[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is so bad it makes me depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: civ6_marquee_logo_left.png (40KB, 986x347px) Image search: [Google]
civ6_marquee_logo_left.png
40KB, 986x347px
This game is so bad it makes me depressed
>>
>>379152057
It's not even worth it to pirate, I blame the fat feminist cunts that ruined it.
>>
What is bad about it? I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>379152316
SJW boogeyman again?
>>
>>379152057
you can always play civ iii in native resolution
>>
>>379152378
I CAN'T HAVE A GF BECAUSE OF THEM AND THEY'RE TAKING MY VIDEOGAMES IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>379152057
It's better than V
>>
>>379152316
Artstyle is the least of it's problems. Good thing I got this piece of shit for free, managed to scam amazon for another code as well.
>>
>>379152378
the boogeyman doesnt exist
>>
>>379152057
It all went to shit after 3. I can't stand the 3D of Civ4 even if it has improved on some mechanics. Civ5&6 are irredeemable.
>>
From the shittiest AI to date to the shitty district thing, you are forced to build wide and fast, constantly micromanaging your cities, which will probably be in the tens by the industrial era, planning fucking eras ahead for adjacency bonuses, basically every game boiling down to the map and how it plays you out since barbs are the greatest challenge and, due to how the game works now, with pointlessly super specialized cities, some civs offer negative threat shoul there be around any civ any more pragmatic than the others
fuck this shit
>>
>>379152420
No way this messy piece of aborted shit is better than Civ V
>>
>>379152371
This please. I have over 1000 hours in V, but I've just kind of ignored VI thus far.

I guess V wasn't really that good until a couple years later with the expansions and patches though.
>>
>>379152989
It's too similar to Civ 5
>>
>>379152371
>>379152989
it's basically at the same level as Civ V at Gods and Kings. So not really close to BNW levels, but merely ok.
>>
>>379153148
That's too positive, the game is a mess, it's unpolished, it's a bunch of *good* ideas, some are poorly executed, some are ok, some are outright unfun, but they don't mix well at all
>>
>>379153238
so yeah, about the same level as Civ V at Gods and Kings
>>
>>379152923
That's my biggest problem, the district placing in unison with the builders being finite.

I always find myself with builders, looking around the city and wracking my brain about where I can and can't make improvements, because later I might put a district there. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, just improve everywhere and then later slap down districts, but again builders are limited uses so you're wasting worker use.
>>
>>379152057
I bought this game, was fairly disappointed, the patches have been hilariously bad, and I'm super glad I got into EUIV. I would never play a civ game after slurping paradox's dick.
>>
>>379153238
I hate districts.

So fucking unfun and kills the pacing.
>>
anonye else having problem with non-player turn taking ages?
I'm jut a couple of dozen turns in and I often have to wait for a minutes.
My PC is not brand new but I'm definitely not playing on a toaster.
>>
>>379153762
>slurping paradox's dick
that's a dark road to go down, I hope you're not one of those fags defending Stellaris
>>
>>379153762
Every paradox "game" since ck2 SoA are cancer. EU4 is nothing but a symptom.
>>
>>379154385
See, you are only saying this because you haven't tried seven new DLCs for EU4™ released by the hard-working developer team for mere $59.99!
>>
File: download.png (8KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 213x237px
>>379152057
Its not really bad it just lacks the content the other games in the series have. So few map types and Civ's. But the worst offender is districts being bound to population. You will NEVER go religion because if you do in the early game you waste a district slot and if you do it late game you basically cant because there arent any good believes left.
It might be good ones everything is released.
>>
>>379154054

That was the main reason I didn't play CIV5 for more than 50 hours and the reason I didn't even buy 6.
>>
>>379152989
>Districts are the backbone of the empire, providing amenities (local happiness), science, culture, trade routes, production and military bonuses
>Districts use up a whole tile, which can't be assigned anymore, and work as an indipendent fraction of the city, allowing the building of infrastractures that were previously just placed in the city center
>There's a limited number of districts you can build in each city, effectively making tall empire impossible, if you don't go wide you're probably going to lag behind a lot

This means you have to specialize your cities, which is not a bad thing, but to be real competitive you still have to pull out production, science, culture somehow, therefore turning the game in a micromanaging and macroplanning fest with no feeling of reward at all - in the end you're just going to try to have everything, except you'll need a lot more space and time to do it. Of course this desyncs the growth rate of science, culture and cities in respect to actual production.

At the same time AI is not even insufficient, it's plain abysmal. Trying to keep a good diplomacy requires a good psychologist and a lot of time and resources at hand to please other leaders, which sometimes outright want you to not be better than them in some specific area so there's no win in that situation. Then again why would you do that just for trading or science agreements? There's nothing else to do with diplomacy with no World Congress and city states are all handled with a secondary currency you passively get. Wars are a joke aswell, even if this point could stand for all 1UPT Civs, this one is somehow guiltier than the others.

1/2
>>
does america have a good nation bonus in this one?
>>
>>379154281

I just got Stellaris on the humble bundle and I have like 60 hours already. Bretty vhun game, men
>>
>>379154975
Not really but a lot better then in civ 5
He is really good at defending his home continent and his government bonussen are pretty dope
>>
I wanted to start a new game.
60 turns in all 6 AI players I've discovered so far declare war on me for no reason at all.
What did I do wrong?
>>
>>379152057
If only they got the AI working one time!!!

>hurr durr, I'm an AI
>let's build a CARPET of units to cover my entire territory
>ohhh no, why is my money always in the negative so I can never upgrade this carpet of spearmen and arches while in modern age

HOW CAN THEY KEEP FUCKING IT UP?!
>>
>>379155148
the individual reasons depend on which Civs, but the basic answer is "you played the game"
>>
>>379152420

>It's better than V

There are things you can found when you upturn a muddy rock that are better than Civ V, so it's not a great achievement
>>
>>379153238

That describes vanilla Civ V perfectly.
>>
>>379154939
>>There's a limited number of districts you can build in each city
number of districts is bound by the population
you can have all the districts with like a 20 pop city or something
>>
Having a better time with Endless Space 2 right now frankly.
>>
>>379152371
literally nothing, it's the best [[[[on release]]]] Civilization yet, and if the expected two expansion packs are any good it'll be the best Civ ever made.
>>
The 4X meme is finally dead. Everyone plays MOBAs which are superior.
>>
>>379155478
have /pol/ brackets been censored?
((((test))))
>>
File: 1425560544646.jpg (18KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1425560544646.jpg
18KB, 250x239px
>>379154939
>Not liking 1UPT
>>
>>379152989
The narration and quotes are terrible compared to V. The AI is dumber than ever, they fixed nothing with them. Casus belli is the most worthless mechanic I have seen in a civs game.
>start of game no war mongering penalty
>reduced WM penalty if you are attacked instead
>meet 3 civs
>Aztecs declare instant war on me because I have luxury resources.
>Destroy the Aztecs who only had one city before the end of the ancient era
>Warning taking a cities last city will multiply the penalty by 3 at the end of war. The current penalty is 0
>Every other civ hates me, send trades for 1 coin they still hate me
>A couple eras go by and new civs show up and instantly denounce me for my evil deeds
>4 civs declare war on me at the same time, I spend a whole era playing defense
>>
>>379154939
>>379152989

2/2

While AI and empire managing (which I guess make for more than 70% of a 4x gameplay) are bad in their own right, the messy UI conceals vital information behind many clicks making the game peculiarly frustrating to learn.

I don't know why would anyone justify that the AI is subpar because of limited time and resource, that's plain negligent with these kind of games. Some say the game is too complex for a good strategic AI, that just moves the bar from negligent to incompetent. There are games far more complicated that are more than worth their salt, and community efforts could put together a good Civ V AI (Vox Populi) and some shy AI patches for Civ VI aswell, which are recommended by most people.

Some other problems include the new policy system: no policy system. Instead you get cards that offer unique boosts to production of specific units or buildings, general production including gold, faith and science generation, some specific combat and non combat bonuses, diplomacy and great people generation. There's 3 type of cards: Military, Economic and Diplomatic; 3 archetypes of government that let you use a different mix of these cards. Most of these cards are so specific and the amount you can activate is limited anyway that you'll end up switching a lot to suit your needs, adding yet another layer of unneccessary empire efficiency upkeep.

All in all it's a game with too many, too deep ideas, that feel like a chore to keep up with. It's not polished or balanced enough to be interesting to play.
>>
>>379155485
The platformer meme is finally dead. Everyone plays RPGs which are superior.
>>
File: godzilla.jpg (45KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
45KB, 618x412px
>>379154589
I forgot about the unbalance, WHY ARE THE VIKINGS SO HORRIBLE, nothing they have has synergy and they have one of the worst bonusses in the game but to put the cherry on top the Berserker is just a BAD unit, you have to go out of your way to make it and it just dies instantly.
Civ's like Scytia and Kongo (With a black and Female leader) are stupidly overpowered. Scytia's horses are insane and healing half your units HP when it kills is just broken. Kongo can just bypass the population problem wich is a HUGE bonus. Germany is also super good because they are held back less by districts. Almost all other civs are dog shit bad.
>>
>>379152371
game design is generally shit, huge focus on micromanagement, board-gamey mechanics instead of building your empire, something I don't see expansions fixing
it's all about micro managing your resource chops and district bonuses, it really doesn't feel like civ but more like a puzzle game
>>
>>379152420

This.
It is much better than V, and better than vanilla IV
>>
ONE
>>
>>379154939
The game made it so it's better to have a whole map of cities running districts, but it makes turns take forever since you now have to micro manage each city.
>>
>>379155670
>>379152420
It's shit like this that makes me think /v/ has horrid tastes. V, all expansions, is the best.
>>
>>379155389
Cities have a limited space (which should still be the exagon with 4 tiles sides with the city center in the middle), therefore making more districts will make less tiles workable and hamper your growth, evening out somewhere around the twenties, I'm guessing, but effectively slowing down growth with every tile you reserve for districts. It doesn't help that Wonders take up a full tile aswell.

>>379155548
But I do, your reading comprehension is just assuming too much
>>
>>379152057
How do i get into Civ V? I have it in my steam library with all dlc and i've tried to play it but i just can't find any joy in it. Interface is really obfuscated and confusing.
Maybe i play the game wrong? What is the best mode for starters?

I only played civ 2 on ps1 before and i liked it a lot.
>>
felt like replaying civ v. press play. nope. i guess it doesnt work with win 10. tried reinstalling and the same shit happens
>>
>>379155861
you end up with the same average pop in pretty much every city no matter what you do due to the stupid game mechanics, you've always got the space to put down the 4-5 districts that matter
>>
>>379155904
if its boring then just give up on it, there's no secret to enjoying it, I dont understand how you can think the interface is confusing, the next turn button tells you what you have to do 90% of the time
>>
File: 1455659873485.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455659873485.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>379152057
It's just a bunch of really weird ideas that don't work. I haven't played since release, so I don't know if anything changed or if I remember correctly, but:

>district system completely shafts the coastal cities, and even regular cities if settled in a wrong spot, good for wonders though, at least it prevents the AI on highest difficulties building everything in the capital
>95% of civic cards are completely redundant and useless
>unit promotions are shit compared to civ5, though it does prevent you from making insane godly units if that's your thing
>trading system where you can trade to your own cities for gold ruins the whole economy, you have to be brain dead to have negative income
>naval units are even more powerful than in civ5 making coastal cities even more useless, because they cannot fire back unless they have walls
>workers building instantly but with charges is okay, but it's completely stupid that they cannot fix pillaged districts
>literally no penalty to taking enemy cities, making domination even easier than before
>amenity system might as well not be there, because it's completely redundant, at least happiness could really fuck you up if you expanded too much, follow the wrong ideology etc
>don't remember much about religion, except the AI's ridiculous spam of missionaries; seems the same as in civ5
>eureka system is nice

I'm sure I forgot about a lot of things. Seems like a big step backward instead of forward.
>>
>>379155904
Civ 2 is godtier.

>Confusing interface
Oh man, you'll never play a Paradox game at this rate
Just look at everything turn 1 or read a guide, but a simple guide from me:
Everything you need to know will be told to you by the game on the right. Additional details can be seen to the top right, where you can access info about what units you have, diplomacy between nations and city-states, a tree of all tech, etc. Useful but nothing necessary.

So basically, colonize a section, start upgrading it both in and outside the city, research techs, have new cultural breakthroughs, and when your city is big enough, make another one. Perhaps a place that has a luxury resource nearby.

Have some defensive things just in case. Possibly befriend citystates. They have different bonuses if they like you (just move your cursor over their type).

Most importantly: consider what type of victory you want ahead of time and slowly make steps forward. You'll obviously need money, science and culture for all victories but you might focus on ONE type of building if you want a particular victory.
With culture victory, you can swap great works if you have World Wonders. They will greatly increase your tourism if you meet the requirements.
>>
>>379156017
District production cost rises with the eras, making new cities waaay slower to grow even with domestic trade routes.
>>
I was initially excited for Civ 6, but was quickly disappointed with the horrible UI. Also I think the district mechanic, while it has some interesting and sensible gameplay features (being able to build harbors even though you're not coastal), it doesn't feel fun. It's a feature that belongs in Endless Legend. The social policy cards are also pretty lame, much prefer the tree style.

Ultimately Civ 5 with all DLC, NQmod and balanced map packs is a superior experience.
>>
Warmongering is still a bit broke. You're basically funneled into all other victory types unless you gift everyone 100gold per turn to keep relations up.

Districts are a good idea but seem to be badly thought out - like how every settlement WILL need a manufacturing district. Encampments were a good Idea I'd like to see built on - wars should be focus on these rather than cities.

A.I. - still dumb. I'm fighting wars in the info era and the AI hasn't bothered upgrading their slingers so my modern armour rape them.
Still don't take air units into consideration so you can just bomb them to fuck.

I like the idea behind cultural discoveries and scientific being seperate but again - badly thought out.

Overall - best Civ on release but a lot of half baked ideas.

source - played since civ 2. 5 has probably been the best 'jump'.

4 is overrated
>>
>>379156162
>no penalty for taking enemy cities

uwotm8

Unless you were attacked first and you reclaim one of your own captured cities, everyone declares war on you for warmongering.

Combined with retarded casus beli like 'wipe all warmongering if they're two tech tiers below' makes conquest retarded.
>>
>>379155759

> Global happiness

Sod off, mate
>>
>>379154589
plenty of civs are built for religion and are viable
>>
>>379155613
>Viking bonus
MELEE ships can raid coastal tiles (Horrible)
Units can enter ocean tiles upon research shipbuilding, ships heal in neutral territory and embarking has no extra cost (Fair)
Berserker, bonus movement in enemy territory, 7 more combat power on your turn 7 LESS on enemy turns (I know it sounds OK but its so bad I cant comprehend why its not buffed yet)
Stave church, replaces the temple, gives double bonuss to forrest adjacency bonus (Horrible, poland gets a straight up better version of this not to forget that religion is horrible)
>Scytia, ALLWAYS SPAWNS NEXT TO HORSES BY THE WAY
When you train light cavalery you get doubble the units because why not (Super overpowered)
When one of your units kills an enemy it HEALS HALF ITS HP BACK(Just this bonus would be enough to make the Civ completely broken, these devs cant balance a game)
Saka horse archers, Hyper mobile archers that you get 2 of because first bonus LOL (Good)
Some wierd tile upgrade you build next to horses wich gives faith and gold helping you with the gold problem of having DOUBBLE HORSES LOL and helps getting a good early pantheon (fair, but you allways spawn next to horses so its actually OP)

The devs sould be killed.
>>
>>379157085
One or two weaknesses vs several weaknesses.

It's something that can be managed fairly easy until King or Emperor Difficulty.
>>
>>379156912
>everyone declares war on you for warmongering.

I fail to see how this is a problem. AI is completely retarded. I was always at war with the whole world.
A far greater problem would be happiness penalty like in civ5 combined with ridiculously long resistance in bigger cities making them a huge drain on resources.
>>
>>379155148
you have to send them delegations in the beginning and keep up with those. each of them have personalities
>>
>>379157180
>civilization declares war on me
>beat them
>they do it again
>take some cities so they are weak and don't do it
>I'M the warmonger and everyone hates me
He started it TWICE. Man, AI sure fucking sucks.
>>
>>379157121
They arent god tier like Scytia, Germany, Kongo and Sumeria but they are OK in single player. But in multiplayer or on high difficulty building a holy site halts your science, economic or military gain putting you in a horrible position against aggrasive enemies. Doesnt help that religous victory is kinda hard to get and that religous bonusses are horrible compared to just making any other district.
>>
>>379156512
I will also add that agendas need scrapping. You can become somebodies enemy for entirely arbitrary reasons which all counter your standing with other leader.

'X denounces you because you don't declare enough wars - they like people who do'
oh, I'd best attack my neighbor.
'Y denounces you for warmongering - they hate people who do so'

k

Others have completely ridiculous agendas like 'X denounces you as you don't have many luxuries'. Well fuck, my start point didn't allow it and since I'm denounced I can't trade with them to earn any luxuries.
>>
File: 1346698550724.jpg (32KB, 338x322px) Image search: [Google]
1346698550724.jpg
32KB, 338x322px
>>379157520
Shit like that makes me think that these games are made by people who don't play them at all.
>>
I couldn't care less about getting Gorgo instead of Leonidas or whatever the feminist conspiracy did this time, Kenji.

I hate the game because its GUI, gameplay, music, and pretty much EVERYTHING which makes a game a game was total shit.
>>
>>379157774
Gorgo and Jadwiga still piss me off. Jadwiga is just some nobody who's only accomplishment is marrying some dude. But Gorgo, o man, did the devs no that in classic Greece women couldnt even vote. Why in gods name did they make a GREEK leader a women when they had no rights, worst of all her only accomplishment was marrying Leonidas so ones again she was a nobody.
>>
>>379158179
Also makes her look like a total whore when she is on good relations with you.
>>
>>379158391
O yeah forgot France where the monarch wasnt legally allowed to be a woman but they still added a female leader to France
>>
>>379157662
I'd like to think it's more half baked ideas that haven't been implemented properly.

At least that's what I convince myself.
>>
>>379158494
>>379158179
>o man
>did the devs no
>couldnt
>oh yea
>wasnt
>>
>>379155148
probably because you didn't have a military.
>>
>>379158737
Sorry but when I get angry I lose all control
>>
>AI can't use air units
>>
>>379158494
Gandhi wasn't a world leader, but he still shows up in every civs. I also like how Gilgamesh is still debated upon if he even existed, all they have to go on is an old epic; and they surmised that there were real people in stories that had interaction with him that they do have records of so he might be real. Even the wiki uses words like possible existence. They may as well have Hercules and Paul Bunyan in the next civ.
>>
>>379159930
At some point you have to be clued in that they're all notable figures, not leaders.
>>
>>379155626
This
The main problem is that you decide NOTHING. If you don't exploit perfectly your surrounding and let the map decide what to do, your empire will just fail in a century.
>>
>>379160387
Not nearly that dramatic, only that there is such a clear opportunity cost that your choices become limited and you lose agency.
>>
>>379158179
>Jadwiga is just some nobody who's only accomplishment is marrying some dude.

mount stupid: the post

gorgo complaints are legit, though
>>
>>379155904
Download Enhanced UI for Civ 5 (google it), makes life much easier
>>
File: civ 6 locations.png (32KB, 1357x617px) Image search: [Google]
civ 6 locations.png
32KB, 1357x617px
>>379158494
Point is that she was the de facto power for a decently long time. There's quite a few of leaders throughout the series who weren't the "official" leaders.

The only real female leader that's a problem in Civ 6 is Gorgo, because she's just silly.
>>
>>379152057
It's just plain ugly and the game is still buggy.
In my first Civ6 game, played as Germany because Barbarossa looks decent compared to all the other clay figures.
Went for a domination victory and after conquering every other civ, guess what, I got the GAME OVER screen. I lost by conquering everybody else.
>>
>>379161316
If you kill your enemies, they win.
>>
>>379153583
Farms have adiacency bonus too so it's generally better to designate an area to farms and focus on districts somewhere else. It honestly wouldn't be that bad if they fixed Holy Sites overlapping with Campuses and made Culture Districts less retardedly restrictive.
>>
File: 1492263085911.jpg (469KB, 1056x674px) Image search: [Google]
1492263085911.jpg
469KB, 1056x674px
>tfw can't go back to civ games after playing grand strategy games
Civ VI is still better than V though.
>>
>>379161316
>played as Germany because Barbarossa looks decent compared to all the other clay figures.

What the fuck? You never see the leader you're playing as unless you go into the diplo screen.
>>
>>379152057
What are you talking about, I like it more than V. It's easier to understand.
>>
>>379157774
>music
>total shit

Your taste is total shit.
>>
>>379152371
>>379152989
The biggest gripe I have with the game is how newly discovered technology and natural wonders are announced to the player using lines from tv personalities and literal who's
>"As it turns out, Mount Kilimanjaro is not wi-fi enabled, so I had to spend two weeks in Tanzania talking to the people on my trip." - Nancy Bonds
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>379166990
More reasons that Civ 4 is the best civ
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.