[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is diversity okay when Japan does it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: tekken-cast.jpg (226KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tekken-cast.jpg
226KB, 500x375px
Why is diversity okay when Japan does it?
>>
File: 1496547211168.png (67KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1496547211168.png
67KB, 219x230px
>>379154542
You clearly havn't seen sjw complaints about jap games.
>>
>>379154542
Because they're doing it out of free will and not to pander to mentally ill people.
>>
>>379154542
they do it cause they feel like it.
westerners do it to avoid being labeled a racist.
also, liberals have deluded the people in charge that diverse games sell better.
>>
>>379154542
TOO.MUCH.SATURATION.
>>
Because everyone looks hot
>>
>>379154542
because japan doesnt give a fuck being pc or sjw shit, so when they do it its not diversification theyre just being japan
>>
>>379154542

Saying that people have a problem with women or non-whites is deceptive in most cases.

People have a problem with neo-Marxism, where "white people, men, and western culture" has replaced "bourgeois" and "proletariat" has been substituted with "women and non-whites". Western devs are almost always pushing a narrative of class struggle with white males as class being struggled against, or catering to people who are pushing such a narrative.

By comparison, Japan doesn't care about neo-Marxism, and the devs are just trying to make a fun product.
>>
As long as it's not an Arab character, diversity's okay. Remember the shitshow over Shaheen?
>>
>>379154542
Because they take the idea and do cool shit with it, instead of making their diversity the appeal of the character
>>
>>379154542
its not diverse for the sake of being diverse
>>
>>379154542
>>379154629
>>379155153

these. They do it because they want a character of *blank* ethnicity. They feel like that character contributes something to the story.

In the west, it's literally a check list.
>Black CHECK
>Gay CHECK
>Strong Female who don't need no man CHECK
>"Well, what about the story? The gameplay?"
>Didn't you SEE how diverse our cast is? You must be RACIST / SEXIST!
>>
>>379158387
I thought he was so well received Crapcom copied him with Rashit?
>>
File: 1490416810815.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490416810815.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>379159842
I remember when he was announced on 9-11
>>
>>379158185
>the devs are just trying to make a fun product
Why can't it be that simple all around? When did western game devs lose their way.
>>
>>379158185
Dr. Peterson is that you?

What are you doing here?
>>
>>379160217

People who dedicate their life to ideological activism aren't fun to be around. They don't want to relax or work towards any goals not related to their ideology. They want absolutely everything that they do to further the agenda of their ideology. Not to say that activist types aren't a bit of a necessary evil at times, but in this case, they're delusional.

Authoritarianism also doesn't lend itself well to creativity, since it demands that you fearfully stay within a relatively narrow set of bounds and don't dare to open your mind to anything outside the scope of this window. How can anyone who lives his life carefully droning out the script given to him by his ideology be interesting?

This crap isn't just hitting games, either. Hollywood has spent the past decade becoming less and less relevant as they become more and more detached from reality.
>>
>>379154542
Because the whole trope of heroes from all around the world always works well... when done right, a roster of similar characters is boring.

Take street fighter (the WORLD warriors) for example : the roster is fairly diverse, but skin color is fairly irrelevant, personality and fighting style matters. You HAVE to make ethnicity an issue in order to see a problem, which in turn, sjw or not, will make you sound dumb.

Or you can do like cdProjekt

>fuck you it's my game, my world made of fantasy polish people so everyone looks like somebody who made a swan dive in a pool of flour.

And then you keep a straight face and don't apologize because really, there is no reason to. Their game sold anyway, despite all the complaints
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.