[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xbox Portable Console Announcement Imminent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0257.jpg (3MB, 3810x2433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0257.jpg
3MB, 3810x2433px
I'm taking a survey on their website and it seems like they're interested in making a Switch-like portable console. They're are a lot of Switch related questions, so it makes me think they'll announce something soon. Thoughts? They'd have to really double down on games before taking a risk on something like this IMO.
>>
File: 466545-800px_chadwardenn_large.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
466545-800px_chadwardenn_large.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
Xbox ain't got games.
The only reason a Nintendo handheld works is because of their variety of IPs that work great on a handheld.
Sony handhelds would work better if they didn't use their own memory cards but they have power and attract a lot of weebshit for people that don't get their weebshit fix on Nintendo consoles.

What the fuck will Xbox offer?
>>
>>379141253
More games than the Vita.
>>
I could see it. The Surface has been doing really well, and having something that could go toe-to-toe with the iPad's smaller form factor could be something MS might want to tackle. Since Xbox is 100% Windows now, it could be easy enough to make versions of games that would work on a smaller form-factor tablet PC.
>>
>>379141404
Vita has plenty of games. Like I said, it fills in the holes the 3DS is missing.

What Xbox games would ultimately work really good in handheld form?
>>
>>379141012
>Asking questions
>Imminent

Imminent as in two years away, maybe.
>>
File: duke.png (421KB, 605x384px) Image search: [Google]
duke.png
421KB, 605x384px
>microsoft trying to make a portable console when all their consoles are huge as fuck
>>
It's basically the Surface. At some point the specs will be good enough for 360 emulation(they will announce this for windows 10 at some point)
>>
please don't, the switch is gay as fuck. If they do i'm just going over to ps
>>
>>379141012
it will fail
chads and dudebros wouldn't be caught dead playing handhelds in public. i mean, who the hell would play halo or madden on a handheld?

the only reason why nintendo and sony handhelds sell well is because of weebshit; autists can't go a second without vidya outside of their parent's basements
>>
>>379141932
>chads and dudebros wouldn't be caught dead playing handhelds in public.
t. thinks he was bullied for playing video games and not being a huge dweeb
>>
>>379141580
3rd party multiplats that don't go to Nintendo.

The issue would be getting an Xbox One or higher power console to fit into a handheld with non-ass battery life.
>>
>>379141932
People do not care if you game in punlic if you aren't making an ass out of yourself. I took my games with me and was never bothered. The only time I saw anyone get hassled was when the anime club decided to sit in the lunchroom and loudly play Pokemon on their DSes and blast music on their laptops, and all that happened was them being asked by staff to fuck off if they did it again. You have to actively annoy someone for them to care that you're playing video games, especially since everyone's glued to their phones in public anyways.

You being a nervous sperg in public about trying to not be seen playing video games is more likely to be picked up on than just playing video games.
>>
>>379141712
Good point. I love my surface book, and it would be super easy to make an Xbox branded one. I bet they'd have to sell it at a loss though if they want to do 360 emulation, I just hope they do OG Xbox emulation too.
>>
>>379141012
I highly doubt it's a portable. To me streaming to a phone from anywhere seems way more likely. It's already possible on a Windows phone and the newer variant of the Bone controllers have Bluetooth capability. It'd be pretty cost effective as they just have to rely on consumers owning a phone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.