[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underappreciated/unappreciated gems.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 14

File: 142972_front.jpg (85KB, 640x890px) Image search: [Google]
142972_front.jpg
85KB, 640x890px
ITT: Underappreciated/unappreciated gems.
>>
File: soulsacdeltacover.jpg (300KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
soulsacdeltacover.jpg
300KB, 600x763px
PS4 PORT W H E N
SEQUEL
W H E N
H
E
N
>>
File: 250px-Cubivorebox.jpg (27KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cubivorebox.jpg
27KB, 250x355px
>>379145101
>>
>>379145357
this game was weird as shit but had some pretty cool elements
>>
File: Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg (182KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg
182KB, 250x353px
>>
>>379145101
It's cliche as all fuck but good lord if it isn't charming. Lowell is best husbando and Mirania is best waifu
>>
>>379145295
Is that pstv compat?
>>
>>379147439
I think it is yeah.
>>
>>379146141
I really really tried to get into this game, but since I suck at action games that aren't Monster Hunter I just couldn't get into it. Same with Bayonetta 1 and 2 as well. It sucks since they seem like great games, but I just can't play them.
>>
>>379147905
That's okay. Wonderful 101 is an especially difficult game.
>>
>>379145101
Will never play multiplayer again Switch port when?
>>
always wanted to play this game but never bothered buying a Wii.
>>
File: maxresdefault[5].jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[5].jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>379148369
>>
>>379148093
>tfw I didn't play TLS until after Nintendo had already shut down its online
Tell me anon, was the multiplayer good, did I miss out on something great?
>>
>>379148517
The multiplayer was the best part in my opinion.team up with 5 other people taking on bosses
>>
File: great game.jpg (107KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
great game.jpg
107KB, 256x256px
This game is gold
>>
>>379145101
I hated the game's so-called story. The gameplay was pretty fun though. I have fond memories of shooting bananas at shit.
>>
File: Babylonian Castle Saga.png (542KB, 720x613px) Image search: [Google]
Babylonian Castle Saga.png
542KB, 720x613px
This whole series.
>>
File: Koudelka_cover.jpg (94KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
Koudelka_cover.jpg
94KB, 256x250px
I occasionally hear the PS2 games get a mention but no one ever seems to bring this one up. If you are looking for a gothic horror RPG then definitely play this game.
>>
>>379149741
Holy shit, this is a series!?
I only played Tower of Druaga on the Namco Museum Battle Collection for the PSP (which I only bought for that sweet sweet Dig Dug 2 and Ms PacMan, but ended up falling in love with a lot of games).

How are the rest of the games?
>>
File: 3363_front.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3363_front.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
Was this one any good? I vaguely remember having it but i don't remember actually playing it
>>
>>379145295
I went into this expecting just a monster hunter clone. I was not ready for the depth of world building and feels.
>>
>>379145101
Lurking this thread for recs, giving a bump for support. I guess, to contribute, I can recommend Primal for the PS2.
>>
>>379150212
I haven't played The Blue Crystal Rod yet, but here's what I think of the others
>Return of Ishtar
I haven't made an attempt at beating this yet, only checked it out once so far, so I don't have much to say, you control Gil and Ki at the same time trying to go back down the tower, I feel like the game is best played with two people, but if I can't convince my friend to play it with me I'm sure I'll get used to controlling both characters.
>Quest of Ki
This one is a prequel about how Ki got stuck in the tower, its fairly easy compared to ToD, and you don't need any guide for secrets, but overall I didn't find it as enjoyable as ToD, I finished it my first time playing in a couple hours (they let you continue from where you died if you lose all your lives).
>Nightmare of Druaga
A brutal dungeon crawler that I absolutely love. The game is technically non-canon, since according to Namco TBCR is the final game, but I think this one fits in just fine, so I still consider it a part of the story. The dungeons aren't random, and when you die you lose everything on you, equipment, inventory, gold, all of it, anything in storage is safe, and anything you have inscribed is safe, though I would just recommend resetting when you die, you can only inscribe up to five items max by the end of the game, so the feature isn't all too helpful, the game also auto-saves constantly and the only way to manually save is by selecting Save&Quit, if you turn off the game at any time without the use of Save&Quit then the goddess Ishtar will lecture you on the laws of time when you start the game up again, the lectures get longer up to a cap at the 3rd or 4th time you repeat the offense, there are rumors of her outright deleting your save for doing it too much, but I've done it 30+ times and had nothing bad happen, so I'd say that's false. A couple other things to note is that you only get one save per memory card, and cannot copy the save to another memory card.
>>
File: ninja-shadow-of-darkness-usa.jpg (169KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-shadow-of-darkness-usa.jpg
169KB, 600x600px
This shit was GOAT. I remember playing the fuck outta this but never making it beyond the first 2 levels of this game when I was kid....still loved the shit out of it.

Honorable mention to Fighting Force and Bushido Blade on PS1 as well.
>>
>>379149441
It has some pretty cool moments, in one cutscene a ghost sword is flying towards you and you dodge it. After that you can actually pick it up and have to uncurse it and if I remember correctly it's a pretty good weapon.
>>
File: LOTR_War_in_the_North.png (156KB, 256x322px) Image search: [Google]
LOTR_War_in_the_North.png
156KB, 256x322px
Tis' right 'ere.
R.i.p. Snowblind Studios
>>
>>379145101
fuck this game was so good. just the right kind of RPG, shame about the framerate but oh well
>>
File: Sunset_Overdrive_cover.jpg (255KB, 280x349px) Image search: [Google]
Sunset_Overdrive_cover.jpg
255KB, 280x349px
This game got shat on undeserved because it is a Xbone game but it is surprisingly fun.
>>
>>379145101
The story was whack, but the gameplay was alright. Pretty decent graphics for the Wii, too. Calista a best
>>
>>379152753
No it's not
>>
>>379150015
Playing Shadow Hearts right now. The first game was absolute dogshit but the second game is great even compared to games released now.

The vast difference in quality is almost funny
>>
>>379153853
sony.cuck detected
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.