[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-order bullshit games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: poopstorm.jpg (557KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
poopstorm.jpg
557KB, 1920x1080px
> bonus if you pre-order
> bonus that you cannot ever get because you did not purchase the game before release

This made me stay away from RS2:Vietnam.
Why do companies do this?

I don't mind if the game gives unlocks or something that others can also get later on... but exclusive shit?
Fuck that.

What other games did this?
Did it affect your purchase?

> inb4 poor
I purchased RO1, RO2 and RS.
>>
File: 1495660707453.gif (457KB, 180x166px) Image search: [Google]
1495660707453.gif
457KB, 180x166px
>>379155874
Well the way I see it, I'll never use them anyways because everyone has them
>>
>Why do companies do this?
so you fucking buy it
>>
>>379156012
But that's kinda my problem. Not everyone has them, or at least not me or my friends who wanted to buy this ... shit.

>>379156172
Uhm what?
That is why I won't buy it, because I won't get the same set of things that others have. While paying the same price. Makes 0 sense.
>>
>>379156407
pre ordering was actually cheaper in this case
>>
>>379156490
Well, even better.
> Pay more
> Get less

What a deal!
>>
>>379155874
>They're literally just hats

Why does it matter?
>>
>the only exclusive thing you get from preordering is one EXTREMELY pathetic and shitty looking hat for each side
Ohhh noooo... how will you ever live without it...

This is just like TF2 where people were running around in the most boring and worst looking hats/unusuals just because they were worth more on the market.
>>
>>379156407>>379156538
The real reason for pre-ordering is to secure the hardcore monies before the reviews and bad word-of-mouth hit.

Don't be salty about this process, every industry does it from Airlines to books because locking in your money early is a tangible business advantage.

>>379156620
Actually, the hats comes with camo which you won't get until you're level 20. Really useful since the default GI's helmet is brighter than the average FNG and easily picked off.
>>
>>379156538
Can you take a screenshot of the cosmetic screen? I leveled up at one point and after the game ended it showed that I unlocked some of the pre order bonuses I already have.

Could be wrong but maybe you can still unlock them.
>>
>>379155874
If hats are that important to you, I'm glad you didn't buy it. I don't want to have to put up with your whining for two rounds before you fuck off back to TF2 or counter strike.
>>
>>379155874
I thought you could unlock the preorder shit at level 35.

Regardless, you're autismo bro
>>
>>379156725
Nah I didn't buy the game.
Wanted to buy it with my group (we played RO1 together), but some dude had no money so we waited. Fuck us for wanting to pay I guess.
>>
>>379155874
youre like 15 years too late to be complaining about this
>>
>>379157094
can't really remember recent games that locked away content from people who didn't preorder
>>
http://steamcharts.com/app/418460

be careful OP
>>
File: squad.jpg (109KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
109KB, 460x215px
>>
>>379155874
They also discounted it 25% for pre orders and had an open beta the week before it released.

If anything the company handled it correctly by only offering dinky cosmetics, which you can unlock the equivalent to in game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.