[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etrian Odyssey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (22KB, 187x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 187x368px
>tfw still no localization of Etrian Odyssey 5
How long will it take them?
>>
File: shocked canadian.png (46KB, 150x243px) Image search: [Google]
shocked canadian.png
46KB, 150x243px
Longer than you think, dad! Longer than you think!
>>
>think she would have a cute thick Canadian accent like /v/ told me
>her voice is generic dub trash
why did you lie to me /v/?
>>
I could never manage to play story mode.

Classic for life, niggas.
>>
>>379166592
LONG JAUNT!
>>
>>379166334
How should I build my party in Untold 2 story mode?
Chloe and Arianna feel useless, Arianna less so, because I've put Formulas to compesate.
>>
>>379167215
Chloe is ridiculously OP. I've been told Fafnir is, but dunno if I did something wrong, but he didn't shit out mad damage like my Highlander did.
Chloe's Barrier or w/e the skill that prevents all statuses is super strong. So is her offensive skill that requires the enemy to be under a status ailment, but it's kinda random.
Apparently Arianna's elemental buffs can be stacked, if you give her grimoires to the other party members, but I did not do that trick. Used her for AoE elemental follow-ups, because the party otherwise lacks those. You'll need it on the Siren.
Also, there's a boss with a gimmick that basically wipes you, if you have any buffs on, so learn that buff removal shit, because the boss will buff both himself and your party.
>>
>>379167458
Oh and rushing Fire Guard on Bert can trivialize the second stratum boss, because at a certain level it starts to outright nullify all fire damage.
>>
bump before I reply
>>
>>379167458
Thanks. I would find myself not wanting to use any skill with Chloe everytime her turn came up, because she was slow as fuck and by the time I applied all the debuffs, I had already killed all the enemies.
I think she generally doesn't have a lot of good moves for random encounters
>>
>>379166791
>having high hopes for burgerdubs
>>
>>379170725
Yeah, she might not have much to do during the random encounters in the early game. But later on, even regular monsters can easily fuck you up with party wide confuse, or petrify and shit like that.
>>
so I'm rolling EO2U Classic Expert with

Protector|Highlander|Gunner
Hexer|Sovreign|

my party is set up so Hexer works on debuffs, binds handled with Stigama. Protector for mainly attracting hate and keeping my Gunner alive who is doing Point Blank Ricky in the Front Row for primary Damage with Charged Fire/Burst Shot (not leveled, from a Grim Stone), Sovreign is there for healing, buffs, and Link Orders on off turns, Highlander is built for Delayed Charge but Spear Assists on the turns I can set up a decent Link combo with Burst Shot. I'm starting to have a real shit time with the final few endgame bosses like Great Dragon and Braierus who deal constant party-wide Heavy damage.
I'm looking to start reclassing, any suggestions on what I should aim for? Currently my highest level character is 87
>>
>>379172385
>But later on, even regular monsters can easily fuck you up
That's good to hear that she gets use later on. Her heals are godlike, especially her revive, but since Arianna Orders heals just as good, I end up using those because they're faster.
>>
>>379173672
You're play on Expert, right?
I used Arianna to heal at first too, but then I found myself in dire need of some AoE elemental attacks, and Chloe moved more into the support position with Barrier and regen buffs.
>>
>>379174008
>You're play on Expert, right?
HA...no.
I'm play on Normal and have finished the Untold story mode 1 on Normal too. What's the difference btw? More damage/more attacks? Harder to earn exp?
I do want more attacks but the game is already hard enough sometimes as it is to increase damage. I think Normal is ideal for me.
>>
File: really goodd.jpg (31KB, 450x257px) Image search: [Google]
really goodd.jpg
31KB, 450x257px
>>379166592
>>379166919
Good story faggots
>>
>>379175273
More damage mostly, yeah. So you can't just bruteforce through FOEs the first time you encounter them, and have to work your way around, based on their movement patterns. FOE puzzles is half the fun exploring the labyrinth.
>>
If EOU3 happens before EOV comes over then I give up.
>>
>>379176073
I don't bruteforce my way through FOE's in the first place. I only defeat them when I get strong enough for the indicator to turn blue. I would like to defeat one while he has cornered me to have an epic story to tell.
>FOE puzzles is half the fun exploring the labyrinth.
Bitch, exploring the labyrinth as whole is 75% of fun in this game. The other 25% is combat.
>>
File: darkhunter2.jpg (173KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
darkhunter2.jpg
173KB, 750x550px
>>379176073
>>379178127
>roll a dark hunter
>max out Viper
>slaughter FoEs as I see them
>duped divine gifts
>level 70 before strat 6
This went for both games, but EO2U was more OP thanks to REgina's poison foods
>>
>>379166334
E3 is literally right around the corner
>>
File: 1472513328008.jpg (39KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472513328008.jpg
39KB, 400x240px
>>379166334
>>
>>379167215
Pump Ailing Slash and put 1 point into Vampire, then put Chloe on the front line. War Magus isn't actually very squishy and she'll deal shitloads of damage once Flavio puts an ailment on the target, while also healing your front line for 10% damage dealt. Barrier is mandatory for the later game.

Arianna's best abilities are easily the +attack and +defence orders, prevent order is okay too. If you grimoire the orders up to level 20 it'll trivialise quite a bit of the game. Elemental Link 2 is handy for if you have spare turns and you'll need Clearance for a boss in the 5th stratum.

Fafnir is stupidly OP because of his transform, resonance skill and elemental waves. Meteor smash is an easy 12k+ damage late game, the elemental waves do insane amounts of single-target damage and Resonance doesn't reset its count if you use it multiple times via Accelerate. Overkiller has its uses but I wouldn't max it until you start getting spare points.
>>
>>379166334
>How long will it take them?
forever
>>
>>379179472
Maybe they will announce it during the Nintendo e3 thingie. One can hope.
>>
>>379166334
is there anywhere i can find all of frederica's portraits in good quality
>>
File: Le_millenom_girl.jpg (19KB, 290x481px) Image search: [Google]
Le_millenom_girl.jpg
19KB, 290x481px
>>379183427
This is the only one you'll need.
>>
File: youcantlearnjapanese.jpg (8KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
youcantlearnjapanese.jpg
8KB, 229x173px
why doesn't anyone fuckign do a translation patch already? this is fucking EO we're talking about, not some text heavy opera like fire emblem, and even fates got translated. EO is just items, skills and skill descriptions for fuck's sake. this must be the shittiest fanbase ever if the people who could make a difference can't even get off their asses to help their fellow EO fans out
>>
>>379186028
Apparently the game has a ton of obscure kanji that makes translating it a bitch, so a fanmade story translation might be out of the question.
As for just skills and such, who knows. Might just be too difficult to work with the game's files, like how they couldn't get an undub working for Untold 1.
>>
>>379186618
Good thing you only need to memorize those "obscure" kanji to understand them every time, you just need to translate them once, and then just copy paste it.
The technical limits is a legit concern though, considering how different the writing systems are. Character limits and such.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.