[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why nintendo.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: platinum_trophies.png (176KB, 681x333px) Image search: [Google]
platinum_trophies.png
176KB, 681x333px
Why doesn't Nintendo implement any achievement system?

Is it because their userbase consists of literal children and manchilds?
>>
>>379152714
Playing vidya isn't an achievement
>>
Because nobody but insecure people and Sony fans cares if you do something in a video game.
>>
I just want something that tracks my completion % and maybe gives me a new system theme for getting 100%
>>
Needing an achievement system makes you a children/manchildren. You're a nintenbaby in disguise aren't you?
>>
If you need achievements to play a game you're a fucking hamster on a wheel

This is coming from a former trophyfag, all the system did was make me spend way more time than I would have on games I found boring and drop my favorite games once I had them at 100 percent

It's also dumb how literally every trophy list is the same - complete the campaign, do some arbitrary grinding and multiplayer, and do some unintuitive actions for memes. The majority don't even require you to get 100 percent completion, making them fucking worthless

Individual games setting up their milestones and trackers is fine, universalizing it was a mistake
>>
i use them to gauge how close a game is to completion and thats all, i don't hunt them and i don't care about them

and i would be amazed if i was alone
>>
>why don't they add one of the multiple things that are literally wrong with modern """gamers"""?
>>
>>379152714
Well, Playstation really only copied MS and named it something else rather than achievements so I don't know if nintendo doesn't want to copy the other two or are just waiting to name theirs something different.

Anyway, I played Bayonetta 2 once and it was giving me achievements of some kind so they have had them at least on the WiiU.
>>
>>379152714
Seems to be a lot of fuckers being real anal about something that's optional in this thread.
>>
>>379152714
because achievements are for faggots
>>
>>379152714
>OP is digging the bottom of the barrel so hard his fingers are bleeding.
>>
>next gen rolls around
>achievements/trophies are gone, old ones are no longer tracked

I want to see this happen, just to see the sperging. We'd go back to the days of the players deciding what feats are worth commending and no more "I RAN THE CHECKLIST AND GOT 100% SO I'M THE EXPERT ON THIS GAME"
>>
>>379152714
Because miyamoto at one point said it was the dumbest thing about games. If Nintendo implement it then they will make him look bad.

Also, is that shit really even needed?
>>
>>379152714
>Is it because their userbase consists of literal children and manchilds
Wouldn't that be the exact reason to implement achievements?
>>
File: 7867867869.jpg (65KB, 679x453px) Image search: [Google]
7867867869.jpg
65KB, 679x453px
>>379152714
they have stamps, which is close enough
>>
>>379152714
hey guess what.

achievements is why Monster Hunter jumped ship off PSP, those trophies cost Sony the MH franchise.
>>
File: 1494685814286.png (1MB, 1022x676px) Image search: [Google]
1494685814286.png
1MB, 1022x676px
>>379152714
>needing pats on the back for doing things you enjoy
>>
Because achievements are a fucking waste of time and effort.

>"STARTED THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME! CONGRATS!"
>"PICKED UP YOUR FIRST ITEM! GOOD JOB!"
>"WALKED BACKWARDS FOR 10 SECONDS! AMAZING!"
>>
>>379154312
name 8 games that do this
>>
>>379152714
This. Nothing looks or sounds more "adult" than "achievements" in Electronic Video Games.
>>
>>379152714
I don't want to support Nintendo, bit achievements were definitely a mistake.

There is some good into them, namely them keeping the date and time you did a certain thing in the game.

That said, bragging rights or social interaction shouldn't mess up autismos like me who can't deal with not maxing a public (!) counter.

6th gen and earlier were simpler times when 100%ing games was just about having fun and seeing what rewards they had for you.
>>
File: 8759678.jpg (183KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
8759678.jpg
183KB, 750x1334px
>>379154384
>bragging rights or social interaction
That's not why people go after trophies/chievos
>>
File: 1368098921639.jpg (167KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1368098921639.jpg
167KB, 400x400px
>>379152714
Or because a sane person doesn't give two shits about them?

>mfw having turned off the notification since the early PS3 days
>>
>>379153658
>We'd go back to the days of the players deciding what feats are worth commending
I miss this.
>>
>>379152714
Are you upset you were born outside the time where they gave medals out fro trying at school?
I can maybe understand unlocking something to give you a reason to strive for a set goal and that you know there's something possibly hidden you missed without just looking it up online.
If you want achievements for epeen then you're the manchild who's trying to validate himself through video games in that situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6byKfvd4Sg
>>
>>379154462
Please elaborate.
>>
>>379154530
We'd actually play games for the reason that gave birth to them.

TO HAVE SOME FUCKIN' FUN.
>>
>>379154208
>achievements is why Monster Hunter jumped ship off PSP

But PSP didn't have trophies
>>
>>379154778
are you saying people can't find achievement hunting fun
wouldn't the better option be to just turn off trophies for those that don't want them
>>
>>379155208
I prefer this choice. Finding a happy medium is good.
>>
>>379152714
Because they know achievements are ass.
>>
>>379154773
It's autism.
>>
>>379155420
because they were so far behind with account systems
>>
>>379155557
this
NNID sucks. Even nintenbros admit it.
>>
>>379155208
The only turn off they have is disabling notifications

A proper turn off would be deleting the menu icons to see them at all and disabling tracking. Hell just deleting trophy lists you don't want would improve the system greatly for me.

I boot up a game once, play it for five minutes and drop it, and now for some reason I have a permanent record constantly padding out with sub 10 percent entries because I wanted to give something a shot. If you have ocd it's incredibly frustrating to know both that there's an invisible checklist following your actions and that the majority of those achievements will be unachievable when the servers for the obligatory multiplayer modes go down.

You shouldn't be able to 100 percent a game, especially a multiplayer game, at the very least you should be able to prestige the achievements and start over.
>>
>>379155546
So basically what I said.
>>
>>379155678
>bragging right
>social interaction
>social
Anon, you can't brag to someone who isn't there.
>>
>>379155669
>The only turn off they have is disabling notifications
that's really good enough, your other problems are just pure autism
>>
>>379155557
true but achievements are still ass

it's literally the most worthless thing added to games in the past 10 years or whatever
>>
>>379155949
I guess not wanting government surveillance is autism too?
>>
Some faggots need a pat on the back from a videogame. These people are insecure, which is childish.
>>
>>379156069
don't ever connect online then
devs track that shit regardless of achievements or not
>>
Back in my day we had unlockable stuff to work toward in games not a stupid pop-up that means nothing
>>
File: 6787867869.jpg (75KB, 679x453px) Image search: [Google]
6787867869.jpg
75KB, 679x453px
>>379156054
then they should be easy to ignore
>>
>>379156054
>it's literally the most worthless thing added to games in the past 10 years or whatever
It's something you can completely ignore, no one is forcing you to do them, no one is forcing you to look at the notifications, none of it. Barely any games even give you anything in-game for it, the last thing I can remember is Mass Effect 1 and Dead Rising 1. Just because you hate them doesn't mean others do, and just because you dislike their requirements doesn't mean you need to do them.

For fuck sakes this is like complaining about seeing a high score tally on arcade games, it's only an issue if you make it an issue.
>>
>>379156323
>>379156479
achievements take focus away from the games themselves and they're often used by developers as "content" when it's not content at all
>>
I don't understand how some people here can be so vehemently against achievements. I have normie friends who are super casual. They literally don't give a fuck about achievements one way or another. They just completely ignore them, which is what you would expect the normal reaction should be for most people. And then there are people here who are screaming about how achievements are literally Hitler and are literally ruining video games. Of all the things to be mad about with regards to modern video game culture you choose the one things that's the easiest to ignore and the one thing that has the least effect on you.
>>
>>379156479
>high score tally on arcade games

Completely different, as that's a separation of players into the best.

The only way to be the "best" with achievements is to have so many that you're at the top of those leaderboards, that are measured on completely unaffiliated sites that only people who care about those scores visit. And judging by the people at the top, the way to get there is to play multiple regions and versions of the same easy games (apparently Sound Shapes is a must have given how many versions of the trophy list you can get)

It doesn't make you better at an individual game, since anyone who puts in the same effort you have will have the exact same "score"

The only reason I haven't turned off my trophies is I accidentally got one of the first fifty Persona 5 platinums, I have almost seventy plats and that's literally the only one I find of any worth though the longer I look at my trophy list the more I want to sell every modern console and game I own, delete my profile completely, and emulate anything else I want to play.
>>
>>379156993
>I don't understand how some people here can be so vehemently against achievements

I'm against them because for years I was obsessed with them and it completely fucked up how I played games. It's an entirely personal thing, if they didn't affect you great, I hate them.
>>
>good trophies: complete the game on Nightmare difficult
>bad trophies: defeat this boss using only one spell in under 3:00 minutes
>lazy trophies: kill yourself for 5 times
>meme trophies: drumpf!
>>
>>379156732
They only take focus away from games if you're paying attention to them. And it's your job as a consumer to figure out if a game has enough content for you before you buy it. If you blindly buy a 4 hour action game, that's your own fault for not doing your research. Whether the devs try to use achievements to extend playtime is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>379156732
>achievements take focus away from the games themselves
Once again, they are not forced upon you, you are not forced to pay attention to your achievement/trophy list in any way, you are not even forced to see notifications. This is a complete non-issue and you're making a massive mountain out of a molehill.

Also, if a developer is using it as a way to extend the game then that's on the developer and you shouldn't support that game then if it pisses you off that much. The only game company that comes to mind that does this is Ubisoft, and even they didn't intend for it to be that way. They didn't even realize people were mainly going after the flags in AC1 for the achievements when they just intended for it to be a reward to explore areas and only started rewarding you with both in-game stuff and achievements starting with 2 onward. Most other multiplayer achievements are tied to in-game progression and stuff you'd do anyway.

>>379157018
The point I'm trying to make here is it's a tally of scores that go higher and higher as you obtain more until you get a high score (I.E. Completion) whereas you can just ignore the high score and just stay playing for fun (I.E not looking at achievements/trophies and just randomly getting them as you progress). Getting angry over these things is completely ridiculous as it's not intrusive in any way and does not take away any more dev time than adding in a reward system for the game does. It's literally just them making a trigger that trips once you meet requirements and hands you something.
>>
>>379152714
too incompetent even for that
>>
>>379153246
That wasn't the Wii U, it was the game itself. Wonderful 101 had its own achievements too. Platinum tend to do these things and track completion and accolades regardless of whatever universal system there is in place because they actually reward these things.
>>
>>379152714
NEED CHEEVOS WHILE I EAT MY CHEETOS BRUH
>>
File: 7870987098798709.jpg (103KB, 679x453px) Image search: [Google]
7870987098798709.jpg
103KB, 679x453px
>>
The only cheevo system that I'd want is a completely game system.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.