[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a hitbox, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4309 (1).jpg (2MB, 2048x1166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4309 (1).jpg
2MB, 2048x1166px
Should I buy a hitbox, /v/?
>>
Do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
I don't know.
>>
>>379146646
Don't care.
>>
>>379146646
Well, let me ask you this: do you fuck dudes?
>>
>>379146646
the fuck is this shit
>>
No, get a ChronusMax instead. Learn to program combos/moves into your controller and never drop that shit unless it lags. There's also a ton of macros for FPS games like aim assist. It's cheaper and more fun than garbage hitbox. I have both so I know.
>>
Buy a hitbox, lube it up, then shove it up your fat ass.
>>
>>379147517
Do your friends ever want to play you if you're using a preprogrammed controller?
>>
>>379146646
It would probably be cheaper to make your own.
>>
I've thought about it but I'd hate for them to be banned for some tourney and then being unfamiliar with a stick or pad.
>>
>>379147590

I don't tell them about it, they think I'm a wizard with the joystick.
>>
>>379146646
only if you like playing on keyboard in the first place
>>
>>379146646
No
>>
I want one but they're too much for shipping to Canada.
>>
>>379146646
Just play on a keyboard. It's the same shit
>>
what the fuck is hitbox
>>
>>379152950
A meme controller used be e-Sports autists who want to control games as if they were playing
a piano.
>>
>>379147517

How does this work? Can you use this on a fightstick or ps4 controller only? And how hard is it to macro combos?
>>
>>379146646

What's the difference between this and a normal PC keyboard?
>>
>>379153591
ebin sanwa buddons and peen
>>
File: faggot.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
>>379153397
that sounds gay as fuck
>>
>>379153524

chronusmax was originally meant to be a dongle that let you use any controller on any system. over time people just started writing macros for them. you can use your own scripts for any controller you want. most people put the fighting game combos on the sticks, for example combo 1 is left stick left, combo 2 is left stick right.you can write them onto a single button press with your joystick if you want. for me writing combos is really easy, wouldn't take me more than an hour to write 10+ combos for any tekken character. but i had to lurk the chronusmax forums for a long time and get the script templates in order to do it. to some people it might be too complicated but i think it was worth my time. far better than practicing electrics and wavedashing on a hitbox anyway.
>>
>>379154026

So if I buy this shit I can do long ass combos with real people online? No strings attached? That honestly sounds really tempting, I love the fundamental part of fighting games but I hate memorizing combos and I have shit execution so I always get beat by players who know long ass combos while I don't, would this essentially get rid of that barrier?

where do I get one?
>>
>>379153397
basiaclly instead of the joystick part you have direction buttons. kinda like if you'd play on a keyboard.
for many inputs it's much more precise than stick controllers which makes fighting babbies mad so they try to badmouth it.
>>
>>379154306

pls respond dont leave me hanging now
>>
>>379154306

yeah, long ass combos for days, as long as you put in the time to write them or mooch someone else's script. doesn't work if there's lag though but that's fine since simple shit works better. i can korean backdash and wave dash in any direction by holding down the stick. ewgf anytime i want with the push of a button. anti air with the push of a button in street fighter.
>>
>>379154703

it's called chronusmax you can just google it. yes, you can do long ass combos for free anytime you want. it works well with green bars in tekken but not so well with lag because online timing is different than offline timing.
>>
>>379154723

How much lag are we talking? Does it generally work online or will the slight online delay (there's always online delay, even if the connection is good) make the script useless?

Also how hard is it to learn how to write them? Do you have any recommended guides or websites or something?
>>
File: TTT2 Just Frames.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TTT2 Just Frames.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>379146646
Yes. Depending on a game it can be very convinient controller.
>>
>>379154915

online works fine, mkx and tekken 7 have exceptional online play and scripts work well here. if you have problems with it you can modify your script with more delay, no biggie.

it's not hard to learn, just mooch someone else's script and modify it yourself.

for example here is kazuya's wave dash where you hold down the stick and he does it until you let go or do another move

1,FORWARD,100,
1,DOWN,100,
2,DOWN,100,
FORWARD,100,
1,FORWARD,100,
>>
>>379155196

I just ordered one, thanks. Yeah I guess downloading an script and modifying it makes sense. Does it come with documentation or something so I can see what does what? For example, what do the numbers mean?
>>
1, FORWARD, 100,

the 1 is one button press, forward is the button being pressed, 100 is the confirmation of button press. change the 1 to 2 and it's 2 buttons being pressed. change the 100 to 0 and it's no button pressed.

2 is amount of time the button is pressed, 0 and amount of time button is held down, last 2 is amount of time until the next button is pressed

you will learn if you put in the time
>>
>>379155674

I see, so for example if im using someone else's script as base but they are using a 360 or xbone controller, and I see shit like

>set_val(XB1_A, 100);

Do I change XB1 to PS4 and A to whatever the equivalent on the ps4 is? (x?)
>>
>>379155774

you could, but the chronusmax translates the script into whatever console it is used, so you don't have to. i have used ps4 scripts with the xbone for example, and i didn't bother going over every line and switching the words.
>>
>>379155921

Oh, that's good, thanks.

do you keep your scripts somewhere where I could check them? Being able to korean backdash by holding down sounds like a god send
>>
>>379154320
Hitboxes aren't tournament legal because you can hold down both left and right at the same time allowing you to block mixups in some games. But keep telling yourself that you're still better that other players because you use buttons instead of a stick or pad.
>>
>>379146646
No just get a keyboard it's the same shit but without the placebo and overpricing.
>>
This whole thread is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>379156196
Never forget that g07tecks was playing on a hitbox during eleague.
>>
>>379156284
Please tell me you didn't fall for the hitbox meme...
>>
File: This is bait.png (27KB, 1006x619px) Image search: [Google]
This is bait.png
27KB, 1006x619px
>>379156196
>Hitboxes aren't tournament legal
They are

>you can hold down both left and right at the same time allowing you to block mixups in some games
That got fixed years ago
>>
>>379156196
They are tournament legal and the current ones prevent you from pressing left and right simultaneously by making it register as a neutral.
>>
>>379155986

1,BACK,100,
1,BACK,100,
2,DOWN,100,
BACK,100,

It's literally just that, maybe refine the timing with characters with better dashes. As for templates this is my favorite one for fighting games.
>>
>>379156549
http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/154294-Template-for-swapping-combo-sets-with-L2

forgot link
>>
>>379156362
No I mean the guy buying a cronus max because he's too stupid to do combos.
>>
>>379156767

There's nothing about combos that reflects intelligence, it's all autism and grinding. Don't get mad people would rather skip that process.
>>
>>379156767
Or maybe he has a nerve problem preventing her to move his fingers fast enough to do them you fucking ableist cunt.
>>
File: Calamity Symphony.webm (538KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
Calamity Symphony.webm
538KB, 640x298px
>>
>>379156808
Sounds like he's too stupid AND lazy then.
>>379156819
Then he should make like BrolyLegs and put that mouth to work.
>>
>>379157274

>Memorization is intelligence

You were that kid who did well in school because he memorized shit and thought he was smart, weren't you.
>>
>>379157452
Were you the kid who dropped out because he was "too smart for school"?
>>
>>379157728

No I was the regular guy. If you're as smart as you claim why do you care if people skip the grinding of memorizing combos? Surely you'll do well where it actually matters, the neutral game :^)
>>
>>379146646
You could always build one with nice hardwood
>>
>>379157784
I don't care I just think it's pathetic. Why would any normal person not be able to do combos?
>>
>>379156196
>Hitboxes aren't tournament legal because you can hold down both left and right at the same time allowing you to block mixups in some games.
Not since SOCD cleaners became a thing.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.