[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 5 seconds to describe his character. protip you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1476328709972.png (127KB, 224x644px) Image search: [Google]
1476328709972.png
127KB, 224x644px
You have 5 seconds to describe his character.
protip you can't
>>
Emo faggot

What do I win?
>>
>>379163018
Arrogant, smart ass, sociable, a bit lazy but ultimately a responsible guy.
>>
File: DBdQb1CUAAE3nYL.jpg large.jpg (196KB, 1030x900px) Image search: [Google]
DBdQb1CUAAE3nYL.jpg large.jpg
196KB, 1030x900px
>>379163119
>Noctis
>Emo faggot
Lol just no.
>>
File: 1482835761523.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482835761523.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>>/bant/899999

NONONONONONONO
>>
>>379163018
>forgets about his dad all throughout game
>doesn't even give a shit when his fiance and father's corpse are being used to taunt him

"b-but muh mental fortitude!!!"
>>
>>379163018
Sasuke Uchiha?
>>
Sasuke's brother
>>
>>379164089
But he didn't forget about him and he had moved past Ardyn's attempts to get a rise out of him at that point, he acted composed and collected there.
>>
>>379164129
>>379164885
Noctis is nothing even remotely like Sasuke as a character, having a similar hairstyle is the only thing they have in common. And even that changes by the timeskip at the end of the game.
>>
>>379164985
>And even that changes by the timeskip at the end of the game.
So did sasuke's
>>
>Likes fishing
>Not a morning person
>Doesn't think much of his royal blood, but is more pampered than he realizes
>>
spoiled angst ridden likes slamdancing and my chemical romance
>>
>>379164913
>he had moved past Ardyn's attempts to get a rise out of him at that point
It's his father and fiance's battered, bloody corpse, you fuck. Not his battered and dirty dakimakura. Not even the strongest person could contain themselves when shown something as traumatizing at that. If I were Noctis, the first thing I would've realized is that he kept their corpses for ten years just until I arrived to taunt me with it? Any healthy, non-autistic person wouldn't have just stood there like a literal robot. They would be through the fucking roof. They missed an opportunity to get some emotion out of Noctis, why are the writers so stupid?

Why do you condone shitty writing?
>>
Typical teen
>>
File: 1482491659989.png (2MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1482491659989.png
2MB, 1919x1079px
Arrogant, lazy smartass who turns into too good of a character for Square to continue the story for
>>
>>379165334
Yes and as king he has to stay composed even in trying times, he even stayed composed as he could during his own death too.

Ardyn dangled them there just to get a rise out of Noctis and Noctis knew that if he screamed or whatever he'd be falling into Ardyn's games again, he's showing at that moment he's moved past it, he's already mourned their deaths and accepted them, and he's there to kill Ardyn already anyway. That is to contrast with how Noctis acted towards Ardyn in the past where he chased Ardyn while swinging his sword crazily in a crowded place, it's to show he has matured and focused which he did and is.
>>
>>379165593
>he has matured
By sleeping for 10 years?
>>
>>379165334
Not that anon and I agree that XV has subpar writing but Noctis literally knows that Ardyn can make shit like that out of nowhere whenever he wants for the pure sake of trolling people. Because Ardyn has a history of making shit like that out of nowhere for the pure sake of trolling Noctis.
>>
>>379165738
He was in a state of reflection for 10 years while the crystal absorbed into the ring. Basically meditating, so while he was conscious he was just disorientated when coming out because he didn't know exactly how long had passed.
>>
>>379165819
Didn't they say somewhere that Bahamut put Noct through some real shit in the crystal 24/7 and that they're potentially adding that into the game as DLC? :^)
>>
>>379163119
>Emo faggot
lol no
>>
>>379165910
If you're referring to the "noctis's disappearance" then that is supposed to be showing what happened with the other characters while Noctis was away. I think them showing some kinda thing happening when he's inside there was just some fans said they wanted.
>>
>>379166140
Well, those fans got the right idea. I wanna play as the boys during the ten years of darkness and see what kind of hyperbolic time chamber shit Noctis gets up to.
Even if it's just this >>379165998
>>
>>379165593
>as king he has to stay composed even in trying times
For who? He has no kingdom waiting for him on the other side. And he knows his fate is death regardless of what happens.

>he even stayed composed as he could during his own death too
Because he had no choice, what is he going to do?

>he's showing at that moment he's moved past it, he's already mourned their deaths and accepted them
There's a difference between accepting their deaths and tolerating crossing a sensitive line.

>show he has matured and focused which he did and is.
Then they should have
How is that believable when you don't even see his transformation.
>>
>>379166225
They could have put some kinda like "dreamstate" dungeon or something when Noctis was inside, maybe even have Noctis fight each of the 13 kings of Lucis or something.
>>
oh xv-kun
>>
>>379165762
It's not about Noctis knowing it's an act of trickery, it's the fact that he would tolerate and put up with something like that. He's a beta king.
>>
>>379166338
For himself, for his birthright, for his dignity and his men who are beside him. In front of Ardyn who is the fallen chosen king while Noctis is the current chosen king, to show to Ardyn he will not succumb to his games.

>Because he had no choice, what is he going to do?
Well someone can be something other than composed when dying, but as eat king takes their stab into Noctis he takes it and pushes on, he died in a manly as fuck way with respect.

Again he's already mourned their deaths, and Ardyn dangling their bodies now is just Ardyn trying to get his last hurrah at Noctis, but Noctis isn't buying into it. You see Noctis when he first see's it is shocked and mouth agape, but he collects himself and tells Ardyn to get off his throne.

You already see Noctis going through a change during chapter 10 through 13 in how he deals with stuff, and by ch13 he's more or less ended up on the mindset he has through to the end, with what he has in ch14 more matured from his 10 years of meditation. Just how you see him talking to Talcott at hammerhead makes him feel more wiser and less impulsive.
>>
>>379163018
erryday
>>
>>379166548
But by acting composed and calm in that moment shows he's an alpha king, a beta could would have screamed and taken charge at Ardyn. You are basically saying why didn't he act like a generic shounen MC instead of acting like a dignified man that he had become? His inaction and moment of composure in that moment speaks more about him than him jumping and flailing a sword would have, it shows how far he's come.
>>
>>379166710
>his home city after growing up there for 20 years is destroyed
>all those familiar faces he knew there murdered
>all those people dying to save kingdom
>his weak and crippled father forced to yield his kingdom and submit to death
>has to console some kid who had his grandpa die because he wasn't there to save him
>watches his fiance get murdered in cold blood
>his friend loses his eye sight permanently
>his friend get kidnapped {and tortured?) by Ardyn
>for ten years, his friends had to endure a darkened, monster riddled world and wait it out until he returned

That last trick pulled by Ardyn should have been the final nail in Noctis' sanity. There is nothing even remotely believable to suggest to us that he had overcome this insanely traumatizing mental hurdle, aside from "le ten year nappy" which is too fucking contrived and convenient.
>>
>>379166854
Maybe to you, but to me, it seemed like he barely noticed it. Not saying he had to body slam Ardyn out of anger, but something more than minor annoyance would have been nice.
>>
>>379163018
>muh Naruto
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.