[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm unironically considering buying a Cyberpower PC. I looked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: CyberPowerPC_Logo.jpg (9KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
CyberPowerPC_Logo.jpg
9KB, 300x209px
I'm unironically considering buying a Cyberpower PC. I looked up the build guide for a PC, and just could not be arsed, and feel like I'd fuck something up, and the prices seem pretty reasonable and are getting really competitive with building prices. From there, I can still choose to upgrade if I choose to further down the line, which is much easier that building from scratch.

What is the best build for $500-700 and how much more would I be paying for that build compared to if I built it myself? I'm looking to get a solid 1080p/60 for AAA games in high settings, is that possible at my budget? Is there anything I should know or modify about their builds?(bottlenecks, PSU not ideal, etc.)

No bullying for buying a prebuilt please.
>>
File: 1485798321817.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1485798321817.png
208KB, 807x935px
There is literally no reason to build a PC unless you are an enthusiast and already know how or are such a poorfag that you need to scrape together pennies any way you can (the same type of people who find their furniture at goodwill/the curb, and eat ramen and frozen dinners for all their meals).

I don't get the stigma with buying, you can customize your entire build, you just pay a little bit extra to not have to do all the manual labor.
>>
>>379167704
It's fine to learn it for a skill and be eligible for jobs in computer shops ir anything IT related withoit college, you mongoloid.

But yeah, OP, I have a cyberpower PC right now, you kind of waste $200 on not assembling yourself, but they do an excellent job.
>>
>>379167231
bought a prebuilt from them for 400$ 1 year ago, can play almost every game in my steam library, struggling with the dark souls 3 dlc but vanilla ds3 runs solid
>>
https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Master-GMA3000A-Desktop-7200RPM/dp/B06Y92RJZZ

Is this overkill for 1080p/60 on med-high on modern AAA games?
>>
I work at a Best Buy, and I can tell you that we CONSTANTLY see prebuilt PCs returned because they are DOA, or die shortly after being turned on. While they have flashy CPU and GPUs, they use shit mobos, PSUs, and hard drives, which result in a litany of errors.

Building a PC is like making logos these days, and you can't fuck it up unless you try. When in doubt, ask a friend for help.
>>
>>379171982
>friend
You're on /v/ m8
>>
>>379170960
I bought mine 200$ and it's just running fine, better than ours I guess.
I am so glad I made the right decision.
>>
>>379170960
>A prebuilt pc for $400
Post specs, anon.
>>
>>379167231
Sad truth is you'll probably get pretty shitty PC for 700$. Especially with pre build.

Also, post specs. Some anon other day bought i3 and old gen radeon, it was funny and sad at the same time.
>>
>>379174024
was this one but for 427$+-
https://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Black-Gamer-Ultra-GUA250-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4300-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-64-bit-Monitor/17811825
>>
>>379167231
If you have any local computer shops you could try there. I have a couple around where I live and they will put everything together for you for a pretty reasonable fee. Worth checking out for a good deal and the potential of supporting a small business.
>>
>>379174479
>CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra
>FX-4300
>GT 730 2GB
What a blatant scam.
>>
prebuilt will inevitably run you 200-250 more for the exact same shit done by you
if money is tight do not go prebuilt ever
just wait and stack the cash some more
or grow a spine
>>
>>379174845
>inevitably run you 200-250 more for the exact same shit
It's literally 50-100 dollars nowadays,
>>
>>379167231
Just make sure the GPU/CPU balance is good. The GPU should cost 1x to 2x the cost of the CPU.
>>
>>379167231
>I looked up the build guide for a PC

I hope it told you that you can usually get away with connecting less than 10 parts, and that you'd have to be a faggot nowadays to mess it up.
>>
Back when I was a starving high school/college student, I built both my personal PCs. The last two I've bought were both prebuilt though, and doing the math I would have only saved 10% building them myself.

Bottom line, build it yourself if you're in a tight place now, but if you're out of college and have some spare cash, no shame in saving some effort buying a prebuilt from a reputable company.
>>
>>379171982
>Friend

I don't know anyone who has ever built their own PC. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who even has a desktop for that matter.

I have a friend that studies electric engineering and I'm 100% sure he would have no idea how to build a PC from scratch.
>>
>>379171982
>No no goy don't buy prebuilt or build your own come to Best Buy and get the best Alienware PCs available with no hassle!
>>
Getting a prebuilt is more effort than just building a pc yourself, since finding one that doesn't have one or two shitty parts that will break after a month rendering the whole pc useless (at which point you'd have to take the whole thing apart, or replace it entirely if it's the mom slab that's gone bad) is difficult and requires hours upon hours of research.
>>
File: 1483918587001.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483918587001.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
Why would anyone want to buy a Denuvo machine?
>>
>>379167231

I bought an open box cyberpower PC like 4 or 5 years ago. Upgraded the RAM and GPU since but it still works great, even before the upgrades it was solid enough (only real bottleneck was the 1GB of RAM from the 6870 days) and that it's an AM3 mobo so if I wanted a better processor than a 965 BE I'd need a whole new mobo and RAM. Also the power supply wasn't great (off-brand 700 watt, died in a thunderstorm, 50$ to replace it).

Honestly I don't regret it, it's served me well over the years.
>>
>>379177843

1GB of VRAM*

nb
>>
>>379171137
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pKb6Z8
Get it cheaper
>>
>>379174801
there are worse ones for the same or higher price , i cheked
>>
>>379178308
No OS, no keyboard, no mouse, no DVD drive

nice try shill
>>
>>379174479
At least slap a 1050ti or something in it
>>
Isn't it a shitty time to buy/build a new PC anyway, shouldn't you wait for Intel's i9 when they'll probably drop the prices of the i7 and i5s?
>>
Alright I've decided on this.

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A2-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B01NBL8BER

What should I expect to be able to run games at with this? Anything I should note before buying?
>>
I actually used these guys twice before when people asked if I could build them gaming PCs and I just didn't want to be bothered.

It can take them a while to ship if you want custom stuff, but I was pretty pleased with what they delivered. Price both times wound up being in the range of about ~ $75 over building it myself.

If you know what you're doing or budget is tight, I would always recommend building your own. If you absolutely have to buy something and you want it to actually be good, I guess I would recommend them.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.