[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steins;Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

So, genuine question, and I swear I'm not trying to troll or anything: I'm 8 hours in (I'm a slow reader). They just got ahold of the IBN 5100.

Is the protagonist an obnoxious douche for the entire game? Or is there at least some degree of a character arc? I've kind of accepted that I'm gonna deal with a bunch of normal anime bullshit like the constant sexual harassment of all the girl characters (once again, not overly dissing it, I know it pretty much comes with the genre) or the localization team sticking memes in it (that one actually ended up being more interesting than I thought since you actually get to learn about 2ch memes), but like, there seems to be an INTERESTING story here that keeps constantly getting sidetracked by the protagonists chuinibyou shit.

Is this game going to pick up eventually?
>>
>>379166380
To clarify: I'm like, MINORLY experienced with VNs. Mostly just entry level ones. Played all the phoenix wrights, all the laytons, really liked both Hotel Dusk games (imported the sequel), and absolutely LOVED the Zero Escape series. Even Zero Time Dilemma, even though it was easily the weakest of the three.

But granted, I understand that all of them are really only half VN, since they've all got extra gameplay aspects besides the straight-up visual novel stuff. I've wanted to try a full time VN for a long time now! And I heard Steins;Gate was a great one from the past few years. I'm just having a really rough time getting into this.
>>
>>379166380
He has a reason for why he acts like a mad scientist the entire time.

Memes are in because the original japanese version had memes.
>>
>>379166380
Yes, it's about to get really good soon.
>>
>>379166380
>>379166572
Okabe has a lot going on under the hood. Give it some time. He's one of the most easily identified with protagonists of anything.
>>
>>379166380
He is basically pretending to be retarded. Anyway, you havenĀ“t gotten to the action yet. So I would say you are way too early to judge it. The build up in SG is known to take time. But yes it gets better.
>>
>>379166380
Yes. Leave before someone spoils you.
>>
>Friend made me watch the anime
I enjoyed it but did I make a mistake? Is it worth getting for cheap? I'm not big on VNs but I like stuff like Ace Attorney.
>>
>localization team sticking memes in it
the memes are in the original japanese text too idiot
Is this bait or something?
>>
>>379168271
the anime isn't as good as the game, you fucked up not playing it first
>>
>>379168271
Yeah you fucked up. The same twists, but they are handled a lot better in the VN, also you get to see what the MC is thinking, which we rarely get to do in the anime. You fucked up real bad.
>>
>>379166380
Yes
Continue playing
>>
>>379168271
You didn't make a mistake, The anime does a lot of things really well. And you can still enjoy the VN just fine, especially with all the extra scenes and detail you get to see that the anime left out.
If the alternate endings alone don't sell you on the VN, ask yourself if you want more detailed explanations about the experiments, and more dialogue from all the characters (at least one of which will explain a plot hole the anime created).
If you, like many others, thought the buildup in the anime was too slow, you may have trouble making it through the VN,
>>
>>379166380
>constant sexual harassment of all the girl characters

why did nobody tell me this was a good game
>>
>Inb4 this and Robotics;Notes get released and localized on Switch.
>Still no Chaos;Head
>>
>>379168390
>>379166740
Yeah, I phrased that badly. I meant to convey that I was initially like "Oh, what are these MEMES doing here?!" and then realized that it was actually an interesting way to learn Japanese internet culture.
>>
File: Layers Gate.jpg (37KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
Layers Gate.jpg
37KB, 599x337px
>>379166380
The entire situation is one huge experiment for him to observe, so he obsesses over everything to see which conditions change the results.
>>
>>379166380
Okabe is actually a delusion made by the real okabe because his psychic powers made him old.
>>
>>379168821
Nah, it's not even the good kind. It's not ACTUAL sexual stuff. It's like, one girl picks up a banana and says that it's soft and mushy and the "otaku" character starts stuttering and asking her to repeat it (meanwhile the reason the bananna is mushy is because these motherfuckers just inadvertently discovered time travel and the actual fascinating shit is being set aside so we can have some junk like this happen). It's nothing that's gonna make your dick hard. Just like, out of place stuff that feels like it's going for comedy but falls kind of flat.

>>379168087
>>379167241
Alright, gonna take your advice and keep trucking along. Briefly glanced that the most recent posts were people explicitly stating the twist but I diverted my eyes in time, so I'm just gonna exit quietly.
>>
>>379169540
Code?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.