂ´ng
>>
it ain't me
>>
>>379167327
The aesthetic
>>
>>379167327
>What makes the Vietnam War the best FPS setting?
Because americunts got BTFO'd so hard they had to make several hollywood movies making themselves look like if they won the war there.
>>
>>379168184

We won the war, retard. We bombed the north so hard they signed the Paris Peace Treaty
>>
With Bad Company 2 Vietnam's servers empty as hell and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam being little more than a glorified Call of Duty clone, can someone recommend me an actual good Vietnam game?
>>
>>379168249
>american education
>>
Best soundtrack.
>>
>>379168249
>We won the war

Americucks are this delusional.
>>
File: fps_evolution.jpg (707KB, 1280x1821px) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution.jpg
707KB, 1280x1821px
>>379167327
>the best FPS
as cancer is still cancer, and FPS will always be an FPS
>>
>>379168450
>this is the average americuck poster on /pol/ telling you that non-whites should be gased
>>
>>379167327
The knowledge that you won't really win the war in the end. Atypical for the genre.
>>
spanish civil war fps when
>>
Because it's a controversial setting that can't be very easily exploited into silly shallow military power fantasy, which USUALLY (not always, think those Vietnam War segments in some of the CoD games) forces the developers to more nuanced and thoughtful approach.

It's not a war that can be easily glorified, in fact it'so one that has been regarded with sense of bitterness and tension.
Also, it's associated with an era of great iconography, massive cultural and artistic shifts and movements resulting to a lot of iconic movies, music and other memorabilia that can be easily exploited and people will immediately resonate with.

The best Vietnam Era shooter is still Illusion Software's Vietcong. Shame that it does not get the recognition it deserves. But it's a perfect illustration of how and why is Vietnam war setting so easily turned into powerful experience.

Also, fuck Fortunate Son. I propose a new theme for Vietnam war gaming discussions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuYL-keoGvU
>>
File: nam-shot4[1].jpg (39KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
nam-shot4[1].jpg
39KB, 490x368px
>>379168695
>>
>>379168480
But they did. There isn't viet cong in the states and there are mcdonalds in vietnam.

We won, fuckboy.
>>
>>379167327
that's not cyberpunk dystopia
>>
File: 1491662259180.jpg (126KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1491662259180.jpg
126KB, 433x419px
>>379168873
>heh-eh w-we won because there's mcdonalds in vietnam. that makes us victorius
kek
>>
>>379167327
i love anything to do with vietnam because of the absolute insanity of the war.

there was no reason to go to vietnam, none at all. america had to invent a reason to go shoot some gooks, then they drafted thousands of normies to go fuck shit up.

if it were today, imagine being told you were going to be sent to a jungle to kill some fucker because 'MERICA. you don't have a choice, if you say no you'll be fined and locked up and called a traitor.

now you're in vietnam, completely foreign environment, you and everyone in your unit are sick from god knows how many weird diseases and bugs, you're in the stinking hot jungle sweating your balls off and some fucking gook monkey is hiding in the bushes waiting to shoot you and run off.

or you're in a convoy of transport choppers being dropped off at an LZ thats literally being torn to shreds by hundreds of NVA, but the choppers dont turn around, you are shoved out of the chopper and into a meat grinder.

top that off with every motherfucker being high on whatever they can find, because fuck it we're gonna die anyway might as well die high.

brass that are trying to fight a land war as a police action, fire bases dropped in the middle of nowhere and reinforced via choppers that cant come in most of the time because of heavy AA fire.

fuck man. meanwhile back home the national guard are shooting student protesters in the fucking face for daring to argue against the state.

i fucking love it.
>>
>>379167327
Its one of the last famous war that was fought with conventional weapons and tactics. non conventional warfare isn't fun except for hit and run tactics.
>>
File: 1436039799066.png (156KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1436039799066.png
156KB, 1200x900px
>>379168873
Is that the way americans judge the outcome of a war? The successfulness of their burger chains?
>>
>>379167327
Tons of fun tactics from Victor Charlie' that haven't been exploited.
>Rogue game where you play as a soldier from VC and you must kill as many 'white skin invaders' as you can before they drop napalm on your position
>Go to the forest to collect bamboo, snake, whatever dangerous stuffs etc...
>Dig hole to make punji trap, shit in it so when GI falls in his wound would be infected
>Tie snakes on tree and not feeding them so when GI comes the snakes will bite them as much as they can
>Make booty trap with a grenade on the flag pole so when the GI thinks he wins and he's gonna take that commie flag down it explodes in his leg
>Carefully check your rice and well because Koreans can poison them
>Dig tunnel everyday when you have strength
>Battle tunnel rat troopers
>Gather supplies for your base
>Lure animals into enemy mine field
>Try to snipe that helicopter with your bamboo spear
>Loot and steal from your enemy whenever you can
>You can die from bullets, disease, bleeding out, fall into your own trap, fall into enemy trap, low quality Chink weapons, napalm, agent orange, mercury, scorpions, mosquitoes, centipede, bomb, mine, tunnel collapse, gas, drug, starvation, artillery, friendly fire, poisonous food etc...
>Game ends when Hanoi and Washington sign the peace treaty
>>
File: freIO.jpg (180KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
freIO.jpg
180KB, 1024x750px
>>379167327
gook tunnels
>>
>>379168695
where's the x-ray vision?
>>
>>379168249
Germany also won the second World War.
>>
File: vietnam-tunnel-rats-1.png (178KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam-tunnel-rats-1.png
178KB, 600x400px
>>379173086
Without doubt the best part of vietnam games.
>>
Because every side lost and both sides have the same shitty banter

>americans lost to farmers xD
>mai lai best day of my life xD
>*napalms ur kids*
>>
>>379167327
Racism and rock music.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.