[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not as bad as you told me /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

It's not as bad as you told me /v/
>>
>>379144508
People don't actually hate it. It's just that the only people who talk about it this long after release are the shitposters trying to convince everyone that cinematic games are the devil for some reason
>>
yeah, it was overhyped to shit and better as a movie, but the gameplay that was actually there wasn't too bad. The enemies actually did some different things that made you have to switch it up. plus low supply made for emergent gameplay.
>>
>its a great 3rd person action shooter stealth survival movie
>>
>>379144630
>People don't actually hate it
Nice false narrative you've constructed there in your little noggin
>>
>>379144761
t. shitposter trying to convince everyone that cinematic games are the devil for some reason
>>
>>379144630
last of us is not that cinematic compared to Beyond or Heavy Rain
It has more hours of gameplay than Vanquish for instance
>>
File: Tidus_laughs.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tidus_laughs.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>379145017
>It has more hours of gameplay than Vanquish for instance
Congratulations, anon. You have officially made the stupidest comparison I've ever seen.
>>
>>379145184
But he's not wrong

Platinum games are often short as fuck
>>
>>379145184
but that is true
>>
>>379145258
>>379145336
Yeah, but it's a nonsensical comparison. Like apples to fucking mustard or something.
>>
File: dyke.jpg (59KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dyke.jpg
59KB, 675x1200px
>>379144508
It's going to get worse
>>
File: 1426110129060.png (1MB, 1050x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1426110129060.png
1MB, 1050x1155px
>AI was godawful
>Story is literally every other zombie story ever
>Characters have nonsensical reactions to everything and their motivations don't make sense.

It was lame/10
>>
>>379145518
as long as she is not lesbian I don't care if they portrait her as a grunge 90s girl
However if they add LGBT memes I won't buy the game not even for 2 dollars
>>
>>379144508
it is not.
not every game needs to be revolutionary.
many people don't get that.
>>
>>379146060
>not every game needs to be revolutionary.
Except it got a million rewards and accolades because it is supposedly revolutionary. This is why backlash hate exists, thing isn't as good as people say it is and people realize it.
>>
>>379145939
Anon...
>>
>>379145406
how is it nonsensical? The combat in TLOU is just as much gameplay as is the combat in vanquish. There is even a competitive multiplayer mode based on it
>>
>>379144508
Huge fan of old Naughty Dog here, Crash and Jak were everything to me.
Got PS3 years later after the launch and thought, what should I play first?
That was my introduction to the horrible state of console gaming and the first Uncharted game was one of the most horrible gaming experiences in my life. Tried the other ones, but jesus I just don't get it, who the fuck enjoys this?
Got Last of Us few months ago for my brand new PS4 and damn I was actually impressed. Half-Life 2: episode 3: Resident evil from the creators of Uncharted manages to take all the game designs used almost a decade and somehow make a good package out of it. Mainly of course, taking away some of that shit like regen health and weapon limits. Story was adult and perhaps not "good", but atmospheric at least. Solid 9/10 game, the only decent AAA console game to come out of the entire character driven console shooter genre or whatever the fuck.
Then Naughty Dog went and made Uncharted 4... fucking kill me.
>>
>>379146305
Oh god burn it with fire, who the fuck gave the permission to release this waste of time DLC.
>>
>>379145939
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>379146421
Anon, different genres...
>>
>>379146687
Sony their bosses, and it was based off the comics
>>
>>379146768
they're both third person shooters
>>
>>379146209
BioShock Infinite is actually a bad game though
>>
>>379144508
>believing /v/
>>
>>379146897
They both are bad, that is the point.
>>
People on /v/ hate it because it was 2013, back when they thought the Wii U was going to sell well, and TLOU was literally demolishing every Wii U game even in Japan.
>>
>>379146882
And they have very different approaches to that?
>>
>>379147045
I have not played TLOU but from the gameplay I've seen and critiques I've read, there's no way it's worse than Infinite. Okay? And I'm inclined to believe essays over a shorter-than-a-tweet post saying it's bad. /v/'s contrarians are wrong a lot of the time. Almost half the people here shit on Half-Life 2 for God's sake.
>>
>>379145939
>memes

I mean, its not a meme anon, gay people are real.
>>
>>379146882
And REVII and Battlefront are both FPS games.
>>
>>379146506
Holy shit this is exactly me
>>
>>379147323
>gays
>people
my sides
>>
>>379147305
>I have not played TLOU but from the gameplay I've seen and critiques I've read, there's no way it's worse than Infinite.

Well that debatable but I wasn't really saying that, more just showing symmetry in their situations concerning backlash hate.

Where the fuck are essays being written about these games kek?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 480x480px
>>379144508
>listening to the impotent rage of /v/
>ever

I love it personally, /v/ finds a thing to hate, markets the hell out of it, brings it even to our radar's, we buy it, then we make threads going:
>hey i like this
>hey this is actually good
>hey why did /v/ lie to me
Then those same tards who hate marketed it for months literally come into threads to tell you stop playing these games immedietly or they will call you a faggot. Its the best i love it.
>>
>>379147383
>>379147191
hey he said they were so different that it's "like comparing apples to mustard" . Apples to mustard would be like comparing TLOU to Mario Kart
>>
>>379145518
This is obvious bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 574x863px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 574x863px
>>379147323
I don't think they gave enough substance to make that aspect of her believable. Some people were still questioning whether she was actually gay after the kiss as well. They basically had that scene and the writer just said "yep, there it is she's akshully gayyy". No question the black kid was gay but it felt stupid that one submissive kiss confirms she's gay. Could be left ambiguous at best, cos she's young and could be confused or lonely or actually gay or whatever reason. Instead it felt lazily done. If they were gonna confirm it they should have put more effort and substance into it tbqhwy senpai
>>
>>379146421
pretty sure the number of gameplay hours has little to do with the quality of that gameplay.
>>
File: Evolve-Kraken_Screenshot_001.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve-Kraken_Screenshot_001.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>379147554
I love it too!
>>
>>379144508
That just proves you selectively listen to negative opinions, which is not good for your mental health. There are just many people that praise the game when it gets mentioned. I personally think it's excellent.
>>
cinematic or not this game's fucking great.
>>
>>379147501
>Where the fuck are essays being written about these games kek?
I'm not telling, but a guy did write an entire book about TLOU. http://www.keithcourage.com/tlou/ I have not read it.
>>
>>379147814
>has little to do with the quality of that gameplay.
What does that have to do with what we're talking about here? The original poster said, "It has more hours of gameplay than Vanquish for instance"
>>
>>379145850
None of what you said is true, especially about the AI. Is it perfect? No, there's a way to break any game's AI, but TLOU is one of the only games where the human enemies managed to actually surprise me by flanking me and coming up from behind. The enemies are also reluctant to move out of cover when you're aiming at them.
>>
>>379148071
and I'm saying that doesn't mean shit. what the fuck does "it has more gameplay hours than vanquish" mean if the gameplay is a horrible slog?

The gameplay in TLOU is fine, but equating time to quality is pure retardation.
>>
It is pretty decent, but I don't care much for how seriously it takes itself.
>>
>>379148092
There are videos and videos of people playing this game and the enemies not responding to anything half the time. "AI problems TLOU" in any search engine.

The walking dead TellTale games had virtually the same story in the first two episodes there was even Father daughter bonding. Most Zombie stories follow the same tracks and hit on the same emotional beats. When people start going crazy and call something a masterpiece and "Le Citizen Kane" I expect more from a story than shit that was already done better in films.
>>
>>379147751
It felt more like a heat of the moment thing, spurred on by the reality of their situation. She strikes me as a bit bisexual at most.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 1024x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1024x539px
>>379147867
Diffirent, who actually came back and said "i love evolve, its clearly NOT the worst kind of precedent they are trying to set for gaming as a model"
>>
>>379148274
it means the game is not so cinematic that it's just some Heavy Rain style movie game that plays itself while you control cutscenes with QTEs, like so many faggots are always memeing.

>the gameplay is a horrible slog
those are some hot opinions you got there
>>
>>379148345
I've played the game extensively. Yes, occasionally enemies would do something stupid, but it felt few and far between. I was more impressed with what the enemies actually do manage to accomplish.

As for the story, it's less about being an original idea as much as it one of the better renditions of the traditional zombie setting. It manages to get it just right. I also liked the cordyceps fungus angle, which is a bit of a departure.
>>
>>379148483
it's not like she can ever have sex with anyone anyway. She'll just infect them and kill them
>>
>>379144508
It's not bad, just extremely overrated by journos who proclaimed it as the second coming of christ and the Citizen Kane of video game storytelling.
>>
>>379146687

Not to mention that it adds (0) to the story and just takes away from something that was left to the players imagination.
>>
>>379147751
Its fine I think, just from the breif bits you hear during the main game I thought there was something going on there, and I thought the kiss and the interactions they shared were fine.

I DO totally believe the dlc as a whole was a shamless cashgrab though, not cause of the lesbian stuff, just cause besides that confirmation of her sexuality it was a pretty nothing DLC.

Like I think I remember them big talking about how the DLC would be the first time you were interacting with the infected and bandits at the same time, but that boiled down to like the last 10 minutes or something of the game.
>>
>>379144508
its not a bad game, i just fucking hate the people who make it out to be the BEST FUCKING GAME OF ALL TIME EVER, which is like 100% of reviewers, YT fags, normies, etc etc

its fun
ok?

can we just have fun games again?
>>
>>379148678
>those are some hot opinions you got there
did you stop reading there or something? here maybe you'll read it this time
>The gameplay in TLOU is fine, but equating time to quality is pure retardation.
>>
>>379148725
Yeah I didn't have any real AI mishaps either, I thought it was real good, the first time I ran out of bullets and my gun gave an empty click noise that 1 bandit noticed and yelled to all his mates that I was out of ammo and they charged me I shit bricks.

Same with the first time Ellie jumped a dudes back who had me against a wall.
>>
I got the PS4 Remaster a few days ago. Been years since I played the game and I kinda wanted to check it out again.
This game was not made for replaying. Outside of the late fall and winter segments, there arent really many moments I can look back on and think 'fuckin hell that shit was awesome'
>>
>>379148940
For a second I thought this was a BOTW thread lol.

TLOU gets a 10 from me. Lowest I would go is 9.5. That game was seriously clean as fuck when it came out. Played it again last year and I'm dead set on the 10.
>>
>>379148893

You just reminded me that TLOU never mixed the zombie and bandit combat, which seems like such a basic gimmick that other games have already pulled off before and a really missed opportunity on their part. Imagine a sequence in which you have to stealth through an enemy bandit position, and there are zombies which dot the level, and you have to juggle staying unseen with dispatching zombies as silently as possible until you're forced to enter 3 way combat. Maybe for game 2.
>>
>>379148345
>There are videos and videos of people playing this game and the enemies not responding to anything half the time.
What you are doing is looking up the worst case scenarios that (outside of enemies not seeing friendly ai) very rarely happen and assuming they happen all the time. When I search for it, I can also find a shit ton of examples of animals making human like noises but that doesn't mean that people should expect that to happen.
I've beaten the game three times, I've seen better ai in games but TLoU's ai certainly isn't bad.

>The walking dead TellTale games had virtually the same story
People like how the story is told, not the story itself.
>>
>>379149291
Yeah, which is actually why I'm interested in Days Gone.

I really liked TLoU, and I eagerly await TLoU2, but I think Days Gone as an open world game with zombies and horde migration which you can use against people but can also fuck yourself sounds pretty fun.
Can't think of any big budget open world zombie games besides Dead Rising.
>>
>>379149291
>You just reminded me that TLOU never mixed the zombie and bandit combat
The dlc did this, in my experience the ai didn't seem built for it.
>>
When this game came out I was 14, had a huge crush on Ellie. I'm almost 19 now, feelings haven't gone away.
>>
>>379144508
i liked this game a lot
>>
>>379149632
Thats what he and the person he replied to were talking about idiot.
>>
File: 1492556904462.gif (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1492556904462.gif
9KB, 150x150px
>>379149679
>When this game came out I was 14
OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT
>>
>>379149139
"time to quality" was never even part of the conversation.

>The gameplay in TLOU is fine, but equating time to quality is pure retardation.
Yeah, *you* said that. Nobody was talking about "time to quality" you fucking mong. The original guy was comparing it to vanquish solely on the basis of gameplay hours.

I've had much more fun in my hours upon hours of TLOU multiplayer gameplay than I've had in my short time replaying Vanquish's single player anyway
>>
>>379149885
1998 is the best year to have been born :)
>>
File: 1495870451087.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495870451087.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>379149679
>When this game came out I was 14
What the fuck, man. Im getting old.
>>
>>379146305
that was not a LGBT meme it was forced but not a LGBT meme
LGBT meme is like Ellie is now a empowered dyke who is in love with a black woman
in that DLC it was just a kiss
>>
>>379148818
I don't think that's how it works. There are some diseases which are not sexually transmitted. If it was I would have expected her kiss with that black kid to have infected her.
>>
>>379149425
I didn't look up anything, the problems would happen to me and i would hear about the same shit in review after review. Which is especially funny because initially Naughty Dog played up how great the AI was in talks before the game came out.

Lets pretend for a second I'm defending a game instead of trashing one, would your defense of this story sound convincing if it was me telling you this about "x game you dislike here." "It's not the story being told it's the way it's being told." The way it's being told is through crappy pacing and game play that doesn't connect with what it is trying to convey. One giraffe looking graceful is supposed to make me okay with the fact the main characters are endangering all of humanity with their stupid decisions.
>>
>>379150053
Also not to mention Ellie has a mutated form of the infection which is asymptomatic to her.
>>
>>379150053
she wasn't infected until after the kiss
>>
>>379150053
Its no wonder that its easy to tell young gay people that being gay IS political. Look what happens, you just pointed it out. A kiss. A single fucking kiss. Anons get mad af. Can even have a whole thread about it. If i were gay, id probably use this magic power too for irl (you)s.
>>
>>379150053
Oops went full retard here nvm Ellie wasn't infected yet
>>
>>379150090
That's just not the experience I had with the game's AI. I'm not lying to you when I tell you that.

As for the controversy, I thought it was interesting. It highlights something about human nature and the desire to protect the people closest to you over a vague, distant concept like "all of humanity." Justifiable? Who knows. That's what made it a powerful moment. I'm sorry you didn't connect with it.
>>
>>379144654
Why do you think it would it have been better as a movie? You just admitted the gameplay is not at all bad. What's wrong with having interactivity?

If you ask me it would have been much worse as a movie. *Maybe* a super high budget HBO miniseries could do it justice
>>
when I'm playing the last of us my ps4 fan makes a high noise for about 5 minutes, then it goes quiet. After 30~40 minuts this happens again
is it normal? it's the Slim model
>>
>>379150261
>irl (you)s.
irl (you)s is getting lynched
>>
>>379150947
if the last of us was a movie they would certainly include a gay sex scene, some jew as the leading character and some hispanic killing a white supremacist
>>
File: escape the fire.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
escape the fire.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
The human AI is pretty fucked up sometimes, I'll admit.

At the bookstore fight in Pittsburgh, if you jump out this window and stand on the roof while the enemies are alerted, they all start running around randomly on this fire escape
>>
>>379151060
How do you figure?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.