[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/ which one? Bat or ball?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: cab_vs_home_600.jpg (298KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
cab_vs_home_600.jpg
298KB, 600x467px
Alright /v/ which one? Bat or ball?
>>
>>379149453
Does anyone even use bats anymore?
>>
>>379149453
Bats are good for physical machines. Balls arew good if you have a stick in your lap.
>>
>>379149561
I have one on my arcade cabinet I built.
>>
>>379149651
two, not one*.
>>
>>379149453
Ball
>>
Ball, because I did not grow up nostalgic for those terrible bats.
>>
I grew up in American arcades so I'll always be a bat man. I've tried balls and they just don't feel right to me.
>>
Korean sticks still use bats
>>
>>379151156
>I've tried balls and they just don't feel right to me.
Is that so?
>>
>>379149453
I like balls more. Feels cooler to handle.
>>
>>379151508
Do you do the winegrip?
>>
General Arcade Stick Guide.
>Ball top is good for Japanese sticks, bat top for everything else, because Japanese sticks are lower resistance while everyone else requires more effort to move
>If you want American style, buy from IL Eurostick instead of HAPP, as HAPP became CRAPP after moving manufacturing to China.
>Korean sticks are kinda like American sticks, but better. More resistance, bat top, and use a rubber grommet instead of a spring.
>If you're buying Korean, Fanta has more accuracy. Crown has more resistance, but sometimes won't read corners right. Fanta is generally better, but Crown is still good if you want that max resistance.
>All three of the main Japanese stick companies (Hori, Sanwa, Seimitsu) are all fantastic. You can't go wrong with any of them.
>If you don't know what you want, get Sanwa, as you'll never go wrong.
>If you want an 8 way gate, or love shoot em ups, Seimitsu should be your choice, because it's better in both situations
>Hori's stick feels way lighter and more crisp, but has even less resistance and throw (The amount of space between the middle and the sides) than Sanwa. They last as long as anything else would.

Also a quick thing on buttons.
>Like sticks, Japanese prefer low resistance, everyone else wants to button mash.
>Just like with sticks, IL>>>HAPP. HAPP is CRAPP.
>Korean buttons are pretty much only Crown. That's ok, as they're pretty good.
>Japanese buttons more or less feel the same, with Sanwa being the least resistance, Seimitsu in the middle, and Hori being the most.
>>
>>379153020
I have happ, the slop in one stick vs the other is insane.
>>
Sticks have incredibly stiff and inaccurate movements. Why would you prefer that to a pad, because of the buttons? Nostalgia for a dead genre(arcade)?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>379154413
Nigga pls if you are gonna troll at least do it this decade.
The hitbox shits all over your pad for accuracy.
>>
>>379149453
Ball, and iirc American arcades are the ones that used bats, pretty sure Asian arcades all use ball tops so that image is kind of dumb
>>
File: 1489701109840.png (166KB, 431x477px) Image search: [Google]
1489701109840.png
166KB, 431x477px
>People ITT talking about how much they love balls
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.